Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

9 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

perhaps its best, to get back,  on your Bar Stool,  or fluff off

Capital letter needed to begin a sentence .

Apostrophe needed between the t & s in "its" .

No comma needed anywhere in the sentence .

Capitalisation not needed for "Bar Stool" .

Needs to finish with a full-stop .

Interesting exchange.

I used to live in Sydney but I'm not familiar with galah (An "Old Australian" word; an derrogatory term that means a "loud-mouthed idiot." Named specifically for the galah, a native Australian bird that makes a distinctive (and quite funny-sounding) call."Oh, Scotty, ya bloody galah! What are you ON ABOUT?!").

Sanemax you leave a space between last letter of the word and the punctuation sign. Are you American (I know they like to leave 2 spaces after a full stop)? I haven't seen anybody do that before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

fair enuff,   BTW   i like being called a Dingo , not a  Galah ,gave me a good giggle :smile:,have a nice evening

perhaps its best, to get back,  on your Bar Stool,  or fluff off

Nah straight up you are making yourself look a right muppet referring yo yourself as the 3rd person like that and whilst my grammar may not always be top notch, your use of abbreviations is just OTT scuse the pun, your right snowflake. (Whatever a snowflake means it just sounds right)

Edited by Rc2702

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah straight up you are making yourself look a right muppet referring yo yourself as the 3rd person like that and whilst my grammar may not always be top notch, your use of abbreviations is just OTT scuse the pun, your right snowflake. (Whatever a snowflake means it just sounds right)

thats your opinion,and u  r certainly entitled to it,to save u any further grief,please use the Ignore Function button,thats whats its there fore,and a box of hankies to go with it,from E/S, have a nice evening

15 hours ago, oldgit said:

Stoke obviously had a makeshift defence out, with old man Johnson on the right, but their midfield and attack are still to be reckoned with, so it was pleasing that we kept a clean sheet. Morata had a field day and was clinical in his finishing. I was surprised that Alonso, of all people would lose his cool after getting a few whacks. Conte was dead right to substitute him when he did. The Kante/Bakayoko duo worked well although Bakayoko seemed to lose a bit of confidence when a few of his passes went astray. Coming from Monaco, he likes to get the ball forward. Nothing wrong with that but, in this League, you've got to be patient as the opposition will be on top of you in a flash. He's also got to learn to put in a meaty tackle and not try to nick the ball, from the toes of the opposing player, all the time. Saying all that, he's still a fantastic prospect and will get better. Christensen is looking the b*****ks and worked well with Rudiger and safe - as - houses Azpilicueta. I thought Willian looked lively and must have got shoved in the back a dozen times without getting a free kick. 

Only just watched the game..much easier to enjoy when you already know the score ☺.Nice to see Dave Captain the side  (he deserves it),thought him and Moses were brilliant in that 1st half...nothing came down that left hand side thanks to those 2. Well done to all the lads a great team performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Not too much chat about Morata on here despite the hat trick:whistling:

He reminds me a little of the (pre-Chelsea) Torres in which case you have a star on your hands.:smile:

First of all Torres. Alright he wasn't as productive for us as he was for Liverpool and Athletico before, but he is a class act. For some reason, it could have been style of play, family not settling in to their new surroundings or just bad luck, I don't know but what the bloke did give was effort and commitment, even though it wasn't happening for him. He's 33 years old now and still doing a shift for Athletico. I especially liked his reaction, when he found out that he would be coming to the Bridge for the Champions League this season.

Now Morata has hit the ground running. I'm pleased because I've always liked him. It looked like there was a bomb under him, just waiting to explode. Yes, very much like Torres in his movement and attitude but,I'm just waiting for the time when he has a bit of a barren spell...and it will come... and all the johnny -come-latelys' will leap off the bandwagon like rats off a sinking ship, and start bleating on why we didn't sign Lukaku instead. The lad has got to be given every chance and encouragement, even when times are hard.

Edited by oldgit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

First of all Torres. Alright he wasn't as productive for us as he was for Liverpool and Athletico before, but he is a class act. For some reason, it could have been style of play, family not settling in to their new surroundings or just bad luck, I don't know but what the bloke did give was effort and commitment, even though it wasn't happening for him. He's 33 years old now and still doing a shift for Athletico. I especially liked his reaction, when he found out that he would be coming to the Bridge for the Champions League this season.

Now Morata has hit the ground running. I'm pleased because I've always liked him. It looked like there was a bomb under him, just waiting to explode. Yes, very much like Torres in his movement and attitude but,I'm just waiting for the time when he has a bit of a barren spell...and it will come... and all the johnny -come-latelys' will leap off the bandwagon like rats off a sinking ship, and start bleating on why we didn't sign Lukaku instead. The lad has got to be given every chance and encouragement, even when times are hard.

They got too used to bull dozers. Drogba before Costa. Morata I think will bang in 25-30 this season. Lukaku v Morata. Morata all day long although Lukaku is improving. 

• Like 2

diego.jpg.bae2aed41e05e468303fe07628d45c16.jpg

:post-4641-1156694572:

Brilliant performance by the team. Everybody, including the substitutes played their part to the letter. After the first five minutes, when they were pinging the ball about and even had Kante running around in circles, we took hold of the game. The penalty was against the run of play. Luiz pulled the player down and, most of the time, the referee doesn't see it but, this time, he was eagle eyed. If Saul had converted that parry from Courtois to make it 2-0 before half time, it would have been an injustice but you don't get a result in football by being fair, you've got to be ruthless. Fortune was on our side there.

The second half continued in the same vein. Hazard was terrorising their defence, Morata returning to Madrid was all out to prove a point, Moses had his best game for a while, even Fabregas was non stop, beavering away in midfield. Kante was everywhere and, although Bakayoko gave the ball away a couple of times, that  flick to Alonso that led to the winning goal, was sublime. Great for Batshuiyi, as well as Morata, to get on the scoresheet to keep the momentum going.

I had to watch the game in an eerie silence as the sound had gone on my TCL (crap brand, I know) television. Sometimes, I turn the sound down because I can't stand listening to the commentators but this was one game where I would have had it on full volume. Mrs. OG, who doesn't share my enthusiasm for football, was highly delighted as she got some uninterrupted shuteye.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Gonna be a great game on saturday I reckon lads. Tad nervous if I may say so

The short time span between the games is annoying mate. It will be interesting to see if Guardiola continues with his tried and trusted tactics, and sets out to dominate possession and compress the play. I've got a feeling he won't because of the form we're in, so it might be a cagy affair, for the first half at least. This could all change if there is an early goal though!

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

The short time span between the games is annoying mate. It will be interesting to see if Guardiola continues with his tried and trusted tactics, and sets out to dominate possession and compress the play. I've got a feeling he won't because of the form we're in, so it might be a cagy affair, for the first half at least. This could all change if there is an early goal though!

I don't think he knows (or wants) any other way to play TBH. Against all the other teams in the prem and champs league he has insisted on playing the same way. Sometimes I wish he would play a bit more cagey at times

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't think he knows (or wants) any other way to play TBH. Against all the other teams in the prem and champs league he has insisted on playing the same way. Sometimes I wish he would play a bit more cagey at times

The flight back from Madrid is only a couple of hours which isn't too much of a problem. What concerns me is the monumental effort we put into the game while City had a bit of a stroll. A few tired limbs which will leave plenty of work for the physio's to do. If City do compress the midfield, that will leave loads of space for Hazard and Morata to run into...as long as they have the energy to use it.

6 minutes ago, oldgit said:

The flight back from Madrid is only a couple of hours which isn't too much of a problem. What concerns me is the monumental effort we put into the game while City had a bit of a stroll. A few tired limbs which will leave plenty of work for the physio's to do. If City do compress the midfield, that will leave loads of space for Hazard and Morata to run into...as long as they have the energy to use it.

Energy levels, or lack of won't have anything to do with it matey. These guys are super fit and used to playing on wed and then sat games.

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Energy levels, or lack of won't have anything to do with it matey. These guys are super fit and used to playing on wed and then sat games.

True BJ but City, having the extra day's rest, will still have the edge.