Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Gael Kakuta looks a real prospect.As soon as he came on,he was feinting and dummying his opponents.Not exactly lacking in confidence either.No wonder Ancellotti is hesitant to dip in the transfer market with talent like this on the sidelines.

What part of West London is he from OG ??

He lives right next door to Julien Faubert!

& with a bit of luck, that'll be somewhere in France in the first week of January... :)

Does anyone know where you can buy a genuine Chelsea shirt in Bangkok?

Don't know if they're in BKK but this lot are somewhere i recently bought some Xmas Pressies & they were with me within 4 days & are not expensive either, thumbs up from me..

Gael Kakuta looks a real prospect.As soon as he came on,he was feinting and dummying his opponents.Not exactly lacking in confidence either.No wonder Ancellotti is hesitant to dip in the transfer market with talent like this on the sidelines.

What part of West London is he from OG ??

He lives right next door to Julien Faubert!

& with a bit of luck, that'll be somewhere in France in the first week of January... :D

We've got yer 'Ammers on 20th. December :) .Unless you're worried about little old Hull,Singhy?

& with a bit of luck, that'll be somewhere in France in the first week of January... :D

We've got yer 'Ammers on 20th. December :D .Unless you're worried about little old Hull,Singhy?

You know us better than that P oldgit, we ain't worried about anyone... :D

Yep, Chelsea to win by 2 clear Goals as always..

& the Song is prepared.. :)

Your Sister is a Squealer

Your Mother is a Stealer

Your Father is a Dealer

The Terry Family...

Don't know if they're in BKK but this lot are somewhere i recently bought some Xmas Pressies & they were with me within 4 days & are not expensive either, thumbs up from me..

Cheers mate, seems an interesting site.....

Are they genuine shirts? They seem to be a bit on the cheap side...... :)

Or paypal me the cash and I will send you an original one from the Megastore?!?!

Yeah, cheers mate, did you get the money yet.... :)

Had a look at the Megastore online and got directed to the one in Hong Kong to get one sent out to thailand. Might end up going down that road.

Nice on Singhy :D anyway i will pm you with my address so you know where to send mine too :)

Edited by Jockstar

Nice on Singhy :D anyway i will pm you with my address so you know where to send mine too :D

I'm still waiting on mine. :)

Nice on Singhy :D anyway i will pm you with my address so you know where to send mine too :D

I'm still waiting on mine. :)

I've PM'd you... :D

Looks like the injury situation may be swinging in our favour for Sunday's game against The Arse.

If Gallas is also out I may even invest a few pennies on the outcome :)

I don't think it's an issue whether Gallas plays or not as,in the form they're in right now,Drogba and Anelka would cause problems for any centre back parnership.The main problem Chelsea will need to overcome is Arsenal's pace in midfield.It will be interesting to see who Ancellotti opts for to combat this.

Lets wrap this title up by the end of January boys!! :)

Arsenal 0 - 3 Chelsea

Premier League leaders Chelsea left Arsenal's title challenge reeling by beating the Gunners to increase the gap to 11 points on their London rivals.

Striker Didier Drogba guided an Ashley Cole cross into the top corner to put the visitors ahead.

Another Ashley Cole delivery was then diverted into his own net by Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.

Drogba put an elaborate seal on a deserved victory when he powered in a 25-yard free-kick late on.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had said the game was a moment for his players to show their strength but, instead, the defeat only served to blow a massive hole in his side's title hopes.

Chelsea, however, move five points clear of Manchester United at the top of the table and have now kept clean sheets in their previous six Premier League matches.

The last time Arsenal had been beaten at home was by Chelsea in May and, despite five free-scoring wins at the Emirates Stadium so far this season, the Blues again showed their power was superior to Arsenal's panache.

Wenger's side had quickly got into their passing stride but struggled to pierce the visitors' backline and Chelsea could have had an early penalty in their favour.

Striker Nicolas Anelka had a shot blocked by keeper Manuel Almunia when through on goal but, in the process, seemed to have been pulled down by Bacary Sagna.

There was little protest from Chelsea and they worked another opportunity which saw Drogba fail to get enough power on a header he angled straight at Almunia.

For all their possession, Arsenal had little to show for it and they were handed the harsh lesson in the necessity of having a ruthless streak to their play.

Former Gunners left-back Ashley Cole responded to the boos greeting his every touch by curling in a cross which Drogba finished with aplomb for his ninth goal in his last nine appearances against Arsenal.

Soon after, a whipped Ashley Cole cross to the near post was diverted into his own net by Vermaelen as Arsenal were left stunned on the stroke of half-time.

This was the cue for Wenger to introduce Theo Walcott at the break in an attempt to get behind the formidable Blues back line.

His introduction gave Arsenal fresh impetus and the hosts thought they had pulled a goal back when Andrey Arshavin drove in a shot at the far post. But the goal was disallowed for an earlier foul on Chelsea keeper Petr Cech by Eduardo.

The visitors showed why they boast the top-flight's meanest defence as they continually thwarted Arsenal to deny them any clear-cut chances.

It was a defensive performance the home side might do well to take note of as they seek to add the steel to their style that many critics argue they lack.

The Gunners were also clearly feeling the absence of injured striker Robin van Persie, who had scored two goals in a victory over Chelsea this time last year, as they lacked a cutting edge to their play.

And the home side almost fell further behind in bizarre circumstances.

A Drogba strike ricocheted off both William Gallas and Frank Lampard and was set to creep into the bottom corner before Almunia, at full-stretch, palmed the ball wide.

But Drogba continued to prove a chief tormentor for Arsenal as he beat Almunia with a free-kick which gave him his 11th Premier League goal of the campaign and 14th in total.

It was three points earned with authority from Chelsea and proved the show of strength from them that Wenger was looking for from his own side.

I think last night was a bit like a fighter saying give me your best shot and I will hit you back twice as hard.

A few weeks ago Wenger was saying that he had an array of striking options at his disposal (not sure if he was saying this a bit tongue in cheek) but on this evdience without Van Persie they have nothing up front to worry a top defence and I have never rated the other option missing yesterday, Bendtner. Moving on Adebayor to Man City was good business (as has been proved by his lame performances this year) but they should have used the money to try and bring in a top striker (same problem for Liverpool although that is not the only position in which they are lacking).

I also notice this week Wenger has been saying we will spend big in January but not sure if he is just trying to upset the apple cart. I certainly would not bring in that striker from Spain in January as rumoured (although the timing of any transfer ban may force our hand) as we have enough competition up front as it is and we all know Drogba/Anelka can be very tempremental if things are not going their way. We have already shown this season we can cope easily enough if one of them is missing and looking at our bench last night gave me no cause for concern.

Cannot comment on Ribery as not really seen enough of him.

I have to admit I was one of the Anelka detractors a season or so back but it is great to be proved wrong. As for Drogba I was not convinced by his long lay off with the knee injury but at this rate he is going to end up a legend as long as he can keep the theatrics off the pitch.

I think this season anything, or should I say everything is possible if one all important factor goes in our favour....luck.

Being a supporter from a long way back I still treat all this as a bonus having gone through the 70s/80s which makes it all so easier as I do not think we have any devine right to be successful. I remember an old friend used to revel in showing me his Arsenal mug with all their honours printed on the outside. I just hope he has not bought the updated version for the last 5 years.

As for Benny from Crossroads, what was that hat all about :)

Moving on Adebayor to Man City was good business (as has been proved by his lame performances this year)

Bit harsh there Ossies. I hardly think 5 goals (including one against Arsenal) from 10 league appearances, is lame. He has been off the boil lately but name me a player who doesn't over a full season

I think last night was a bit like a fighter saying give me your best shot and I will hit you back twice as hard.

A few weeks ago Wenger was saying that he had an array of striking options at his disposal (not sure if he was saying this a bit tongue in cheek) but on this evdience without Van Persie they have nothing up front to worry a top defence and I have never rated the other option missing yesterday, Bendtner. Moving on Adebayor to Man City was good business (as has been proved by his lame performances this year) but they should have used the money to try and bring in a top striker (same problem for Liverpool although that is not the only position in which they are lacking).

I also notice this week Wenger has been saying we will spend big in January but not sure if he is just trying to upset the apple cart. I certainly would not bring in that striker from Spain in January as rumoured (although the timing of any transfer ban may force our hand) as we have enough competition up front as it is and we all know Drogba/Anelka can be very tempremental if things are not going their way. We have already shown this season we can cope easily enough if one of them is missing and looking at our bench last night gave me no cause for concern.

Cannot comment on Ribery as not really seen enough of him.

I have to admit I was one of the Anelka detractors a season or so back but it is great to be proved wrong. As for Drogba I was not convinced by his long lay off with the knee injury but at this rate he is going to end up a legend as long as he can keep the theatrics off the pitch.

I think this season anything, or should I say everything is possible if one all important factor goes in our favour....luck.

Being a supporter from a long way back I still treat all this as a bonus having gone through the 70s/80s which makes it all so easier as I do not think we have any devine right to be successful. I remember an old friend used to revel in showing me his Arsenal mug with all their honours printed on the outside. I just hope he has not bought the updated version for the last 5 years.

As for Benny from Crossroads, what was that hat all about :)

I agree with a lot of your post,Oz.I must admit,I felt the same about Anelka when we signed him.I can't imagine him not being in the side now.I was around in the 60's/70's,travelling up and down the country to see the Blues strut their stuff and,with all the talent on show like Osgood,Hudson,Cooke etc.,it looked like the world was our oyster.Got kicked in the <deleted> for my troubles but the night we won the European Cup Winners Cup in Athens was magical.

As far as I was concerned,last night's performance hinged on Ancellotti's choices in midfield (the defence and attack picks itself,nowadays)and he got it spot on.Bringing in Essien and Joe Cole to the boiler room to add pace was the right decision.I was a bit concerned with introducing Lampard after injury into a high tempo game like this but the bloke was absolutely outstanding.He covered every blade of grass and his pass to Ashley Cole to set up Drogba's first was exquisite.What can you say about Drogba?The man looks like he's never kicked a football in his life,at times then he pulls one out of the top drawer,for the first goal goal and his free kick was sublime.

I don't think I've seen a fitter Chelsea squad.The substitutes come on and immediately slot in to the system showing no sign of rustiness.Nice observation with Ancellotti's cap,by the way :D .

OG, not old enough for Athens (first game 77 home to Forest for me birthday and got stuffed from what I recall) but sure I have got the final commentary on vinyl somewhere (from my Grandad). Reminds me must try and find that on next trip back to UK. However, I was in Stockholm for the more recent ECWC victory.

The other thing I didn't mention is how well Ivanovich has done slotting in as understudy for Boswinga which has been a surprise to me. It seems to prove your point how they have a well drilled system in place now where if you change any cog it has little or no affect on the performance (I suppose similar to how Man U have maintained their position over the last decade but when you look at the bench from the weekend surely ours is now the stronger squad).

Mr BJ I have a financial interest in Adebayor doing well this season (EW so top 4 in scorers will do me) but looks like it will not come to fruition, especially as he is off to Africa in January. As a result I watched a lot of City's games this year and fair enough he had a good start to the season but he really is not doing it now (did not watch the last game) and with City struggling (having only lost 1 game this season :) ) this is really where a top player should step up to the plate.

His dip seems to be since his goal scoring antics/ban and to me he has looked lazy (reminds me of a certain Chelsea striker of old...Mr Drogs). Perhaps he is another who needs the correct handling by the right manager, but for what was it 25m my jury is still out. I liked him at Arsenal but soon start to dislike players who I perceive as being lazy and not giving their all for the team. These players are in a priveledged position nowadays moneywise so do not think there is any excuse for not giving 100% every game.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Ossies

OG, not old enough for Athens (first game 77 home to Forest for me birthday and got stuffed from what I recall) but sure I have got the final commentary on vinyl somewhere (from my Grandad). Reminds me must try and find that on next trip back to UK. However, I was in Stockholm for the more recent ECWC victory.

The other thing I didn't mention is how well Ivanovich has done slotting in as understudy for Boswinga which has been a surprise to me. It seems to prove your point how they have a well drilled system in place now where if you change any cog it has little or no affect on the performance (I suppose similar to how Man U have maintained their position over the last decade but when you look at the bench from the weekend surely ours is now the stronger squad).

Mr BJ I have a financial interest in Adebayor doing well this season (EW so top 4 in scorers will do me) but looks like it will not come to fruition, especially as he is off to Africa in January. As a result I watched a lot of City's games this year and fair enough he had a good start to the season but he really is not doing it now (did not watch the last game) and with City struggling (having only lost 1 game this season :) ) this is really where a top player should step up to the plate.

His dip seems to be since his goal scoring antics/ban and to me he has looked lazy (reminds me of a certain Chelsea striker of old...Mr Drogs). Perhaps he is another who needs the correct handling by the right manager, but for what was it 25m my jury is still out. I liked him at Arsenal but soon start to dislike players who I perceive as being lazy and not giving their all for the team. These players are in a priveledged position nowadays moneywise so do not think there is any excuse for not giving 100% every game.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Your'e right about Ivanovich.When you consider that his best position is as a central defender,hes played outstandingly well.He's improved leaps and bounds this season as I remember, when he came in as a utility full back a few seasons against Barcelona,Ronaldinho pissed all over him.I rate him highly and reckon he''ll be playing centre back next season.

It was a below par performance by us yesterday,due in no small part,to the pressure City's midfield and front players put on our defence.Too many times we resorted to passing the ball back to Cech who hoofed the ball upfield in the hope that Drogba or Anelka would get on the end of it.The problem with that was Lescott and Toure had one of their best games together.

We started off really well and deservedly took the lead but, from then on,we were second best to a fired up City side.Ballack and Deco were ineffective which put added pressure on Lampard and Essien.It was only after City's second goal that we got back in the game but, the penalty miss by Lampard seemed to sum up a generally lethargic display.

It was a below par performance by us yesterday,due in no small part,to the pressure City's midfield and front players put on our defence.Too many times we resorted to passing the ball back to Cech who hoofed the ball upfield in the hope that Drogba or Anelka would get on the end of it.The problem with that was Lescott and Toure had one of their best games together.

We started off really well and deservedly took the lead but, from then on,we were second best to a fired up City side.Ballack and Deco were ineffective which put added pressure on Lampard and Essien.It was only after City's second goal that we got back in the game but, the penalty miss by Lampard seemed to sum up a generally lethargic display.

A fair & accurate analysis Mr OG...

A fair & accurate analysis Mr OG...

I concur. :)

Come on Chels, whats going on? lost all my faith in Cech also!

Chelsea 3 - 3 Everton

Chelsea dropped league points at home for the first time this season as Everton came from behind to grab an unlikely 3-3 draw at Stamford Bridge.

The visitors took a surprise lead when a Leighton Baines free-kick was headed towards goal by Louis Saha and eventually deflected into the net by Petr Cech after it had bounced off the post.

But Chelsea were soon back on level terms as a flowing move ended with Frank Lampard playing in Didier Drogba, who gave Tim Howard no chance with the finish.

After a scramble in the area, Nicolas Anelka gave Chelsea the lead when he slotted home from close range but substitute Yakubu Aiyegbeni sent the teams into half-time level after another battle in the area left him with an easy chance.

Chelsea took control after the break and were in the lead once again when Drogba met Branislav Ivanovic's cross on the volley and fired into the net.

However, another bizarre goal secured a point for Everton as Drogba's attempted header clear struck Saha on the back and looped over Cech into the net.

Chelsea almost scored as early as the fourth minute when Michael Ballack put Drogba clear of the Everton defence but the Ivory Coast striker's effort was just wide of the far post.

Everton then hit back four minutes later when Jo unleashed 25-yard drive that Chelsea goalkeeper Cech did well to turn away for a corner.

And the Toffees went in front in the 12th minute when the home side were again caught out from a set-piece.

Baines sent the free-kick into the penalty area and although Saha headed the ball on to the post, it rebounded off the back of Cech and into the net for an own goal.

It was only the second goal Chelsea had conceded at home in the Premier League this season.

Not since the opening day, when Hull City's Stephen Hunt scored, had any opposing domestic side found the net.

But Chelsea were level in the 17th minute with a well-worked goal. Ricardo Carvalho broke forward and evaded a number of challenges before supplying a superb pass for Lampard.

The England international tapped the ball into the path of Drogba, who hit a first-time shot into the roof of the net for his 17th goal in all competitions this season.

Anelka then put Chelsea in front in the 23rd minute when Everton failed to clear Lampard's corner and Anelka collected Carvalho's neat pass and home from close range.

Everton striker Jo was forced to hobble off with an ankle injury in stoppage time and his replacement, Yakubu, shocked Chelsea with an equaliser seconds later.

Terry failed to clear a throw-in and when Baines robbed the Chelsea captain, the Everton striker pounced.

Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti resisted making any changes at half-time and began the second period in a positive fashion.

And in the 58th minute their pressure paid off when Ivanovic crossed for Drogba to score his 18th of the season.

The Ivory Coast striker fired home from six yards at the far post after Everton's defence failed to intercept the cross.

But a mix-up in the Chelsea defence led to a second equaliser as Heitinga sent a free-kick into the Chelsea penalty area.

Drogba, helping out in a defensive role, headed the ball into the back of the leaping Saha and it bounced back over Cech and into the empty net to make it 3-3.

Ballack showed Chelsea could almost be as deadly from set-pieces when he forced Howard into a fine save with a 25-yard free-kick in the 74th minute.

But despite the home side's pressure, including another Ballack effort that flew just wide, they could not find a breakthrough.

Our underlying problem of defending set pieces resurfaced again against Everton.You could say that their goals had an element of luck, but the truth was that we never looked comfortable against the free kicks that Leighton Baines whipped in with venom and pace.Compare his quality of delivery with the glaringly obvious, insipid little floaters that Lampard produces.Don't get me wrong,Lampard is an integral part of our midfield but,as far as corners and free kicks from deep are concerned,there is no pace and imagination to his product.It makes me wonder what these blokes do on the training ground all week.

Our underlying problem of defending set pieces resurfaced again against Everton.You could say that their goals had an element of luck, but the truth was that we never looked comfortable against the free kicks that Leighton Baines whipped in with venom and pace.Compare his quality of delivery with the glaringly obvious, insipid little floaters that Lampard produces.Don't get me wrong,Lampard is an integral part of our midfield but,as far as corners and free kicks from deep are concerned,there is no pace and imagination to his product.It makes me wonder what these blokes do on the training ground all week.

Having watched the game I concur with all you say. Lampard seems to be just going through the motions ,very little imagination and looks like a man that needs a new challenge. I would also query what Ballack brings to the table . He needs to be moved on and some creativity brought in. Its going to be a long ,long season and the likes of Lampard could probably benefit from a week or 2 on a beach somewhere to re charge the batteries.

Having watched the game I concur with all you say. Lampard seems to be just going through the motions ,very little imagination and looks like a man that needs a new challenge. I would also query what Ballack brings to the table . He needs to be moved on and some creativity brought in. Its going to be a long ,long season and the likes of Lampard could probably benefit from a week or 2 on a beach somewhere to re charge the batteries.

Before the game against Arsenal,I was thinking the same about Lampard,then he puts in a stormer of a performance in that match.His lack of prowess from corners etc. is nothing new and I've always been astonished why they persevere with him.Easily the best exponent we have from corner kicks is Florent Malouda but,in this present diamond system that Ancelloti favours,his chances are limited.His chance for an extended run in the team will come when the Africans disappear.

Ballack hasn't had the same impact since his last injury when,prior to that,he was one of our best players.There can be no doubt,however,that he along with Terry is our best naturally gifted footballer.Both are equally adept with both feet.I think that in the present formation,his role is limited to foraging and breaking up attacks.The problem is,he's desperately slow nowadays and finds it diffucult to get up and down.You will see Ballack in his favoured midfield role in the World Cup.

Before the game against Arsenal,I was thinking the same about Lampard,then he puts in a stormer of a performance in that match.His lack of prowess from corners etc. is nothing new and I've always been astonished why they persevere with him.Easily the best exponent we have from corner kicks is Florent Malouda but,in this present diamond system that Ancelloti favours,his chances are limited.His chance for an extended run in the team will come when the Africans disappear.

Ballack hasn't had the same impact since his last injury when,prior to that,he was one of our best players.There can be no doubt,however,that he along with Terry is our best naturally gifted footballer.Both are equally adept with both feet.I think that in the present formation,his role is limited to foraging and breaking up attacks.The problem is,he's desperately slow nowadays and finds it diffucult to get up and down.You will see Ballack in his favoured midfield role in the World Cup.

I would say Essien is more naturally gifted than Terry or Ballack. But it's your team OG, :)