Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Quite spectacular goings on at Chelsea reportedly.

http://www.football3...-Chelsea-Gossip

Do you really think a player would tell a manager that he would never win anything with his tactics.

And I am amazed that Lampard is eloquent enough to accuse AVB of sacrificing players for his personal vindication. I wonder if AVB knew what he was talking about.

Lampard,Terry and Cole couldn't fashion a sentence between the three of them,without their elocution teachers in tow.You just wish they would keep their traps shut and just get on with what they do best.

Do you really think a player would tell a manager that he would never win anything with his tactics.

And I am amazed that Lampard is eloquent enough to accuse AVB of sacrificing players for his personal vindication. I wonder if AVB knew what he was talking about.

Lampard,Terry and Cole couldn't fashion a sentence between the three of them,without their elocution teachers in tow.You just wish they would keep their traps shut and just get on with what they do best.

sleep with women who are not their wives?

Beat me to it stevie!

Actually oldgit, fat frank is a relative genius amongst premier league footballers boasting a collection of 5 gcse's. Either way, they are a trio of turds that don't seem to understand that its the coach that makes the decisions not them.

Edited by carmine

What is it about soccer fans that gives them some god-given right to set a moral code by which others should live their lives. Is it that we think that soccer players should be more accountable than the general public (in which case football needs to define the moral code and commit players contractually) or are soccer fans so whiter than white that their own moral code sets a high standard by which they are entitled to judge others? If the latter those persons need to realise that other people have moral codes that abhor drug taking (alcohol), casual sex, skipping debts and lying to tax authorities and immigration officers!

Not making any personal attacks here, since its a widely observed phenomenon and I recognise that its sometimes just poking a bit of fun - but there is a real debate to be had there in the British culture.

What is it about soccer fans that gives them some god-given right to set a moral code by which others should live their lives. Is it that we think that soccer players should be more accountable than the general public (in which case football needs to define the moral code and commit players contractually) or are soccer fans so whiter than white that their own moral code sets a high standard by which they are entitled to judge others? If the latter those persons need to realise that other people have moral codes that abhor drug taking (alcohol), casual sex, skipping debts and lying to tax authorities and immigration officers!

Not making any personal attacks here, since its a widely observed phenomenon and I recognise that its sometimes just poking a bit of fun - but there is a real debate to be had there in the British culture.

There is little debate to be had here Santi. The role of England captain should be held by someone who has few character deficiencies. If you are prone to shag your teammates wives then probably best you step aside and leave it for someone else.

But then I have high moral standards of course. tongue.png

We'll have to beg to differ then Smokie. I haven't got the faintest interest in what politicians or sports people or celebrities get up to in their personal lives. Now neighbours, my family or that hot girl down the road; what they get up to really interests melicklips.gif

We'll have to beg to differ then Smokie. I haven't got the faintest interest in what politicians or sports people or celebrities get up to in their personal lives. Now neighbours, my family or that hot girl down the road; what they get up to really interests melicklips.gif

I blame my parents. sad.png

biggrin.png

Yeah,these three plus the majority of the British 'jack the lads' that play in the Premier League.

There is little debate to be had here Santi. The role of England captain should be held by someone who has few character deficiencies. If you are prone to shag your teammates wives then probably best you step aside and leave it for someone else.

But then I have high moral standards of course. tongue.png

I'll continue to pick holes in their public persona because,quite frankly,I don't like any of them.

Maybe as it is the Chelsea thread Stevie.... we could talk about Russians or Money or Boys just to keep the connection with Thailand for this VIP.

C'mon lads,let's not dismiss this character out of hand just yet.Maybe his point is,why talk about anything on Thaivisa?Why talk at all? A whole range of issues abound.

Maybe as it is the Chelsea thread Stevie.... we could talk about Russians or Money or Boys just to keep the connection with Thailand for this VIP.

C'mon lads,let's not dismiss this character out of hand just yet.Maybe his point is,why talk about anything on Thaivisa?Why talk at all? A whole range of issues abound.

well he's into zen territory then since none of us are actually 'talking', rather typing. or posting, if you will. that is unless there are posters on here who talk to themselves, reciting their own posts as they type them out in the first place. if there are then those people are in very deep personal mental trouble indeed.

There was a particularly interesting discussion on Sky Sports Football Forum last Sunday.This came on the aftermath of Chelsea's win against Bolton in which it came to light that,during the post match interview between Villas Boas and the press,Ron Gourlay and Bruce Buck (Chelsea executives and Abramovich's eyes and ears) were standing in the wings.Paul Hayward of the Daily Telegraph and someone who's opinion I have a lot of time for,spoke about how demeaning this is for manager and that this scenario would never happen at United while Ferguson was facing the press.

Well,we all know that Abramovich will never speak to the press in public so,his endorsement or likewise of Villas Boas will never be known until the day he is shown the door.The fact that these two were at the gathering COULD have been construed as Abramovich's support for Villas Boas and his long term plan for the team.It is highly likely that,when Villas Boas took over,this was Abramovich's vision and would have been discussed at length - to phase out the old guard.

Hayward's assertion that Villas Boas was doing this too quickly because he hasn't got the quality to effect the transformation, is valid as Mereiles,for example will never be as good as Lampard.However,I don't agree with him that Mata is the only shining light.Ramires is a great talent and already making the surging runs that Essien used to do.His passing needs to improve,though.David Luiz? I don't see any difference between a young John Terry and him when Terry first came into the team alongside Desailly.He loved to burst forward from the back as well.

There was a particularly interesting discussion on Sky Sports Football Forum last Sunday.This came on the aftermath of Chelsea's win against Bolton in which it came to light that,during the post match interview between Villas Boas and the press,Ron Gourlay and Bruce Buck (Chelsea executives and Abramovich's eyes and ears) were standing in the wings.Paul Hayward of the Daily Telegraph and someone who's opinion I have a lot of time for,spoke about how demeaning this is for manager and that this scenario would never happen at United while Ferguson was facing the press.

Well,we all know that Abramovich will never speak to the press in public so,his endorsement or likewise of Villas Boas will never be known until the day he is shown the door.The fact that these two were at the gathering COULD have been construed as Abramovich's support for Villas Boas and his long term plan for the team.It is highly likely that,when Villas Boas took over,this was Abramovich's vision and would have been discussed at length - to phase out the old guard.

Hayward's assertion that Villas Boas was doing this too quickly because he hasn't got the quality to effect the transformation, is valid as Mereiles,for example will never be as good as Lampard.However,I don't agree with him that Mata is the only shining light.Ramires is a great talent and already making the surging runs that Essien used to do.His passing needs to improve,though.David Luiz? I don't see any difference between a young John Terry and him when Terry first came into the team alongside Desailly.He loved to burst forward from the back as well.

Interesting points, I was under the impression from recent comments from AVB he sounded like a manager who knew his time was up... I must admit I find AVB a bit confusing at times as he hardly helps himself in whats he says about the players and the owner to the media.

Also wondering what the Mourinho house hunting in London is all about - a return to Chelsea perhaps?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Maybe AVB could do with a bit of Zen then. Something needs to happen to change the game.

You don't learn football or inspirational leadership in a college.

Mourhino inspired by Bobby Robson.

AVB's inspiration...?

ATB

gogobar8

well he's into zen territory then since none of us are actually 'talking', rather typing. or posting, if you will. that is unless there are posters on here who talk to themselves, reciting their own posts as they type them out in the first place. if there are then those people are in very deep personal mental trouble indeed.

Don't spoil the good work. Loved your piece on stuart pearce.

Could you rustle something up along the lines of Zen and the art of football management?

Maybe include a bit about Peter Reid, Bryan Robson and the current German manager of the Thai national team.

Up to you if you want to make reference to historic battles in IndoChina? Reckon we could sell it to The Nation or Bangkok Post.

What do you think?

I'll assist for a small (possibly 0) percentage.

Cheers.

ggb8

Stevie H

I think there could be a business opportunity here.

Chelsea, Barclay's Premiership, relevance to Thailand......the Zen feels good.

You write about football very well.

I work in advertising and know a lot about sponsorship engagement and publishing

Have a think. Happy to communicate privately.

Regards.

Chris

Close, if not spot on.

Yep. Zen territory.

The trick is not to be deflected.

Ask Lionel Messi or a Brazilan footballer.

That was awful and it was the first time I've seen Villas Boas,at an after match interview,looking extremely fed up with the whole business.I think there is a concerted effort now,from within the playing staff,to see the back of him.The biggest shame is that this 'battle of minds' between Villas Boas and the 'old guard' is effecting the younger players in the team.Mata is steadily deteriorating and Ramires had probably one of his quietest games and looked a shadow of the talent we saw at the start of the season.The worrying thing is they both looked off the pace.Gary Cahill must be wondering what he's walked into here.It's like a Thai soap opera.Luiz is chancing his arm too many times with his forays upfield, probably because he can see nothing happening in front of him.I don't buy this lack of confidence <deleted> as we had a good win against Bolton the previous weekend.No,there's a conspiracy between the old stagers (and maybe Abramovich as he seems to listen to them more than the succession of managers he's employed) to topple this young upstart and I think now,for the first time,it will happen.Mind you,Villas Boas didn't help himself by substituting the teams two best players on the day,Essien and Ivanovic.

There are plenty of possibles waiting in the wings to take over but most of them will want Champions League football.I don't think Mourinho is one of them as he's too 'pally' with Terry,Drogba,Cole,Lampard etc. who are exactly the people who should be kicked out.I can't see Capello accepting the poison chalice as he seemingly thinks John Terry walks on water.Guardiola hasn't signed a new contract at Barcelona but he would need a kings ransom to fashion a team to play his brand of football.It looks like Benitez will be accepting the cudgel not if,but when Villas Boas goes.