Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Hello Oldgit and all my fellow Chelsea Fans (where ever you may be)

Ive had a few problems over here in good old soaking wet blighty,but i won,t bore you with all the details,this bloody computer has had its up and downs though and i,m glad i,m not a happy hammer fan cos thats what this bloody thing would have got ( a right good hammering)

First off what the .uck are we doing on the 2nd page of this forum We are the European Champions League Winners.

Second Carmine why are you so bitter (don,t answer that) just carry on slagging us off and our players( it does make me chuckle)

Oh! and Carmine is that wager still on where you quote (Danny Baker has more accademic qualifications than most) If so i,ll take that wager,and i,ll wager with you, that the aforementioned millwall fan has the same amount of accademic qualifications as your mob have got Premiership Titles

Answer .uck all

Thats me lot for now,but in the words of Arnie I,ll be back

wink.png

Ive had a few problems over here in good old soaking wet blighty,but i won,t bore you with all the details,this bloody computer has had its up and downs though and i,m glad i,m not a happy hammer fan cos thats what this bloody thing would have got ( a right good hammering)

First off what the .uck are we doing on the 2nd page of this forum We are the European Champions League Winners.

Second Carmine why are you so bitter (don,t answer that) just carry on slagging us off and our players( it does make me chuckle)

Oh! and Carmine is that wager still on where you quote (Danny Baker has more accademic qualifications than most) If so i,ll take that wager,and i,ll wager with you, that the aforementioned millwall fan has the same amount of accademic qualifications as your mob have got Premiership Titles

Answer .uck all

wink.png

Can't wait! Chelsea fc....who says money can't buy success......

Answer .uck all

wink.png

Hello Keith.Yeah,me and Seapok are still holding the fort. Well,after all the arrivals (Hazard,Marin and ,almost certainly, Oscar) and departures (Drogba,Kalou and Bosingwa so far) ,we need a role call.

The shirt numbers have just been given but,by the beginning of August,the Premier League squad of 25 will be announced. We are well covered on the goalkeeping front (Cech,Turnball and Hilario) and the left back (Cole,Bertrand and Van Aarnholt) and central defensive positions (Luiz,Cahill,Terry and Ivanovic) but the right back position is worrying with only Ivanovic doubling up,Ferreira and Hutchinson. In a defensive midfield role,we have the pick of Essien,Mikel,Romeu and Lampard. Mikel was outstanding in the Champions League but he's very good when the play is in front of him.We have an abundance of attacking options in central and wide midfield with Mata,Ramires,Hazard,Mereiles,Marin,De Bruyne,Sturridge,Beneyoun (no shirt number as yet),McEachran (needs to get out of his comfort zone),Kakuta (a wasted talent,so far),Malouda and Oscar.Torres and Lukaku take up the central striker's role. I'm a bit disappointed that Piazon hasn't been drafted in yet.

Answer .uck all

wink.png

Hello Keith.Yeah,me and Seapok are still holding the fort. Well,after all the arrivals (Hazard,Marin and ,almost certainly, Oscar) and departures (Drogba,Kalou and Bosingwa so far) ,we need a role call.

The shirt numbers have just been given but,by the beginning of August,the Premier League squad of 25 will be announced. We are well covered on the goalkeeping front (Cech,Turnball and Hilario) and the left back (Cole,Bertrand and Van Aarnholt) and central defensive positions (Luiz,Cahill,Terry and Ivanovic) but the right back position is worrying with only Ivanovic doubling up,Ferreira and Hutchinson. In a defensive midfield role,we have the pick of Essien,Mikel,Romeu and Lampard. Mikel was outstanding in the Champions League but he's very good when the play is in front of him.We have an abundance of attacking options in central and wide midfield with Mata,Ramires,Hazard,Mereiles,Marin,De Bruyne,Sturridge,Beneyoun (no shirt number as yet),McEachran (needs to get out of his comfort zone),Kakuta (a wasted talent,so far),Malouda and Oscar.Torres and Lukaku take up the central striker's role. I'm a bit disappointed that Piazon hasn't been drafted in yet.

There is a lot to look forward to,and we will have plenty of options,unlike Barcelona, we dol have a plan A B and even C. I like you Oldgit am a little concerned with the right-back position,i thought we could have made an approach for Micah Richards,could still happen,just have to wait and see.We also have the Athletico Madrid keeper (Courtois) might get a look at him in the Super Cup Final,if he is allowed to play against us.

Answer .uck all

wink.png

If i'm bitter about anything Keith its the terminal damage you club and Manchester City have done to the league with your spending power being used to but out the opposition at the negotiating stage and the longterm ramifications of this. Now get over yourself.

Answer .uck all

wink.png

If i'm bitter about anything Keith its the terminal damage you club and Manchester City have done to the league with your spending power being used to but out the opposition at the negotiating stage and the longterm ramifications of this. Now get over yourself.

Money has made a difference,i won,t deny that,but how many players did we buy since Roman turned up would you like to have seen playing in your lily white kit. Name em!

Answer .uck all

wink.png

Money has made a difference,i won,t deny that,but how many players did we buy since Roman turned up would you like to have seen playing in your lily white kit. Name em!

Have you been drinking?

Answer .uck all

wink.png

In the Forbes football rich list for 2012, Chelsea are 7th.with a revenue of $362 million.Well behind Man.Utd and Real Madrid who are 1st. and 2nd. respectively. Spurs are 11th. and Man. City are 13th.

Answer .uck all

wink.png

In the Forbes football rich list for 2012, Chelsea are 7th.with a revenue of $362 million.Well behind Man.Utd and Real Madrid who are 1st. and 2nd. respectively. Spurs are 11th. and Man. City are 13th.

This i know but what has this to do with the "salaries" you entice your players with? What has this to do with your good selves and City using your financial muscle to make it impossible for other teams to put together a financial package that could have anything in comparison to the one you put on the table?

i fully understand its just the way it is and it probably won't change as there will always be loopholes found in FFP, but i do find it irritating when the fans of these two clubs just can't admit that they are quite simply buying success, accept it, and move on. Im certainly not bitter and i note from the customary empty seats at Chelsea that many of your supporters would like the club back that they used to support. This is what a number have said to me anyway since the russian takeover.

Carmine! Have i been drinking? Mate you don,t half talk <deleted>. Just answer the question,since you think that money has bought us success,name the Chelsea players since 2000 that you would like to have seen at your gaff?.

I have been a fan since 1967 and followed Chelsea home and away from 74 to 86,my youngest daughter is named Kerry after Kerry Dixon. I have followed Chelsea through the bad times,when the only thing we could look forward to was hopefully a good Fa cup run.We couldn,t compete with the likes of your mob or the arse the mancs and scousers (theyv,e always had money) but now we can and i,m loving it. I don,t buy the players or pay there wages,but so long as those players give 100% every time they step on the pitch,they will have my support and i will defend them.

Carmine! Have i been drinking? Mate you don,t half talk <deleted>. Just answer the question,since you think that money has bought us success,name the Chelsea players since 2000 that you would like to have seen at your gaff?.

I have been a fan since 1967 and followed Chelsea home and away from 74 to 86,my youngest daughter is named Kerry after Kerry Dixon. I have followed Chelsea through the bad times,when the only thing we could look forward to was hopefully a good Fa cup run.We couldn,t compete with the likes of your mob or the arse the mancs and scousers (theyv,e always had money) but now we can and i,m loving it. I don,t buy the players or pay there wages,but so long as those players give 100% every time they step on the pitch,they will have my support and i will defend them.

Well Keith its the Chelsea thread and you can say what you please no matter and if you want to make posts on it saying your club is and has been buying success ever since Roman took over then fine but don't get irate when the rest of us laugh because its a ridiculous statement.

Now regarding you hilarious question.....theres loads of players you have bought that i'd love to have seen in a Spurs shirt...far to many to mention. Christ, theres four in your current squad let alone over the last 8 years.

Hazard Torres and Mata, and soon Oscar ofcourse joined you because you are a big club and not because of the wages you offer!!!! As usual you just jump in and offer money that no one else bar City can afford to give. Look at the money spent on Mourinho's team! BTW theres another five players i can immediately think of in his initial buys that i would have in a Spurs shirt. Remind me again, how much did you pay for a right back called Boswinga...16m plus wasn't it? Well done you must be very proud. laugh.png

Atleast Forest, another small club, did it without the cash mountain. Chelsea in a round about way have just bought it. Just enjoy the success but dont kid yourself that it would have happened without Roman

BTW, whats your captain on..140k p/w? Up until a couple of weeks ago our wage cap was 70k and most of the league is even less yer your club hands out wages like theres no tomorrow. rolleyes.gif

Edited by carmine

Well Keith its the Chelsea thread and you can say what you please no matter and if you want to make posts on it saying your club is and has been buying success ever since Roman took over then fine but don't get irate when the rest of us laugh because its a ridiculous statement.

Now regarding you hilarious question.....theres loads of players you have bought that i'd love to have seen in a Spurs shirt...far to many to mention. Christ, theres four in your current squad let alone over the last 8 years.

Hazard Torres and Mata, and soon Oscar ofcourse joined you because you are a big club and not because of the wages you offer!!!! As usual you just jump in and offer money that no one else bar City can afford to give. Look at the money spent on Mourinho's team! BTW theres another five players i can immediately think of in his initial buys that i would have in a Spurs shirt. Remind me again, how much did you pay for a right back called Boswinga...16m plus wasn't it? Well done you must be very proud. laugh.png

Atleast Forest, another small club, did it without the cash mountain. Chelsea in a round about way have just bought it. Just enjoy the success but dont kid yourself that it would have happened without Roman

BTW, whats your captain on..140k p/w? Up until a couple of weeks ago our wage cap was 70k and most of the league is even less yer your club hands out wages like theres no tomorrow. rolleyes.gif

When a top class player is courted by a club that has just won the Champions League and two Premier League championships into the bargain and another that has never won both,who's he going to choose? Not only that,but this player has got to see real ambition, in the club, and the realistic hope of future trophies for himself. In fact,Abramovich is the one reason why we are in existence because we would have been dead and buried if he hadn't taken over.I remember, at the time,that he was contemplating whether to buy into Spurs but chose us instead.There have always been the 'have and the have nots' in the old first division and now the Premier League and,before 2003,we were definitely the latter! Are you going to deny us our day in the sunshine? No need to answer that,Carms!

Success breeds success and the FFP scheme isn't going to change that. It will restrict the smaller clubs to cost cutting but,as far as we are concerned,we will increase our revenue with big sponsorship deals with Gazprom and Delta having just been signed.And that is due to our Champions League triumph which netted us 60 million euro. Add to that the 55 million pound for finishing 6th. in the Premier League and the FFP maximum debt figure of 45 million euro for two years accounting period 2011-2013 will be easily overcome.

Can't really see what your getting at 40.gif

Are you trying to say that with your money you hav'nt bought any decent players that we would want at Spurs I.e you have been successfull with average players, if that was the case did you not spend a lot of money on them average players ?

When a top class player is courted by a club that has just won the Champions League and two Premier League championships into the bargain and another that has never won both,who's he going to choose? Not only that,but this player has got to see real ambition, in the club, and the realistic hope of future trophies for himself. In fact,Abramovich is the one reason why we are in existence because we would have been dead and buried if he hadn't taken over.I remember, at the time,that he was contemplating whether to buy into Spurs but chose us instead.There have always been the 'have and the have nots' in the old first division and now the Premier League and,before 2003,we were definitely the latter! Are you going to deny us our day in the sunshine? No need to answer that,Carms!

Success breeds success and the FFP scheme isn't going to change that. It will restrict the smaller clubs to cost cutting but,as far as we are concerned,we will increase our revenue with big sponsorship deals with Gazprom and Delta having just been signed.And that is due to our Champions League triumph which netted us 60 million euro. Add to that the 55 million pound for finishing 6th. in the Premier League and the FFP maximum debt figure of 45 million euro for two years accounting period 2011-2013 will be easily overcome.

i think the point i am making is that you effectively bought those leagues with the ludicrous amounts of money on players and manager in the first place. Ofcourse certain top players would be more attracted to you after those titles and the league but it was only huge spending that won you the league titles and without his millions you would not. As for the three recent players i have mentioned there is no way on earth they would have moved to Chelseafc unless for the astronomical wages.

Sorry if this offends and if it helps i will add (as i am being honest about things) that they wouldn't join Spurs either for the same reasons. What i will concede is you deserved your CL win although i seem to remember correctly that in the past any detrimental decline in Chelsea performance was immediately halted by the chequebook. If you wish to maintain your success is down to anything else other than money then fine.

I also think your "are you going to deny us our day in the sunshine" is totally unfair. I've said fine, enjoy it while you can but then Keith steps in with a load of old tripe and it becomes irritating. Its not just about buying players it also about player retention. Don't forget Captain Fantastic would have been a City player if he didn't have his whacking great Chelsea salary and he can kiss the badge as much as he wants we all know thats true. How many clubs would/could pay a 13m release clause for a new manager then sack him after six months? need we go on!!

Edited by carmine

Are you trying to say that with your money you hav'nt bought any decent players that we would want at Spurs I.e you have been successfull with average players, if that was the case did you not spend a lot of money on them average players ?

We spent good money and some good players and wasted a lot of money on average players. Money alone did not win us 3 league title and 4 fa cups etc etc etc in the last 12 years. We qualified for the Champions league without money and with Luca Vialli at the helm.Our success has been on the cards for sometime and OUR owner puts his money where he,s mouth is. Your owner Joe lewis?,in your language dus nee smile.png

We spent good money and some good players and wasted a lot of money on average players. Money alone did not win us 3 league title and 4 fa cups etc etc etc in the last 12 years. We qualified for the Champions league without money and with Luca Vialli at the helm.Our success has been on the cards for sometime and OUR owner puts his money where he,s mouth is. Your owner Joe lewis?,in your language dus nee smile.png

1 Alfie is not a scot, he's from London Keith.

2 You success prior to Abramovich was limited to the FA cup, and there was NO SUGGESTION WHATSOEVER of you mixing it with Arsenal and Man Utd for the title or champions league honours so stop talking a load of cobblers

3 Your only true success came when you started paying out crazy money, to the levels of which had never been seen in English football before.

4 Joe Lewis lost over a billion quid in the collapse of Bear Stearns Bank. This loss has only recently been recouped and he is infact showing signs recently of being far more habds on. Regardless of that, what is a Chelsea fan doing questioninf a football club that is run financially correctly as opposed to the ever exploding clown that that is the little Chelsea FC.

5 How about responding to the post i made prior to this.

Edited by carmine

1 Alfie is not a scot, he's from London Keith.

2 You success prior to Abramovich was limited to the FA cup, and there was NO SUGGESTION WHATSOEVER of you mixing it with Arsenal and Man Utd for the title or champions league honours so stop talking a load of cobblers

3 Your only true success came when you started paying out crazy money, to the levels of which had never been seen in English football before.

4 Joe Lewis lost over a billion quid in the collapse of Bear Stearns Bank. This loss has only recently been recouped and he is infact showing signs recently of being far more habds on. Regardless of that, what is a Chelsea fan doing questioninf a football club that is run financially correctly as opposed to the ever exploding clown that that is the little Chelsea FC.

5 How about responding to the post i made prior to this.

Give it a rest Carmine, You just have to come to terms with the facts,that we are now a global club and top players and up and coming players want to play for Chelsea Fc.

You should show us a little bit of respect for what we have achieved in the last 20 years,but know you just gotta keep banging your little drum on how we have bought everything we have won. Shame on you.

Try and lighten up a little bit ( alfie conne was a jock)

Carmine== Chill out mate lifes to short.

I know what your problem is,like many of your mob you just can,t come to terms with the facts that little old Chelsea Fc are the dogs <deleted> and have lorded it over you for more than 20 years,if you wan,t to keep banging on thats it,s only money thats put us where we are then so be it.

Fact your ground will always be fondly known as 3 points lane. Get over it.

• Like 1

I know what your problem is,like many of your mob you just can,t come to terms with the facts that little old Chelsea Fc are the dogs <deleted> and have lorded it over you for more than 20 years,if you wan,t to keep banging on thats it,s only money thats put us where we are then so be it.

Well thats great because i can't even remember when you last won at ours.

You're not a big club,( big clubs tend to be able to fill their stadium laugh.png ) never will be and the only thing about your club thats spread globally is your owners money.

Mate, ive got no axe to grind about you're spending 2 a degree everyone does it, Or the fact that you finished above us for so many years. But what I personally NEVER EVER WANT and ide sooner sit mid table and ( not that we ever do any way) never win anything, than spurs to play the way you did against b/m You won but thats it, In the most iconic game,i felt you let football down it was just horrible and NOTHING to do with beautiful game that i like so much.,personally it was the worst, most negative display of football ive seen since greece won the eiuro's and probably many many years b4 that.

Edited by rijit

Mate, ive got no axe to grind about you're spending 2 a degree everyone does it, Or the fact that you finished above us for so many years. But what I personally NEVER EVER WANT and ide sooner sit mid table and ( not that we ever do any way) never win anything, than spurs to play the way you did against b/m You won but thats it, In the most iconic game,i felt you let football down it was just horrible and NOTHING to do with beautiful game that i like so much.,personally it was the worst, most negative display of football ive seen since greece won the eiuro's and probably many many years b4 that.

You're in a Champions League final against Bayern Munich at THEIR home ground. You've lost three of your best players,one of which is your captain,through suspension. Your two centre backs have been rushed back from injury,having not played for three weeks, because we haven't got anybody else. You've had to draft in a young lad,who's normally a left back and is making his debut in ANY Champions League game,into left sided midfield. After all that,you think we should have been straight at them and on the front foot? That would have been suicidal.

You didn't think that Bayern were ever going to sit back? In their eyes,we were there for the taking. You try to win a match with the tools at your disposal,especially if it's a major final and our tool bag was pretty empty for that match.

• Like 1

Perhaps i'm missing something here, but am i correct in saying that you have 13 quality international midfield players but only 5 quality international defenders !

You're correct with regard to our defence. We need a good right back to replace Bosingwa. I make it 13 international class midfield players including Oscar. Romeu,McEachran and Kakuta are going to find it difficult to break into the first team unless they grow wings and Malouda and Benayoun look like they may be seeking pastures new.That leaves 11 to fight for the defensive and attacking midfield/second striker roles.

This notion of buying the league is quite ridiculous in the sense that of course it is true to an extent. Man city are the big spenders now, Chelsea before that (and still), United before them (Rio for £30m in 2002, a defender <deleted>) and Liverpool before them - first team to break the 1m transfer i think. Notice any pattern? If you want to win you must spend, simple.

The only team to spend big without success is the Spuds.

Edited by mjj

I guess there is nothing inherently wrong with a club buying the league, it is simply a case of who has the most money wins. This has really always been the case but it was that in the past, the money was generally generated from 'internal resources' meaning the club's fan base and not one 'individual' wishing to raise his public profile.

I guess what is happening in England is nothing quite as sad as say France where PSG are 1 to 3 'on' to win League 1 this year. Their transfer spend is 10x their nearest competitor, their wage bill is over double their nearest competitor and they will lose more money than all the clubs put together. By their own forecasts, which are bound to be exceeded, they will lose Euro100m this year and Euro70m next year ploughing a tanker through FFP. They are not really interested in winning the French League in any case and have set a target of CL within 3 years. I guess they are not too bothered by FFP on the basis that the club is French and the owners QSI, have Platini's son as their in-house lawyer.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/

It is all fine and dandy I suppose - it just doesnt really have much to do with sport nor is it very sporting. Buying the PL, the French League or the CL will mean losing a lot of money but winning it gains you a certain amount of prestige. It is just a matter how 'desperately you need prestige' and how 'little money means to you to throw it away'. It is ultimately a game of trying to buy 'respectability'. From that perspective it is an interesting game.

Edited by Abrak