Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

First time in a long time i was relieved when the ref blew the final whistle.

Hangover performance for sure and amazing we are still in the cup!

Well done to Chelsea deserved the win really at the end but for our goalie,down to the bridge..........few!!!blink.png

1st half was the same old Chelsea, 2nd half was brilliant Chelsea. Mikel on for Lampard and Hazard for Moses before the hour mark changed the game.

Well done Chelsea.

And dare I say it......................

Well done Rafa, your subs made the impact. Keep it up.

1st half was the same old Chelsea, 2nd half was brilliant Chelsea. Mikel on for Lampard and Hazard for Moses before the hour mark changed the game.

Well done Chelsea.

And dare I say it......................

Well done Rafa, your subs made the impact. Keep it up.

What a comeback! THAT'S the type of football we should be playing. Even when we went 2-0 down,we were forcing the issue.Our closing down of the United players,when we didn't have the ball,was the best I've seen this season. Luiz was chancing his luck a few times with his anticipation in the tackle but his forays into the United half were great to see.Ramirez was magnificent and completely vindicated Benitez's decision to leave him at home for the Steaua Bucharest game.

Hah ha - you dont know what youre doing (Rafa) .... my @rsetongue.png

We will see,if he gets it right on Thursday and then on Sunday..........well he can park my car anytime he likeswhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Keith, tell me, do you not feel some of your players have let him down in a number of games with poor abject performances? I mean, put plainly its not just all about his decisions is it!!

It would be fair to say after last sundat that your travelling fans don't know what they are doing though wouldn't it.....that is ofcourse regardless of their divisive chanting earlier on about the manager. maybe Roman should ban away travellers in order to help the team?

We will see,if he gets it right on Thursday and then on Sunday..........well he can park my car anytime he likeswhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I agree,Mad Dog,that one swallow doesn't make a summer, and it will be just typical of our season that we put in a couple of abject performances, but there is no reason now that the players will have any excuses, after the way we played on Sunday. That was superb.

I agree,Mad Dog,that one swallow doesn't make a summer, and it will be just typical of our season that we put in a couple of abject performances, but there is no reason now that the players will have any excuses, after the way we played on Sunday. That was superb.

MJJ had to tell Keith to calm down a couple of days ago. Whats he going to be like if you drop out of the top four? Mad dog to rabid pitbullph34r.png

Keith, tell me, do you not feel some of your players have let him down in a number of games with poor abject performances? I mean, put plainly its not just all about his decisions is it!!

It would be fair to say after last sundat that your travelling fans don't know what they are doing though wouldn't it.....that is ofcourse regardless of their divisive chanting earlier on about the manager. maybe Roman should ban away travellers in order to help the team?

jon obi mikel appears to agree.

blues star says anger in the stands affects the team.

jon obi mikel appears to agree.

blues star says anger in the stands affects the team.

Well done to Mikel. Isn't it shocking that he's the only player to publicly back his manager. Utterly digraceful but what do you expect, as we all know who's behind it.

Yeah well done J.O.M. Better not take the Lambo down to training though, if the TLC trilogy* (was ever there was such a misnomer) are in session.

On second thoughts that nice mr car park attendant, the one who moonlights as a Spanish waiter, will probably take extra special care of your motor now.

[* I just invented that TLC phrase, and feel quite proud of it ... but Chicog will be along soon to prick that bubblerolleyes.gif ]

Yeah well done J.O.M. Better not take the Lambo down to training though, if the TLC trilogy* (was ever there was such a misnomer) are in session.

On second thoughts that nice mr car park attendant, the one who moonlights as a Spanish waiter, will probably take extra special care of your motor now.

[* I just invented that TLC phrase, and feel quite proud of it ... but Chicog will be along soon to prick that bubblerolleyes.gif ]

It is absoluting astonishing that as club captain with the best interests of the club at heart (i think he's a self serving numpty mindyou) he hasn't come out and publicly appealed tp the fans to back the manager. If he has i haven't heard it nad i'm also surprised he has not been told to do so by the club

It is absoluting astonishing that as club captain with the best interests of the club at heart (i think he's a self serving numpty mindyou) he hasn't come out and publicly appealed tp the fans to back the manager. If he has i haven't heard it nad i'm also surprised he has not been told to do so by the club

almost moved to city unless chelsea gave him a massive pay rise wasn't it? has successfully undermined several managers now, stole the limelight from the players who actually played in the european cup final while he was suspended for an act of crass stupidity, charged outsiders ten grand for an unapproved tour of the cobham training ground etc, etc. . . .yeah he's mister chelsea alright.

almost moved to city unless chelsea gave him a massive pay rise wasn't it? has successfully undermined several managers now, stole the limelight from the players who actually played in the european cup final while he was suspended for an act of crass stupidity, charged outsiders ten grand for an unapproved tour of the cobham training ground etc, etc. . . .yeah he's mister chelsea alright.

But thats the funny thing isn't it. He was off to City unless he was given his wage increase and yet and nearly all chelsea fans i know have just conveniently forgotten this and still refer to him as "chelsea through and through. He apparently lives and breathes chelsea!" Captain leader legend.

Bloody 'ell! Doesn't take much for you to start slating Terry again.

When he speaks out he gets accused of speaking out of turn, we he doesn't, he is wrong also.

Rafa has had his rant at the bad eggs and now so has Mikel. The boo boys will carry on regardless if they want to, doesn't matter who tells them to stop. Maybe, just maybe all this division in the club is just media garbage??

He never 'almost moved to city'.

He was earning £130k at Chelsea and was offered £200k at city which is still more than he gets now. At the time he made a public statement saying he would like to finish his career at Chelsea. Isn't this the kind of attitude you all say doesn't exist at 'mercenary chelsea' ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/5797852/John-Terry-tempted-by-Manchester-City-riches.html

Bloody 'ell! Doesn't take much for you to start slating Terry again.

When he speaks out he gets accused of speaking out of turn, we he doesn't, he is wrong also.

Rafa has had his rant at the bad eggs and now so has Mikel. The boo boys will carry on regardless if they want to, doesn't matter who tells them to stop. Maybe, just maybe all this division in the club is just media garbage??

Honestly MJJ the fact that its Terry is irrelevent. Surely you agree that this is a perfect example of the club captain standing up and backing his manager. his silence in the matter is deafening. But then again, if he was to say anything supportive now it would be pitifully late anyway. Obi Mikel has gone up in my estimations and makes Terry look even worse

Edited by carmine

So it's lose lose for Terry again. Surprise, surprise.

The Evening Standard spoke to Mikel. Did he call them up? No. Has anyone interviewed Terry on the matter? No.

If Terry did hold a press conference to support Rafa would it be scene as a good thing. Probably not. Do you really think the boo boys would stop? I don't. Maybe it's better to let it run its course, more and more fans are getting tired of it.

So it's lose lose for Terry again. Surprise, surprise.

The Evening Standard spoke to Mikel. Did he call them up? No. Has anyone interviewed Terry on the matter? No.

If Terry did hold a press conference to support Rafa would it be scene as a good thing. Probably not. Do you really think the boo boys would stop? I don't. Maybe it's better to let it run its course, more and more fans are getting tired of it.

yes mate i do think it would have been a good thing and it would also have gone a long way to putting down the boo boys. It was never a lose lose situation it was always a case of him doing the correct and decent thing in his capacity as club captain. The manager is afterall the appointed choice of the club.

Terry creates a rod for his own back and nearly all the criticism brought on him is his own doing

Edited by carmine

Terry was vilified for his sending off against Barca for a pathetically weak foul on the Barca player. Does Rio get the same treatment for his coming together with Torres? No, nothing at all. Terry gets slated for being in his kit for the final celebratory photos and gets abuse even though it was a UEFA directive.

No Terry doesn't deserve all the grief he gets. I'm not making him out to be a saint, but the press he gets is not balanced.

A couple of posts above I ask does he get praise for sticking by Chelsea when he was offered a contract making him the highest paid footballer in the prem. All this page has been about is how Mr Chelsea isn't Mr Chelsea.

So Carmine, Mr Chelsea stuck by his club. What good reason has Bale got for leaving if he does?

Terry was vilified for his sending off against Barca for a pathetically weak foul on the Barca player. Does Rio get the same treatment for his coming together with Torres? No, nothing at all. Terry gets slated for being in his kit for the final celebratory photos and gets abuse even though it was a UEFA directive.

No Terry doesn't deserve all the grief he gets. I'm not making him out to be a saint, but the press he gets is not balanced.

A couple of posts above I ask does he get praise for sticking by Chelsea when he was offered a contract making him the highest paid footballer in the prem. All this page has been about is how Mr Chelsea isn't Mr Chelsea.

So Carmine, Mr Chelsea stuck by his club. What good reason has Bale got for leaving if he does?

was it a uefa directive that he had to run around with the cup aloft as though he'd just put in a herculean performance to win the match?

Yes Carmine some of the players have let him down,but interim manager part time manager,the buck stops with him and his team selections and substituons and team shape and formation since the turn of this year has been all over the place, and he can definately be accussed of not knowing what he was doing Swansea both legs - Home- lets play 2 holding dm,s against a side that doesn,t even play 1 up front <deleted>--away-- 2 down lets play 2 wingers Torres and Ba side by side 3 defenders and go for it--Rafa- lets not, lets just see what happens crazy.gif Reading lets hold on to a 2 nil lead and watch the now departed Reading manager make 2 game changing subs while i suck another sweet and do .uck all, same same home to Southampton,but before all that lets make 5 changes from the team that have just won 4 games on the trot Leeds (A) Villa (h) Norwich (A) Everton (A) for that top of the table clash with.................. QPR

Now the blokes a ..ucking genious for making 2 subs and 38 minutes of total domination My arse,and to cap it all everyone is now singing Obi Mikels praises for havin a pop at the fans..what a bloody hippocrite, he was one who didn,t do a tap for AVb and just like A.Cole goes from one season to another on bloody good money without hardly ever breaking sweat. Mikel had 38 good minutes try doing it for 90 without ball watching and not seeing what is going on left right and behind you,after all mate you have a nice new 5 year deal. The fans can sing what they like agee or not agree they pay there money.

As for some of the players.ive got more passion in my little finger for Chelsea,than some of those over paid selfish prima donna,s some of whose biggest decision,s will be.be....how shall i have my hair done. ...wank-ers

• Like 1

was it a uefa directive that he had to run around with the cup aloft as though he'd just put in a herculean performance to win the match?

You can interpret his actions how you like. It could have been that he was just deliriously happy for the club,players and supporters.

You can interpret his actions how you like. It could have been that he was just deliriously happy for the club,players and supporters.

Don't see why being deliriously happy compelled him to act in the way he did. Other ways to express happiness exist, don't they?

Don't see why being deliriously happy compelled him to act in the way he did. Other ways to express happiness exist, don't they?

There undoubtedly are,but some people are more reserved than others. Maybe what happened in the penalty shoot out in the 2008 Final had something to do with his celebrations and the fact that he is club captain.Anyway,I didn't see Abramovich pulling rank by telling him to stand away while the cup was lifted. To be candid,if Rio Ferdinand had found himself in the same position as Terry, I couldn't have cared one iota if he had stayed in the dug out,raced to the presentation in his kit or run stark b***ock naked around the pitch slobbering all over the place,

Just as one entertains the thought 'ooh perhaps this is the turning point for Torres' (personally I'd like the guy to redicover himself as he was such a joy to watch in his anfield heyday) the tool goes and blasts a penalty on top of the bar with the goalie diving early. There is no hope for him; please send him somewhere warm and friendly to retore peacefully.