Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

"Was he right to put Lukaku out on loan again baring in mind the rather erratic performances of the other strikers? Clearly a poor decision. Lukaku had already proved he could perform at this level in lesser teams being given lesser service."

To be fair Carms, a lot of trickies aren't too enamoured with Lukaku either. They have him marked as a lazy git who disappears in matches.That might be why Maureen doesn't rate him highly.wai.gif

Lukaku's price tag of £20m of so is not indicative of his ability but his potential. He is not good enough for Chelsea yet. I still can't forget his terrible performance against Bayern in the Super Cup. Truly awful and lazy.

At the moment I would pick Eto ahead of him so he has some way to go.

I think we already have a striker lined up and close to a done deal and it is probably Costa.

You've lost me here. Have you seen his performances this season? If so how can you possibly say he's not good enough for Chelsea's squad!! thats just nonsense i'm afraid.

However in the squad being the word as i agree, i too would start with Eto. Jose of course chose to keep Torres and Ba right?

Carmine I'm talking about as the first choice striker, not a squad player. Lukaku doesn't want to be a squad player either - that's why he wanted to go on loan.

As for Torres and Ba, there were no offers for them except an Arsenal loan deal for Ba.

Did Mourinho show/give any sign of intent to move on either Ba or Torres?

As far as Lukaku goes, everyones a squad player, and neither he or any other player in the premier league is guaranteed to play every game because they are all liable to rotation. Lukaku knows this, he just wants game time like everyone else, and don't forget theres a world cup approaching. Aside of the obvious fact he is easily good enough to lead the line for Chelsea when asked, he would have been an invaluable asset to Chelsea this season as you began a campaign in four competitions.

I can't understand your defense of Mourinho on this. Its obviously been a mistake, even though he'll go for any possible excuse to deflect the blame elsewhere.

Because Lukaku wanted to go on loan. It's a World Cup year and Lukaku wanted to be playing as much as possible and playing for Everton is as close as a guaranteed start as is possible.

Chelsea are not Spurs. We do not force people to stay.

Would he have been a good asset? Of course, although I will disagree he is good enough to be number 1 striker for Chelsea. So are Torres, Ba and Eto though. With the attacking talent in midfield and defense, a Chelsea striker should be getting at least 20 epl goals a year.

Torres was impossible to sell and Ba could have gone to Arsenal if they had bought him, but they only wanted a loan.

• Like 1

Good performance last night. Willian was fantastic in the number 10 role and Salah looked dangerous all match. It's a pity we can't play with Salah and Matic against PSG as they would both give us something extra.

With Oscar's dip in form I would like to see him truly rested and Willian taking the duties for a while. Or maybe Oscar playing on the wing opposite Hazard like he did last season.

Should Frank be given a contract extension?? I'm torn on this. Letting a great servant leave is always difficult but he isn't an automatic starter anymore.

• Like 1

Lukaku insists it was his choice to go on loan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10420788/Romelu-Lukaku-says-the-decision-to-leave-Chelsea-for-a-loan-spell-at-Everton-was-his.html

Yeah, I know. It's a big conspiracy to protect Jose..........

I wasn't aware that players chose to go on loan. I thought they were under contract and went where they were sent.

No, no conspiracy just very remiss of Jose to loan him out that all.

btw, referring to an earlier statement you made i did say that Lukaku was good enough to lead the line "when asked". Bit of a difference to saying he is good enough to be first choice.

You only have to listen to the further whining from Wenger, (does he ever stop!) with regards to the loan system and the impact on loan Lukaku has made at Everton, to know Wenger doesn't want Lukaku unleaded on his defense. says it all really. And of course the fact that Everton could well make top four.

• Like 1

Because Lukaku wanted to go on loan. It's a World Cup year and Lukaku wanted to be playing as much as possible and playing for Everton is as close as a guaranteed start as is possible.

Would he have been a good asset? Of course, although I will disagree he is good enough to be number 1 striker for Chelsea. So are Torres, Ba and Eto though. With the attacking talent in midfield and defense, a Chelsea striker should be getting at least 20 epl goals a year.

Torres was impossible to sell and Ba could have gone to Arsenal if they had bought him, but they only wanted a loan.

Unnecessary comment about Spurs forcing players to stay!

No team can force a player to stay these days. They just go on strike. You might remember when Chelsea deliberately tapped up Modric a few years ago. Well, due to your underhand, odious and illegal tapping up Levy dug his heels in and Modric was made to "honor" his contract for a further year.

Ofcourse we don't make it easy for players to walk away because we want and need to get the best possible deal for the club, again unlike your goodselves that seem happy to hemorrhage money like its gone out of fashion but i can't talk about money because Keith's rather sensitive when shedloads of dosh and Chelski are mentioned in the same sentence.

Aside of that, doesn't happen.

And Fernando Torres was not impossible to sell. Mourinho chose not to sell him.

Edited by carmine

No team can force a player to stay these days. They just go on strike. You might remember when Chelsea deliberately tapped up Modric a few years ago. Well, due to your underhand, odious and illegal tapping up Levy dug his heels in and Modric was made to "honor" his contract for a further year.

Ofcourse we don't make it easy for players to walk away because we want and need to get the best possible deal for the club, again unlike your goodselves that seem happy to hemorrhage money like its gone out of fashion but i can't talk about money because Keith's rather sensitive when shedloads of dosh and Chelski are mentioned in the same sentence.

After hearing John Henry's recent comments I'd say Suarez was forced to say at Liverpool, as in he didn't really have a choice.

The 'Special One and his Strikers' story has been done to death imho.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Mourinho wants a player of the quality of Costa or somebody like that.

OK, maybe Lukaku was a mistake this season.

If Lukaku had stayed, Mourinho would probably still be looking to sign someone like Costa.

After hearing John Henry's recent comments I'd say Suarez was forced to say at Liverpool, as in he didn't really have a choice.

I don't believe he was forced. I think he chose to stay for a season and see what happens. He'd become a racist cannibal too which wasn't good from either his or Liverpool's perspective. Madrid had made their marquee signing, Barca theirs. Bayern not in the market. Good move for Suarez to stay and has been proven and i think Liverpool's perseverance with him warrants him extending his contract.

Ofcourse if Arsenal had not put in such a derisory offer who knows what would have happened but i think baseball loving John Henry would have been very tested

Who would stump up his £170k wages?? Who would want him? Would he want them?

Well that Chelsea's own stupid fault. It started when you paid that ridiculous sum of 50m.

...back in 2011.

Ancellotti was manager.

History.

Gone.

I don't believe he was forced. I think he chose to stay for a season and see what happens. He'd become a racist cannibal too which wasn't good from either his or Liverpool's perspective. Madrid had made their marquee signing, Barca theirs. Bayern not in the market. Good move for Suarez to stay and has been proven and i think Liverpool's perseverance with him warrants him extending his contract.

Ofcourse if Arsenal had not put in such a derisory offer who knows what would have happened but i think baseball loving John Henry would have been very tested

"become a racist cannibal" biggrin.png love it.

Why don't you rise to my spuds thread taunts we could have a laugh. Which btw are all a direct result of Alfie pre and early season sneers and derision and will continue until season close thumbsup.gif

Well!

How are we feeling about tonight's game.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26931434

Mikel available, Eto'o looking OK to play, Ramires still suspended.

Shame we can't play Salah and Matic.

Ibrahimovich not playing apparently.

Can we do it?

Yeah no probs...... Our compact stadium full to the rafters...small pitch........2 nil up inside 20 minutes.....they wont know whats hit em! Get in there! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Right.

Here's the deal Bob.

You can have the EPL, we'll take the CL.

OK?

Next season we can come to another arrangement.

thumbsup.gif

Never mind Manchester, just shoot down the M6 like.

As they say down south Lovely Chubbily? thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Squad looks OK.

Not sure about the refs name though.

smile.png

Chelsea
  • 01 Cech
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 08 Lampard
  • 24 Cahill
  • 26 Terry
  • 22 Willian
  • 04 David Luiz
  • 29 Eto'o
  • 11 Oscar
  • 17 Hazard
Substitutes
  • 03 Cole
  • 09 Torres
  • 12 Mikel
  • 14 Schürrle
  • 19 Ba
  • 23 Schwarzer
  • 33 Kalas
Paris St-Germain
  • 30 Sirigu
  • 26 Jallet
  • 17 Maxwell
  • 08 Motta
  • 13 Alex
  • 02 Thiago Silva
  • 24 Verratti
  • 14 Matuidi
  • 09 Cavani
  • 29 Lucas Moura
  • 22 Lavezzi
Substitutes
  • 01 Douchez
  • 04 Cabaye
  • 05 Marquinhos
  • 07 Menez
  • 21 Digne
  • 23 Van der Wiel
  • 27 Pastore
Ref: Pedro Proença

w00t.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

• They said there was no way Liverpool could come back from 3-0 down against the mighty AC Milan...

_74115046_gerrard.jpg

They said Chelsea had very little chance of overturning a 3-1 last-16 deficit against Napoli before going on to win the Champions League by beating Bayern Munich in their backyard.

_74115048_dimatteo.jpg

But they did!