Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

If we do the double over the pool as we did over City, Chelsea do deserve the title.

Nah mjj. The team with the most points after 38 games deserve the title. Simple as.

Bias aside MrB, with regard to equal points and in falling to goal difference, do you think this system is better than the Spanish one of head to head results? If City or Liverpool beat us on points, fair enough, but GD will leave me a tiny bit peeved tbh. Alternatively should there be another head to head at Wembley with a winner takes all?

Totally agree mjj. In the event of equal points I think the head-to-heads should come into play. TBH I don't know why they don't and the FA opted for GD instead.

I like the GD because it encourages clubs to...well some clubs, to play attacking football. Probably only a small point in favor of GD but I do like it.

correct, it's simply to encourage attacking football rather than the negative, functional dirge that mourinho serves up.

• Like 1

Manny P It would be very disappointing if either of the two teams who scored the most goals dont win the league. For football, for the fans, for everyone it would be disappointing. I think that the most attractive football, the more goals you can score, should be rewarded. Im not saying its not important to defend very well because, of course, football is about attacking and defending. But big teams must play as big teams.

Nah, it just proves Liverpool and City are flat track bullies. :-)

If we do the double over the pool as we did over City, Chelsea do deserve the title.

attractive, emotional bullies!

Just like City's win against us at the Etihad we were robbed at the Bridge, time for the swing to roundabout.

I actually think Chelsea might be a tougher match than City. Jose did manage to nullify City at the Etihad. If there is anything Jose can do it is kill an attacking team off then spring a surprise attack and p1ss off with glory.

Bobby Bobby Bobby......robbed of what at the Bridge..........we gifted you a goal within the opening 4 minutes if i remember correctly and then it was just one-way traffic. biggrin.png

Admittedly Chelsea played some attractive football for a change that day, but you can dance a merry jig all day we deserved at least a draw based on the fact the <deleted> <deleted> bastard shit <deleted> <deleted> Webb should have awarded a penalty against Eto-o-o on the godlike genius and should have also sent the filthy bastard off for trying to end Henderson's career. I <deleted> hate that <deleted> biggrin.png

I like the GD because it encourages clubs to...well some clubs, to play attacking football. Probably only a small point in favor of GD but I do like it.

correct, it's simply to encourage attacking football rather than the negative, functional dirge that mourinho serves up.

Not really though is it. Chelsea's goal scoring is only behind City and Liverpool. Aguero/Dzecko/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge vs Torres/Ba/Eto'o.

A lot of what's written about Chelsea's style is cods wallop. Defend and counter. Really? Most games I see Chelsea are mostly in the oppositions third passing it around like dummies rather than shooting.

Edited by mjj

Not really though is it. Chelsea's goal scoring is only behind City and Liverpool. Aguero/Dzecko/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge vs Torres/Ba/Eto'o.

A lot of what's written about Chelsea's style is cods wallop. Defend and counter. Really? Most games I see Chelsea are mostly in the oppositions third passing it around like dummies rather than shooting.

SAS have scored more goals than your three have had shots this season. I bet they're all sold in the summer, bag o' <deleted> :)

I'm actually more confident of Chelsea beating Liverpool than I am of any of the other games left. Our record against the top teams is very good. Sunderland on the other hand...........

If you can survive the first 20 minutes at Anfield you might be in with a shout thumbsup.gif

Sunderland was very frustrating for us the other week and I expect Palace is going to be the same for us

Palace are on 37 points now so are safe. I wouldn't be surprised if their performances drop off now. We've got to get out of this away 'trough' we're in, as we haven't put in a decent display away for ages. That win at Swansea was vital for us, if not to lift our confidence for bigger games to come.

Well I hope Palace do drop off but that Pullis has sent us packing before and with the pressure off his team?....I hope his lads are thinking about their all inclusive in Benidorm coming up.

We'll be greasing up that "trough" nice and good wink.png

Mourinho is an absolute tool.

I hope so to Bob. Costa, Lukaku and maybe one of the current lot...................just not Torres. :-)

I wonder how much Costa will cost (not intended) He would fit in very well with Jose, would not want that transfer to happen

If the last 20 minutes of the Swansea match are any indication they looked like a horde of Parkinson's patients shooting at moving ducks at a carnival.

• Like 2

I hope so to Bob. Costa, Lukaku and maybe one of the current lot...................just not Torres. :-)

I wonder how much Costa will cost (not intended) He would fit in very well with Jose, would not want that transfer to happen

Looking in to my crystal ball I predict, Courtois to sign an extension with Chelsea on the proviso that he goes on loan to Leti again (final loan) which with be linked to Costa being sold to Chelsea. And hopefully Torres going also.

I'm fearful of that as well Bob. Costa seems the perfect choice for them.

Looking in to my crystal ball I predict, Courtois to sign an extension with Chelsea on the proviso that he goes on loan to Leti again (final loan) which with be linked to Costa being sold to Chelsea. And hopefully Torres going also.

Inter reportedly confirming interest in Torres. I guess the new Indonesian owner wants to start off with a "Galactico" like signing. Astounding.blink.png

You could offer Torres to Athletico as a gift wink.png

You could offer Torres to Athletico as a gift wink.png

They could also offer Mourinho to Athletico in exchange for Diego Simeonebiggrin.png

You'd have to question Simeone if he let him go.

He might not have a choice if Abramovich is intent on buying Costa. He'll make an offer that they will have to accept. Bit like the Torres transfer. wink.png

He might not have a choice if Abramovich is intent on buying Costa. He'll make an offer that they will have to accept. Bit like the Torres transfer. wink.png

Well it's a bit different than the Torres saga, that <deleted> put a transfer request in otherwise he would not have been sold to be replaced by a Geordie cart horse. w00t.gif

I was reading a couple weeks back Simeone doesn't think he necessarily needs Costa and obviously Atletico could do with the cash. Reckon £40-45M if no one else with deep pockets is in for him

Edited by BangrakBob

Maybe Atletico's CL dosh could help prevent the transfer of Costa...but somehow I doubt it.

atleti will just find another one. they had torres, replaced him with aguero. aguero moved, they suddenly had radamel falcao. falcao chased the money in monaco, diego costa emerges.

Did you buy that from jack ?

Maybe Atletico's CL dosh could help prevent the transfer of Costa...but somehow I doubt it.

atleti will just find another one. they had torres, replaced him with aguero. aguero moved, they suddenly had radamel falcao. falcao chased the money in monaco, diego costa emerges.

Which is why it annoys me when we go for the bleeding obvious all the time. Why can't we dig up a gem that nobody's heard about? What do these 'scouts' do with there time? Probably look at the poxy internet for what good they are.

Which is why it annoys me when we go for the bleeding obvious all the time. Why can't we dig up a gem that nobody's heard about? What do these 'scouts' do with there time? Probably look at the poxy internet for what good they are.

you do do it, you just don't play them in the first team. 'cos that's exactly what lukaku was.

i think it comes from the top to be honest. abramovich is a mad megalomaniac and egomaniac and isn't happy unless he's watching 'BIG NAMES' that his (well, not his really but you know) money has paid top whack for.

you do do it, you just don't play them in the first team. 'cos that's exactly what lukaku was.

i think it comes from the top to be honest. abramovich is a mad megalomaniac and egomaniac and isn't happy unless he's watching 'BIG NAMES' that his (well, not his really but you know) money has paid top whack for.

If he is what you say he is,then the Torres episode may have tempered his urge somewhat.

If he is what you say he is,then the Torres episode may have tempered his urge somewhat.

but it'll still be diego costa or falcao in the summer won't it?

Surely Chelsea will use Courtois as a carrot to land Costa. Allow another season on loan and pay top dollar for the striker. Althletico know Costa will eventually go so why not take the big bucks and keep the keeper for another year?

Probably,but I just wish for once that we sign someone with potential rather than the up-in-lights,marquee cobblers purchase that has realised his worth with another club. Granted Lukaku was one but he went and spoiled it by going head to head with Mourinho. Suarez is a prime example that the football rainbow doesn't end in La Liga all the time.

Probably,but I just wish for once that we sign someone with potential rather than the up-in-lights,marquee cobblers purchase that has realised his worth with another club. Granted Lukaku was one but he went and spoiled it by going head to head with Mourinho. Suarez is a prime example that the football rainbow doesn't end in La Liga all the time.

so is eden hazard, albeit he cost a packet and was tipped as the next big european thing. was still pretty much what you'd call 'unproven' though, at the very top level at least.

but then you could say the same about lukaku, de bruyne, kakuta, piazon etc. matic is a superb player but chelsea didn't trust him first go round and ended up paying through the nose to get him back.