Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Surely Chelsea will use Courtois as a carrot to land Costa. Allow another season on loan and pay top dollar for the striker. Althletico know Costa will eventually go so why not take the big bucks and keep the keeper for another year?

Why we would want to do that is beyond me. Courtois has spent enough time away from the club and should be ordered to return to fight for his place. After the summer,the World Cup will be out of the way so it won't be used as an excuse for players to get 'game time' elsewhere. Diego Costa can stay where he is for all I care. His team are in the semi final of the Champions League and will also be in it next year. His only motivation to move will be wages which is probably about right for him since he renounced his citizenship of his country of birth to play for Spain. Nice bloke.

• Like 1

Which is why it annoys me when we go for the bleeding obvious all the time. Why can't we dig up a gem that nobody's heard about? What do these 'scouts' do with there time? Probably look at the poxy internet for what good they are.

you do do it, you just don't play them in the first team. 'cos that's exactly what lukaku was.

i think it comes from the top to be honest. abramovich is a mad megalomaniac and egomaniac and isn't happy unless he's watching 'BIG NAMES' that his (well, not his really but you know) money has paid top whack for.

If he is what you say he is,then the Torres episode may have tempered his urge somewhat.

but it'll still be diego costa or falcao in the summer won't it?

Lovely Jubbly.

World Cup might throw up some new names though.

If Chelsea can afford them.

biggrin.png

I like the GD because it encourages clubs to...well some clubs, to play attacking football. Probably only a small point in favor of GD but I do like it.

correct, it's simply to encourage attacking football rather than the negative, functional dirge that mourinho serves up.

Not really though is it. Chelsea's goal scoring is only behind City and Liverpool. Aguero/Dzecko/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge vs Torres/Ba/Eto'o.

A lot of what's written about Chelsea's style is cods wallop. Defend and counter. Really? Most games I see Chelsea are mostly in the oppositions third passing it around like dummies rather than shooting.

Mourinho is an absolute tool.

A bit like Simeone then.

ATM third on goal diff. Bit like the top 3 in the EPL.

1 Atlético Madrid 33 50 82 2 Real Madrid 33 62 79 3 Barcelona 33 65 78

If he is what you say he is,then the Torres episode may have tempered his urge somewhat.

Probably,but I just wish for once that we sign someone with potential rather than the up-in-lights,marquee cobblers purchase that has realised his worth with another club. Granted Lukaku was one but he went and spoiled it by going head to head with Mourinho. Suarez is a prime example that the football rainbow doesn't end in La Liga all the time.

so is eden hazard, albeit he cost a packet and was tipped as the next big european thing. was still pretty much what you'd call 'unproven' though, at the very top level at least.

but then you could say the same about lukaku, de bruyne, kakuta, piazon etc. matic is a superb player but chelsea didn't trust him first go round and ended up paying through the nose to get him back.

All players with potential there,Stevie,but some lacked the mental toughness to hack it the Premier League. It might not be the most technically gifted League in the world but it's definitely the most demanding.

Which is what it boils down to. You're good enough but are you up to it mentally to tough it out. Piazon joined the club pretty early and came through our youth system. He started off superbly for Vitesse but his season has tailed off and the goals have dried up . Enter another Chelsea loanee kid called Bertrand Traore to take up the goalscoring duties. 2 from 2 games including one against Ajax. But both are not really, what you would call. out-and-out strikers. My point is,we have the jewels in our locker but we don't give them the time to mature physically and mentally, i.e. Matic.

you do do it, you just don't play them in the first team. 'cos that's exactly what lukaku was.

i think it comes from the top to be honest. abramovich is a mad megalomaniac and egomaniac and isn't happy unless he's watching 'BIG NAMES' that his (well, not his really but you know) money has paid top whack for.

Lovely Jubbly.

World Cup might throw up some new names though.

If Chelsea can afford them.

biggrin.png

The World Cup is one barometer I wouldn't use for potential purchases. It's notorious for throwing up so called 'superstars' that turn out to be anything but.

Just like City's win against us at the Etihad we were robbed at the Bridge, time for the swing to roundabout.

I actually think Chelsea might be a tougher match than City. Jose did manage to nullify City at the Etihad. If there is anything Jose can do it is kill an attacking team off then spring a surprise attack and p1ss off with glory.

Bobby Bobby Bobby......robbed of what at the Bridge..........we gifted you a goal within the opening 4 minutes if i remember correctly and then it was just one-way traffic. biggrin.png

Admittedly Chelsea played some attractive football for a change that day, but you can dance a merry jig all day we deserved at least a draw based on the fact the <deleted> <deleted> bastard shit <deleted> <deleted> Webb should have awarded a penalty against Eto-o-o on the godlike genius and should have also sent the filthy bastard off for trying to end Henderson's career. I <deleted> hate that <deleted> biggrin.png

Award a penalty...........for what.....stopping a goal scoreing opportunity..cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .. when the ball wasn,t even in the the box......r u radio rental..............specsavers for you mate

• Like 1

Just like City's win against us at the Etihad we were robbed at the Bridge, time for the swing to roundabout.

I actually think Chelsea might be a tougher match than City. Jose did manage to nullify City at the Etihad. If there is anything Jose can do it is kill an attacking team off then spring a surprise attack and p1ss off with glory.

Bobby Bobby Bobby......robbed of what at the Bridge..........we gifted you a goal within the opening 4 minutes if i remember correctly and then it was just one-way traffic. biggrin.png

Admittedly Chelsea played some attractive football for a change that day, but you can dance a merry jig all day we deserved at least a draw based on the fact the <deleted> <deleted> bastard shit <deleted> <deleted> Webb should have awarded a penalty against Eto-o-o on the godlike genius and should have also sent the filthy bastard off for trying to end Henderson's career. I <deleted> hate that <deleted> biggrin.png

Award a penalty...........for what.....stopping a goal scoreing opportunity..cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .. when the ball wasn,t even in the the box......r u radio rental..............specsavers for you mate

He took him out, plenty of foul's given for doing so and red cards for that matter Keith

I've just got myself a great pair of readers and judging by this clip they work fine.

yep that was definitely in the box, I've got some discount vouchers you can have to get your eye sorted if you can't see it wink.png

• Like 2

He took him out, plenty of foul's given for doing so and red cards for that matter Keith

I've just got myself a great pair of readers and judging by this clip they work fine.

yep that was definitely in the box, I've got some discount vouchers you can have to get your eye sorted if you can't see it wink.png

He didn,t have the ball........... and the ball....you know that thing that,s supposed to go in the back of the net..wasn,t even in the the penalty box when old man Eto hacked down the Hannibal the Cannibal.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

Yeah............ (.Hacked Down)....i thought you would like that. " Always the victim, it,s never your fault"

classy one there keith. particularly after the weekend just gone. well done man.

We have to assume you do understand the connotations of that quoted statement keith, and if you do then you're a <deleted>.

• Like 1