Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

The Guardian concludes Abramovich's career as follows:[15]

“ By 1996, at the age of 30, Abramovich had become so rich and politically well-connected that he had become close to President Boris Yeltsin, and had moved into an apartment in the Kremlin at the invitation of the Yeltsin family. In 1999, and now a tycoon, Abramovich was elected governor of Russia's remote, far eastern province of Chukotka, and has since lavished £112 million (€132 million) on charity to rebuild the impoverished region. The identikit image being pieced together for us was of a self-made man who was not only powerful and wealthy, but acutely aware of those who had done less well in the tumultuous 1990s, when the Soviet Union fell.

Lovely Jubbly.

sorry I'm missing the point of your reference?

“ By 1996, at the age of 30, Abramovich had become so rich and politically well-connected that he had become close to President Boris Yeltsin, and had moved into an apartment in the Kremlin at the invitation of the Yeltsin family. In 1999, and now a tycoon, Abramovich was elected governor of Russia's remote, far eastern province of Chukotka, and has since lavished £112 million (€132 million) on charity to rebuild the impoverished region. The identikit image being pieced together for us was of a self-made man who was not only powerful and wealthy, but acutely aware of those who had done less well in the tumultuous 1990s, when the Soviet Union fell.

Lovely Jubbly.

I thought it was blindingly obvious Bob.

Last sentence suggests he is aware of other people's less fortunate circumstances.

So, a bit more like Robin Hood and nothing like Margaret Thatcher.

He is Russia's biggest donator to charity.

Lovely Jubbly.

I thought it was blindingly obvious Bob.

Last sentence suggests he is aware of other people's less fortunate circumstances.

So, a bit more like Robin Hood and nothing like Margaret Thatcher.

He is Russia's biggest donator to charity.

Robin Hood would infer stealing from the rich, when he actually stole from the poor. Did you miss the actual point of acquiring one of Russia's biggest state assets unlawfully. i.e. bribing Yeltsin with a suitcase full of money. He admitted bribing politicians and paying organised crime for protection in court!!

The guy even had a democratic election overturned.

He stole his business partners shares in Sibneft

He bankrupted the district he governed.

Nothing any of you say that he did good will change the fact he is a a thieving, corrupt oligarch. Giving to charity and supporting community with ill gotten wealth is a common trait amongst criminals.

For sure he is not the only club owner to be dodgy, but to paint him as good citizen of planet takes the pish

• Like 2

Yet Wik says he has donated over 2.5 billion dollars to schools and infrastructure to Chukhotka. Living standards have improved and the region has attracted more investment and has the 5th highest birth rate in Russia.

He is also the single largest Russian charity donator.

Wiki? and so that makes it okay?

Well you 'liked' Sparkles input from Wikipedia .Make up your mind.

Yet Wik says he has donated over 2.5 billion dollars to schools and infrastructure to Chukhotka. Living standards have improved and the region has attracted more investment and has the 5th highest birth rate in Russia.

....and wiki uses Bloomberg for those facts. Is that ok?

• Like 1

whistling.gif

• Like 1

If Chelsea were bottom of the Championship instead of fighting for the EPL, nobody would be giving a monkey's toss about Abramovich.

Least of all the crusaders for social justice on Merseyside.

Knock Mourinho for whatever.

Knock Abramovich for his wealth.

Anybody from Chelsea knocking Rodgers and Henry?

No. Liverpool good. Chelsea bad.

• Like 1

whistling.gif

clap2.gif Stick to your story Bob. <deleted> 'em.tongue.png

• Like 1

If Chelsea were bottom of the Championship instead of fighting for the EPL, nobody would be giving a monkey's toss about Abramovich.

Well you made the point of painting a picture of some poor boy done good turned philanthropic bastion crusader with football success his final destiny. i just thought that was a bit off the mark. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Well you made the point of painting a picture of some poor boy done good turned philanthropic bastion crusader with football success his final destiny. i just thought that was a bit off the mark. thumbsup.gif

Choose what you want to read and disregard the rest.

If we were bottom of the Championship, Abramovich would not be on your radar.

You knock success and dress it up in a cloak of social injustice.

Edited by P45Mustang

No. I didn't.

You created that picture from posts me and others made.

I was simply giving him the benefit of the doubt and focussing on what his motivation at Chelsea is.

This has to be the most exciting climax to a season in many a year. Title could be won by any one of three teams and hopefully that team will be the mighty Blues biggrin.png

OG, if you are around I will be watching the final games (May 11th) of the season in Gulliver's, if you think you can stay awake it would be good to see you mate! haha

This has to be the most exciting climax to a season in many a year. Title could be won by any one of three teams and hopefully that team will be the mighty Blues biggrin.png

thumbsup.gif

Lets forget all the one sided slagging off we are getting from the media and other jealous supporters and just stick together.

Come on the BLUES!!!!!!!!!

Mourinho is back.

biggrin.png

OG, if you are around I will be watching the final games (May 11th) of the season in Gulliver's, if you think you can stay awake it would be good to see you mate! haha

Any one of 2 teamsthumbsup.gif

BTFW.

Abramovich has made his money. Big money.

Now he needs to leave a mark. A mark of significance.

He is on a mission of glory. He has chosen football to do it.

His chosen Lieutenant is Mourinho.

Knock it, criticise it, view it cynically and say it will never happen.

But Abramovich and Mourinho are in front of a set of goalposts no different from those in front of Suarez and Sturridge.

Same same. They are just a bit older and wiser.

thumbsup.gif

Fair dos loving your club, and manager but romanticising Abramovich puts me off my soup. He is as corrupt as they come, and his wealth was stolen from the Russian people.

It was stolen from us too back in the 70's when they went around with buckets! laugh.png

But we survived despite Chelse fans knocking our wall down.

The record shows, we took the blows and did it our stupid way

How the hell did we finish runners up to Liverpool in 1962/3 and were promoted with them to Div 1...........the rest is history.sad.png If only we could have paid that winger his 45 quid a week, things might be different,

Edited by uptheos

How did Mike Dean not see the Ramires back fist on Larson???? Chelsea should be down to 10

Right in front of him, but it looks like he isn't interested in booking anybody for anything. Could be a street fight in the second period if he doesn't exercise some control.

• Like 1

How did Mike Dean not see the Ramires back fist on Larson???? Chelsea should be down to 10

Right in front of him, but it looks like he isn't interested in booking anybody for anything. Could be a street fight in the second period if he doesn't exercise some control.

Well that's Ramires out next week if he didn't see it and he must be saying he didn't see it. Dirty little bugger that Ramires. 1-1 could be a nervy finish, still think Chelsea by a couple.

Impossible for him not to see it. Another ref with no balls.

But of course he is going to have to say he didnt see it, which means Ramires will be banned retrospectively. And rightly so

• Like 1