Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Man City are now reported to be taking an interest in Stones. Looks like Chelsea might be gazumped.

Well the lad must be rubbing his hands in glee thinking about the 200k pw he's going to be earning.

Man City are now reported to be taking an interest in Stones. Looks like Chelsea might be gazumped.

Well the lad must be rubbing his hands in glee thinking about the 200k pw he's going to be earning.

Plus his cut of a ludicrous transfer fee.

The problem with signing Stones is, because of the adulation he received from the media last season and the fact that he's an England International, he will expect to play the vast majority of games. As I've said before,I don't rate him as highly as our other centre backs in the squad and, I think, if he had been a young defender from say, Croatia or Serbia, he wouldn't have received nowhere near the amount of praise he got.

Felipe Luis was unlucky in that he fell victim to Mourinho's preferred system of having a hard working right back playing left back and a towering monster of a centre back playing right back! Luis was too good to be sitting on the bench.

there is no problem at all with stones possible signing

cast your mind back to rio fernanland,s t/f from leeds to m/u for around 30 mil aprox 2001, c/sea are punting for a same scenario

got to speculate to accumalate

how was luis a victim to mou,s preferred system???

luis unfortunately ran into daves great form,and could ,nt unseat him ,simple as that

and all partys concerned, have reached a very amicable t/f , good business for both clubs ,me thinks

Funny you should mention Ferdinand because that's who I think Stones models his play on, except that he doesn't possess half the pace as Ferdinand did at Leeds then United, pace and acceleration which got Ferdinand out of no end of problems because he was someone who couldn't tackle either. Once he lost his foot, he decided to look for greener pastures and found himself at QPR, where he showed all his leadership and positional qualities and was a roaring failure. Personally, I couldn't care one iota if Stones comes or not as it's Abramovich's money,not mine. I just think there are far better young centre backs out there who would cost half the money and without half the Brit media frenzy.

Mourinho specifically drafted Ivanovic out on the right flank as an attacking option. Not for his pace or dribbling ability but his aerial prowess. The ball would leave Courtois's foot/hand and,with pin point accuracy, Ivanovic would rise above the diminutive opposing full back and nod it on to Willian etc. who would be lurking in the space behind the full back. It worked like a charm all season. It was like going the old 'route one' but using the full back instead of the 'big man up front' When Ivanovic was caught upfield and, with his lack of pace, would have taken half an hour to get back, Matic, Willian and/or Cahill would be on hand to clean up.

Mourinho gambled on turning Azpilicueta into a make shift left back (you couldn't have Ivanovic working the left flank because he wouldn't have been half as effective there and Mourinho knew this only to well) and it worked to such good effect that Felipe Luis, arriving only last season, could never nail down this position. Whoever arrives to replace him will face the same dilemma although that attempted nodded clearance by Azpilicueta, in the game against Barcelona, was scandalouly amateurish and might be the beginning of his demise!

The only thing that would concern me is the lack of upgrading in the fringe players. Last season Mourinho had incredible luck with the lack of injuries but what for example would be the scenario if say, Hazard or Matic took a bad injury. Mikel and Moses are not up to scratch. Certainly a player targeted like Hazard seems to be is unlikely to start thirty-eight games like last season. I just find this strangely remiss of Mourinho.

apart from your wreckess insane assumptions, mou has further alternatives if hazard the destroyer, and blocker matic are not available

if available, plugger mikel and massive moses would walk right into spuds run side immediately,

keep the fat jollys alight and smoking, sucker

Edited by evenstevens

That was the best of our pre- season games by a long way ,Hazards goal was a bit special. Moses has had a good tour and has put himself at least in the shop window if not in this forthcoming season,s squad. We will see the squad taking shape a bit more over this coming weekend.........and hopefully the Stones transfer saga coming to an end..........one way or the other.

The problem with signing Stones is, because of the adulation he received from the media last season and the fact that he's an England International, he will expect to play the vast majority of games. As I've said before,I don't rate him as highly as our other centre backs in the squad and, I think, if he had been a young defender from say, Croatia or Serbia, he wouldn't have received nowhere near the amount of praise he got.

Felipe Luis was unlucky in that he fell victim to Mourinho's preferred system of having a hard working right back playing left back and a towering monster of a centre back playing right back! Luis was too good to be sitting on the bench.

The only thing that would concern me is the lack of upgrading in the fringe players. Last season Mourinho had incredible luck with the lack of injuries but what for example would be the scenario if say, Hazard or Matic took a bad injury. Mikel and Moses are not up to scratch. Certainly a player targeted like Hazard seems to be is unlikely to start thirty-eight games like last season. I just find this strangely remiss of Mourinho.

Looks like I'll be penciling in my 1-0 Chelsea bankers for the Prediction competition again.

That was the best of our pre- season games by a long way ,Hazards goal was a bit special. Moses has had a good tour and has put himself at least in the shop window if not in this forthcoming season,s squad. We will see the squad taking shape a bit more over this coming weekend.........and hopefully the Stones transfer saga coming to an end..........one way or the other.

Looks like I'll be penciling in my 1-0 Chelsea bankers for the Prediction competition again.

every week thumbsup.gif

That's two robots out of the way in this next competition then. Chelsea recorded just three 1-0 home wins out last season. Be a bit more adventurous lads.

I reckon we might ought to listen to OG Bob, but 1-0 is tempting....maybe 2-0.smile.png

• Like 1

Proper game that so no excuses.........Remy i like you mate but to be caught offside that many times is just un-4- give- a- ball. Dave and Ivanovic were ordinary at best........Willian was okay...cant fault Terry Cahill or Courtois.........Fabregaz (average) Ramires likewise...(prefer Dennis Wise).....Hazard......Mou played him in the wrong place in that 1st half........Matic is awesome but i,d rather he stayed in our half than theres........after all Makelele was the dogs bolloxx..... but he got a nose bleed if he crossed the half-way line. Just a game of football.....my rsss. Hoping for much better things on Wednesday......................

• Like 1

apart from your wreckess insane assumptions, mou has further alternatives if hazard the destroyer, and blocker matic are not available

if available, plugger mikel and massive moses would walk right into spuds run side immediately,

keep the fat jollys alight and smoking, sucker

Absolute nonsense. You don't even seem to have a grasp of the abilities of your own team. Obi Mikel is simply not up tp the mark. Moses a poor replacement too.

Theres a lot of knowledgeable posters on here having to listen to your ill informed quips. You really need to find a "football for beginners" forum.

• Like 2

Proper game that so no excuses.........Remy i like you mate but to be caught offside that many times is just un-4- give- a- ball. Dave and Ivanovic were ordinary at best........Willian was okay...cant fault Terry Cahill or Courtois.........Fabregaz (average) Ramires likewise...(prefer Dennis Wise).....Hazard......Mou played him in the wrong place in that 1st half........Matic is awesome but i,d rather he stayed in our half than theres........after all Makelele was the dogs bolloxx..... but he got a nose bleed if he crossed the half-way line. Just a game of football.....my rsss. Hoping for much better things on Wednesday......................

Can't disagree with most of your summary, Keith. Our overall performance was ponderous and predictable. Hazard looked fairly subdued throughout and seemed to have bulked up a bit, compared to last season. I thought Willian looked sharp although he did fade in the second half. Ivanovic was dire. When put in a position to cross, he rarely got the ball beyond the first defender.

stones t/f is not far away one way or another ,both c/man have been holding private discussions,on the matter

e/ton are holding out for 32 mil to 35 mil is the call

i.m.o. over the odds but must remember we got 28 mil for the big sack lukelu, biggrin.png bit of pay back here from e/ton, and why notbiggrin.png

its a bright cheerio afternoon to all my loyal followers on the footy forumsmile.png

Well that was nothing to write home about...........or <deleted> to tell the truth. Can,t understand why Mou gave debuts too so many in that 1st half instead of filtering them in slowly over the coming weeks. Loftus cheek won,t get another look-in after that display (had a good 5 minutes) then went missing...same for Traore and Aina......don,t know why Mikel is still at the club.........and Cuadrado. Says something when Moses was the best on the pitch for the 55 mins he was on it.

Well this coming season if successful is going to be down to how the usual suspects perform.........with Zouma Remy/Falcao Oscar Ramires and Moses coming on from the bench to close it down or to try and get something.............sorry forgot Mikel as well ughhhhhhhhhhhh

If things go tits-up, expect a lot of activity in the January window. Can,t see us signing Stones......and imho..don,t need him.......got Terry Cahill Ivanovich Zouma and the loaned out Kalas as centrebacks.............its a left back we need and that position needed filling the moment Mou made it clear that Filipe was not going to be 1st choice, and that was back in Dec/Jan when he didn,t play him the night we got thumped at the Lane.mad.gif

Well that was nothing to write home about...........or <deleted> to tell the truth. Can,t understand why Mou gave debuts too so many in that 1st half instead of filtering them in slowly over the coming weeks. Loftus cheek won,t get another look-in after that display (had a good 5 minutes) then went missing...same for Traore and Aina......don,t know why Mikel is still at the club.........and Cuadrado. Says something when Moses was the best on the pitch for the 55 mins he was on it.

Well this coming season if successful is going to be down to how the usual suspects perform.........with Zouma Remy/Falcao Oscar Ramires and Moses coming on from the bench to close it down or to try and get something.............sorry forgot Mikel as well ughhhhhhhhhhhh

If things go tits-up, expect a lot of activity in the January window. Can,t see us signing Stones......and imho..don,t need him.......got Terry Cahill Ivanovich Zouma and the loaned out Kalas as centrebacks.............its a left back we need and that position needed filling the moment Mou made it clear that Filipe was not going to be 1st choice, and that was back in Dec/Jan when he didn,t play him the night we got thumped at the Lane.mad.gif

Loftus- Cheek looks and plays like a lad that thinks he doesn't have to break sweat, he's so good. He saunters about and does the bare minimum. The lack of goals is the big worry plus a decent left back. I didn't see the game, but would have expected more from Traore, Keith. Did he show any of his undoubted talent during the game?

Loftus- Cheek looks and plays like a lad that thinks he doesn't have to break sweat, he's so good. He saunters about and does the bare minimum. The lack of goals is the big worry plus a decent left back. I didn't see the game, but would have expected more from Traore, Keith. Did he show any of his undoubted talent during the game?

Traore has got talent Og and there were the odd flashes ........but Mou played him at left back.....yeah left back........wh th f.. It was disappointing....thought Mou would play Wilian Hazard Fabregas around Falcao to see what the blokes got....but no he plays him with Oscar Cuadrago Mikel and Moses.

Here,s a thought you should....sign up to Chelsea Tv (i did) and you can watch every match all comps the following day..plus all the latest news @ £5.99 per month. Me and the Mrs are back to Los in December for 4 months so i won,t have to get up at silly o,clock to watch League cup Ties, epl midweek games and Champions league matches...........all games repeated about 5 times a week. Off to work nowthumbsup.gif

perhaps a perfect tonic to the tedium of the m/u..spurs match

but

not a good start to the season at all

at the end of the day we were lucky to get a draw out of it ,but still 111points to play for

swansea played a fantastic game and virtually smashed us to peices

no witch hunt from E/S, but our game plan,will have to change immediately,to be in with a chance next week against man/city

all kudos to swanseasmile.png

A game with plenty of good football and controversy. It began like a couple of drunks slugging it out with chances at both ends but, with Willian, Matic, Oscar and Fabregas having their attacking boots on, the lack of pace in our back four was being exposed by Gomis, Ayew and especially, Montero who made Ivanovic look like what he really is, a centre back playing at full back. No way would Felipe Luis have been given the runaround, the way Ivanovic was.

If this game is anything to go by,pace from the opposition will be our undoing this season, unless Mourinho addresses the problem. It was only late on, when we went down to ten men, that Willian dropped back to protect Ivanovic. But that's not the answer because Willian is more dangerous in the opposition's final third. At least get a decent left back in,Mourinho and,when the case arises and you are faced with real pace, bench Ivanovic. Jeffrey Schlupp is a bloke I'd be looking at. Great to see Oscar back to his best.

but

at the end of the day we were lucky to get a draw out of it ,but still 111points to play for

no witch hunt from E/S, but our game plan,will have to change immediately,to be in with a chance next week against man/city

Funnily enough E/S, I reckon we will be more comfortable playing against City, especially at their gaff. The onus will be on them to make the running. It's just not in Pelligrini's mindset to concede the midfield at home. Pacewise, they now have Sterling who is quick but certainly no quicker than Montero, Aguero, who Terry and Cahill know very well and Silva. It will be like chalk and cheese to the Swansea game.

• Like 1

Courtois reminds me of a headless chicken at times he is trying hard to make the Petr Cech deal look even more impressive.

Mourinho slagging off his medical team shows his arrogance to the full really ....he is the manager and blames even his own backroom team for something so trivial or was he having a go at Hazard for feigning injury?

Could be a hard start to the season for your lot playing catch up is not Mourinhos gig.

Bore draw at City then.

Didum....

• Like 1

Said it last season Chelsea's ageing defenders may be their undoing. Ivanovic and Terry looked very ordinary against pace. Montero actually made Ivanovic look second rate.Other clubs will have taken note.

As for Moanrino, have to blame someone,its the medical teams turn.Last week it was Arsenal playing all their players behind the ball.Whose next ?

Courtois reminds me of a headless chicken at times he is trying hard to make the Petr Cech deal look even more impressive.

Mourinho slagging off his medical team shows his arrogance to the full really ....he is the manager and blames even his own backroom team for something so trivial or was he having a go at Hazard for feigning injury?

Could be a hard start to the season for your lot playing catch up is not Mourinhos gig.

Bore draw at City then.

Didum....

Thucck me.........you don,t come on this thread for 2 years.......then after 1 lucky win you post that crap.( Cech really impressive) don,t ever keep cows will ya............foot n mouth and all that. I.m still dining out on the money i made from your mob not making top four 2 years ago cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Bore draw at City then.

Didum....

Thucck me.........you don,t come on this thread for 2 years.......then after 1 lucky win you post that crap.( Cech really impressive) don,t ever keep cows will ya............foot n mouth and all that. I.m still dining out on the money i made from your mob not making top four 2 years ago cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Read it again Keith,sober if possible tongue.png

but

Funnily enough E/S, I reckon we will be more comfortable playing against City, especially at their gaff. The onus will be on them to make the running. It's just not in Pelligrini's mindset to concede the midfield at home. Pacewise, they now have Sterling who is quick but certainly no quicker than Montero, Aguero, who Terry and Cahill know very well and Silva. It will be like chalk and cheese to the Swansea game.

against m/city mou will tighten the screws in m/f ,possibly ramires partnerning matic, plus the back four not playing so high up the pitchsmile.png

good to see the governor put in a full 90 mins,just hope he gets the shit out of his game, if so, the goals will come back again

courtios had a split second decision to be made,and with hindsight not a correct one,win some, lose some,is my call there

and thus gave begovic a good outing under the gun,and he put in a sterling performance,between the sticks

it was a very highly entertaining matchsmile.png and swansea deserved their point ,and possibly all three

a top of the morning to all my readers on the footy forumbiggrin.png

Said it last season Chelsea's ageing defenders may be their undoing. Ivanovic and Terry looked very ordinary against pace. Montero actually made Ivanovic look second rate.Other clubs will have taken note.

As for Moanrino, have to blame someone,its the medical teams turn.Last week it was Arsenal playing all their players behind the ball.Whose next ?

They didn't strengthen around the fringes of the squad. Theres little competition to displace Mourinho's chosen starting line up that looked frankly like they were at the end of a long season. When you have to fight for your place you might find that little extra. All he had to do was some decent fine tuning and instead did little or nothing (although theres still time in the window i concede)

Now the little twerps blaming his medical staff. Deflecting again Jose. Perhaps next week he'll blame the ball boys.

I think its fair to say most football fans are sick of him already.

Now the little twerps blaming his medical staff.

I think its fair to say most football fans are sick of him already.

AGREED,getting beaten by him , year after year, does take its toll, sucker

hows your ready to play goal keepers rate fluffwit , OH SHIT , i should not have asked

Said it last season Chelsea's ageing defenders may be their undoing. Ivanovic and Terry looked very ordinary against pace.

E/S would back both of them to beat your daley blind in a foot race any day fizzles,

Bore draw at City then.

Didum....

Read it again Keith,sober if possible tongue.png

Mate...nothing you post on here is worth reading twice. Do the maths......you and the other idiots...........the medical staff in there haste to treat the (un-injured) Hazard put us down to only 7 outfield players to there 10 facepalm.gif ......get it????

• Like 2