Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Not gonna get depressed by that........far from it, i always believe that something good can come from something bad.

Ivanovich.......found out yet again... cannot play at Rb and hopefully never will again.....shocking. Cuadrado........mate you are shitt........Emenalo take him back to where ever you signed him from.

1st half competive,a few cynical challenges.and 1 nil was a fair reflection......yeah i know that kun could have scored 4 maybe 5 goals in the 1st 20 minutes...........but guess what .......thats what you have a Goalkeeper for. 2nd half much better for us,had Citeh right under the cosh and only looked a matter of time before we scored............but we didn,t and ppiss poor defending by Ivanovich gifted them 2 goals. Hopefully we will sign a new left back before the transfer window is closed and all will be fine.

One thing i thought was very noticeable last night was the difference in quality of the two benches. City's was much stronger, Chelseas markedly less in quality.

Maybe that defeat is the wake up call two strengthen the squad before the window closes.

It took 30 secs. to show that it was tactically wrong to play Ramires further forward instead of Fabregas. Fabregas is as slow as me and is now a luxury we cannot afford to have, because, when his distribution is off, he might as well not be on the pitch. This Premier League is very demanding and, especially for players that have been around and are aging, the next season can be one season too many. Ivanovic,Terry and Fabregas fit into that bracket.

Our two best players were Bergovic and Matic,which tells you pretty much how the game went. The first half was almost catastrophic, with there left side having the freedom of the park to do what they wanted, Ivanovic providing absolutely no cover. The second half was much better, but with only Hazard and Willian providing any real pace to get behind their back line,we created little. Costa is still struggling with fitness, I reckon.

Mourinho has now got to contemplate the rest of this season without Terry and Ivanovic. Both need benching while Fabregas is a liability. Zouma is the logical choice to step in the heart of the defence (or Stones if he comes) while Azpilicueta can finally play in his preferred position. Apparently, a deal has already been done for Aba Rachman, a very speedy Ghanain left back who plays for Augsburg. Get him in double quick. Oscar is well capable of taking over from Fabregas.

• Like 1

One thing i thought was very noticeable last night was the difference in quality of the two benches. City's was much stronger, Chelseas markedly less in quality.

Maybe that defeat is the wake up call two strengthen the squad before the window closes.

his subbing terry was quite revealing i thought. he might as well have held up a placard to abramovich saying 'please sign john stones now'. surprising to see chelsea not really strengthening from a position of strength having won the league. city have improved their first XI, so did arsenal. chelsea have rested on their laurels a bit and certain key players have just got a year older and slower.

• Like 1

I said it at the tail end of last season that the Chelsea back 4 will not see another season out, there were signs, especially Terry and Ivanovic that

their legs were gone. I didn't expect it would happen so quickly. Ivanovic can no loger cope with a speedy wing man and has to resort to fouling and Terry

has now discovered reality. Moanrinho is calling it a "fake" win by City ,sorry Jose it could have easily been 6.

Ambrovich will not be happy,neither is Mrs ambrovich about the way the Dr was publicly humiliated.3 years is about Moanrinhos life span in management

and the bookies will be shortening the odds on him leaving.

Interesting video on goal.uk.com Man City's tunnel cam with an interesting appearance in the last minute, Balotelli back amongst old friends.

I said it at the tail end of last season that the Chelsea back 4 will not see another season out, there were signs, especially Terry and Ivanovic that

their legs were gone. I didn't expect it would happen so quickly.

c/sea has seen it coming fizzles the dummy

zouma age 20, dave 25.abudul,21, kalas 21,stones 21 (if delivered) just from memory, nice bunch of potentially top notch defenders

cahill terry and branno are approaching the end of their outstanding services ,particular the latter two, but will be needed to bed in these youngsters,this season and next

with a further good dabble, and moving out the above trio mentioned at the right time,(thats the curly bit) feel that c/sea have a bright YOUNG future defence coming through

feel that all the top clubs defenders on their books are no stronger then c/sea, take a bow peep they have holes too

his subbing terry was quite revealing i thought. he might as well have held up a placard to abramovich saying 'please sign john stones now'. surprising to see chelsea not really strengthening from a position of strength having won the league. city have improved their first XI, so did arsenal. chelsea have rested on their laurels a bit and certain key players have just got a year older and slower.

Yes and Everton will be increasing their asking price for Stones now. Mourinho really has created the most calamitous balls up for himself to start off the season.

Thats the first time he's subbed Terry in 177 games.

I dunno mate. As I've said before, I rate Zouma a better centre back than Stones. I think our initial bid of 20 million for adding a young English defender to our squad is the just about the right valuation Knowing Mourinho's intransigence, it would not surprise me to see exactly the same starting line up against City, start in our next away game at West Brom.

the mighty mou is on the war path

just signed pedro from under m/nure noses

of course TULIPS will say we gave up interest B/S tirade

caundro will poss meet pedro in the t.f lounge ,going the other way back to italy,thank goodness for that

now for stones

caundro will poss meet pedro in the t.f lounge ,going the other way back to italy,thank goodness for that

now for stones

A terrific player to have in our squad E/S. He'll add some much needed pace and guile in our midfield. I would have liked him to come a few years earlier as he's 28 though. I find it strange that Utd. suddenly lost interest and refused to pay the buy out clause, which isn't that exorbitant by today's standards.

Baba straight in on Sunday and Ivanovich ...bench warming.imho

A certainty in everybody else's book except Mourinho's, Keith! He's been absolutely woeful but Mourinho thinks he walks on water. We are facing one of the slowest midfields in the Premier League on Sunday so Ivanovic, if he does start, should have an infinitely easier afternoon than he's had so far.

A certainty in everybody else's book except Mourinho's, Keith! He's been absolutely woeful but Mourinho thinks he walks on water. We are facing one of the slowest midfields in the Premier League on Sunday so Ivanovic, if he does start, should have an infinitely easier afternoon than he's had so far.

I know Mo likes him and rewarded him this season by making him vice captain...............but his defending is and has been woeful for some time....always giving away to much space and time on the ball to the oppo,s.....and whats the idea with the arms behind the back.

now for stones

A terrific player to have in our squad E/S. He'll add some much needed pace and guile in our midfield. I would have liked him to come a few years earlier as he's 28 though. I find it strange that Utd. suddenly lost interest and refused to pay the buy out clause, which isn't that exorbitant by today's standards.

we nearly signed him in the last t/f window, but he was C/L tied

will bring a vast wealth of experience to the dressing room, its beggars beleif that m/u allowed us to sneak along the rails,and signed him on the wire, he has at least 3 good yrs in him and from all reports,pedro is a real pro on and off the pitch

at around 22 mil ,cheap as chips these days, welcome to the bridge pedro, your decision to join us will be vindicatedbiggrin.png make no mistake about that GO CHELSEA

I know Mo likes him and rewarded him this season by making him vice captain...............but his defending is and has been woeful for some time....always giving away to much space and time on the ball to the oppo,s.....and whats the idea with the arms behind the back.

The first player I noticed doing it first was David Luis. Surely it upsets your balance when you have to commit? I hate the way Ivanovic hovers around the attacking player, arms clasped around his arse, instead of getting in tight.

Can he play at right back? You seem to have a surplus of midfielders and a distinct lack of defenders.

We've got six defenders in the first team squad of which two, possibly three if you include Zouma, can play in that position. Ramires has also filled in quite effectively, on the odd occasion.

Like most clubs that have pretensions of winning the League, you want to attract the best players but, are those 'star' players willing to spend some time on the bench? Mourinho had this problem with De Bruyne who, quite frankly, wasn't willing to work to cement his place in the line up and put in some nondescript performances, sulking his time on the pitch out on the byeline.

Well what a surprise Mo sticks with Ivanovich (as predicted by Og). Not fair that Cahill misses out imho as i think he has done little wrong.........suppose having to play in a mask is a bit of an excuse.......... Nice to see Traore make the bench ............possible half time sub for Ivan if he is getting wrung ragged usual. I,m hoping and betting on a convincing win...we,ll see smile.png

Great debut from Pedro...bags of pace and energy.......but.......apart from him Dave and Costa and odd flashes from Hazard,.....well there is still work to be done.. Zouma did okay for his 1st real start and a great penalty save from t-bow. Still it,s 3 points. Now come on jose.......man up and drop Ivan.....or Zaha next week will rip him new one.

Lack of confidence is a weird thing to a professional footballer. It can turn him from a world beater to a bumbling mess of a player. Watching the Everton v City game, where both teams were pinging the ball around and running into space, wanting the ball, showed how much confidence both teams have.

Contrast that to our lot, who played the game at a snail's pace, playing the obvious ball in case they made a mistake with no movement. One man who was unaffected by Evagate and the <deleted> that followed, was Pedro. Getting the ball, making darting runs and,basically oozing confidence. Hazard played his part in this although Willian had a match he would prefer to forget. Ivanovic and Fabregas have put together three ghastly performances. They should be arrested for impersonating professional footballers. Absolutely no energy in their play and no desire to tackle. This win MIGHT help to regain the confidence lost because it was a struggle against a mediocre West Brom side, full of players that wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. It was worrying not to see Baba Rahman on the bench as he will be needed to subdue Zaha next week. Ivanovic, on his current form would be turned inside out and upside down by him.

the only tonic that came out of that match was a shaky three away points, pedro,s impressive debut, and the governor getting on the score sheet

now E/S is struggling for a postive

branno is a walking corpse,mou will surely bite the bullett and send the former great warrior for a full rehab,

at times i thought we had a full team of obi mikels ,passing like a crabs and cowards back passes to g/k courthios, from m/feild etc etc

falcao is a shot bird,remy has to take his place,the team is playing in dribs and drabs, no snap, crackle or pop ,a few over size ego.s need addressing to

thought terry,s sending off, was very harsh ,but clattenberg,s silent vendetta against c/sea continues ,he is a arrogant knob ,if i have ever seen one

see how the T/F market progresses,need further pedro.s type buys to shake up the complaceny that is in the camp

stones and pogba would fit my bill

a high noon to all my very adorable readers on the footy forumbiggrin.png until tomrrow with my round three reviewsmile.png