Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

All in all we are not good enough...too many bang average players that if they dont perform to there highest level for the full 90 mins,then they get found out. Feel sorry for Kante (a one man midfield) no support what so ever. 

That was an April fools day i wont forget.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

....how you never picked up at least 4 cards is also beyond me. Just my opinion of course.

Yes two reds for studs up stamps,,but the refereeing this season(all matchs) has missed so many, (such as yesterday, )its a real hit and miss, the rub of the green  went Spuds way no doubt about that

30 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Quite comprehensive??? If we had gone in at h/t 1 up i dont think you could have had any complaints. Alonso wasted at least 3 good chances your keeper was called on more than ours. Nobody closed down Ericksen for a good 3 minutes prior to his goal....shocking. Tell me if i,m wrong....i didn,t even know Son was playing in that 1st half.

2nd half you were more clinical,took your chances and that was it.....how you never picked up at least 4 cards is also beyond me. Just my opinion of course.

Your first goal was a gift.  Lloris becoming a little prone to howlers.  You kept it narrow and didn't allow us to optimize Trippier and Davies, especially the first half hour  Second half we made some tactical changes that worked.  We were far more clinical and by the 70th minute had relative control of the match.  Chelsea also dealt poorly at times with the Tottenham press.  You are sounding a little hard done by but i see the result as a reasonable a reflection of the game.  I also think Chelsea bottled it a bit in what was for you a must win game, and maybe that created added pressure knowing for us a point would suffice.   And yes, totally agree, Kante left with far too much to do.  

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Too much mediocrity and not enough guile and pace in that team yesterday. I don't criticise Conte too much but how he can justify Kante being supported by a snail in midfield is beyond me. It compromises our attack because players like Willian spend more time defending than supporting Morata and it compromises our defence because there's no cover. Alonso and Moses are good enough squad players but shouldn't be in the starting line up. We needed to progress from this type of player last season, but Conte just doesn't trust the new signings enough. Maybe this season is, and always was in Conte's eyes, a transitional one with the summer being needed to bring the new boys on, some of the wannabe youngsters to gain experience and a few departures and new arrivals added to the mix.

So you've gone from winning the League to a transitional season ? very strange :ohmy:

"Some Chelsea fans on the internet sounding none too magnanimous in defeat, which surprises me.  Bar another Lloris mistake i thought it was quite comprehensive."

Quite comprehensive??? I only watched till 75mins when it looked over as a contest, but as a neutral I thought it looked pretty even until Alli's bit of magic.

Any other neutrals out there see it as "Quite comprehensive" or evens?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Some Chelsea fans on the internet sounding none too magnanimous in defeat, which surprises me.  Bar another Lloris mistake i thought it was quite comprehensive."

Quite comprehensive??? I only watched till 75mins when it looked over as a contest, but as a neutral I thought it looked pretty even until Alli's bit of magic.

Any other neutrals out there see it as "Quite comprehensive" or evens?

But you are colour blind so you don't see games the way other people see them !!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Your first goal was a gift.  Lloris becoming a little prone to howlers.  You kept it narrow and didn't allow us to optimize Trippier and Davies, especially the first half hour  Second half we made some tactical changes that worked.  We were far more clinical and by the 70th minute had relative control of the match.  Chelsea also dealt poorly at times with the Tottenham press.  You are sounding a little hard done by but i see the result as a reasonable a reflection of the game.  I also think Chelsea bottled it a bit in what was for you a must win game, and maybe that created added pressure knowing for us a point would suffice.   And yes, totally agree, Kante left with far too much to do.  

no doubt in my mind that Spuds deserved to win,but as for C/sea bottling it ,we have lost 4 out 6  epl matchs coming into this one, its been a long bottle ,, and Conte  has just let it bottle along ,practically the same line up (when all fit),no variation and  E/S has already posted his list of bottles,and did not mentioned the breakdown on the Costa/Luiz meltdowns, , this raving moaning whinging lunatic is the cause of our bottle ,( dropping out C/L spot) nobody else, its a good squad if ultilised correctly,which Conte has failed to do, that my two cents worth,off for a nose bag washed down by a beer lao dark or two ,maybe 3 or 4, Giddy Up

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

You took control only when you knocked the stuffing out of Chelsea by 2 quick goals minutes apart. Tactical changes that worked? Moses screwed up and Ericson wellied it in. Long ball, sublime finish by Alli. Third goal Chelsea had several chances to clear it and screwed up. 

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

But you are colour blind so you don't see games the way other people see them !!!

I am red / green colourblind but not blue / white so no probs for me (biggest problem is how am I seeing your post when you're on my ignore).

6 hours ago, carmine said:

U r right i do feel "a little hard done by" pathetic attempted finishing by alonso on at least 3 occassions piss poor

clearance by Moses and maybe just maybe we could so easily have been 3 up at h/t. Then 4 of your players should have been carded which also would have had a bearing on the game had they been carded.

Then to top all had to listen to those 2 "inane james hunts" in the commentary box wax lyrical about your team for the 25 minutes.....?

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

U r right i do feel "a little hard done by" pathetic attempted finishing by alonso on at least 3 occassions piss poor

clearance by Moses and maybe just maybe we could so easily have been 3 up at h/t. Then 4 of your players should have been carded which also would have had a bearing on the game had they been carded.

Then to top all had to listen to those 2 "inane james hunts" in the commentary box wax lyrical about your team for the 25 minutes.....?

To feel hard done by at losing that game is an extraordinary assessment!!  

Added to that, you've given little or no praise to Spurs at all.  Sounds like reality bites.

6 hours ago, carmine said:

To feel hard done by at losing that game is an extraordinary assessment!!  

Added to that, you've given little or no praise to Spurs at all.  Sounds like reality bites.

Take your fishing rod somewhere else.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2561 at 9:12 AM, oldgit said:

Agree with the first goal. That ball was swerving and dipping through the air and looked like it was going over the bar until it dived suddenly and shaved the underside of the bar. Caballero is understandably rusty but the hottest goalie in the world wouldn't have got to that. The second was a sublime piece of skill.

old  knee jerker  having the benefit of a second replay,got it wrong with  Willy  ,De Gea would,nt have saved the first, the second would have been nip and tuck, the 3..1 score line  was absoulately flattering to Spuds,but they deserved their win,they took their chances we did,nt , moving forward . a nice evening to all

17 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Take your fishing rod somewhere else.

Oh come on Keith!!  Theres no fishing on that last post, i've just reiterated what ALL the papers are saying and will also note that the media has in general been in agreement.  Just sour grapes imho.  Anyways, thats the last on it i have to say.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:09 PM, ThaiPauly said:

So sad to hear this news...61 ..... that's no age.

Its true what they say "Only the good die young"....and he was good at everything he turned his hand to  in football, there is an outpouring of grief on Sky Sports website....everybody who is anybody in football only has great things to say about him.

RIP Butch, you will be sorely missed

True, and not only in football.

• Like 1