Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Well we won, not the perfect performance i was hoping for (like we put in against Burnley),still it was less than 3 days since the last away game and Wembley is a bit of an energy sapping pitch. Pleased for Giroud,he worked really hard for his goal. ....and Hazard.....what a player.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well we won, not the perfect performance i was hoping for (like we put in against Burnley),still it was less than 3 days since the last away game and Wembley is a bit of an energy sapping pitch. Pleased for Giroud,he worked really hard for his goal. ....and Hazard.....what a player.

Yes, we won quite comfortably but it was far from our best and in all probability we will need a much improved performance in the final if we are to bring the cup home. 

Giroud had a fine game as you say, his goal was, for me, one that Drogba or Costa might well have scored.

Your recent comment about (the lack of) game management came to mind. While Morata might/should well have had a hat trick in the last few minutes but only because we allowed the final few minutes to become a frantic, end-to-end affair.

Hazard ran the show but alsewhere I thought Caballero looked shaky despite a fine save, Willian had one of his less effective games, Rudiger and Emerson looked quite average despite being up against a team that is all but relegated.

For what it's worth I can't see any legitimacy in that bitter whiny slippy scouse twot's gripes about the disallowed goal, a quite obvious foul on Caballero.

Onwards and hopefully upwards!

• Like 1

Your comment about Willian reminded me about something BM. What do you think of Willian storming off down the tunnel after being subbed off yesterday? My biggest frustration with him is his mini tantrum that he has any time the play breaks down or he loses the ball etc. Watch him, there is virtually never an instant reaction to fight for the ball or head back to defend. He’s always got to have his little sulk which is surely annoying for Chelsea fans throughout.

Coincidentally or not, Morata had a huge hissy fit after being subbed against Burnley last week?

Annoyed with themselves? Maybe or maybe someone else perhaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Your comment about Willian reminded me about something BM. What do you think of Willian storming off down the tunnel after being subbed off yesterday? My biggest frustration with him is his mini tantrum that he has any time the play breaks down or he loses the ball etc. Watch him, there is virtually never an instant reaction to fight for the ball or head back to defend. He’s always got to have his little sulk which is surely annoying for Chelsea fans throughout.

Coincidentally or not, Morata had a huge hissy fit after being subbed against Burnley last week?

Willian subbing was a massive stroke of sheer lunacy by Conte The Jerk,  Willian was replaced by Baka , where The Rat  would have been the ideal subbing option ,not Willian,  no wonder he was livid etc etc,  By  taking off Willian instead of The Rat, it gave S/hamton a relief or a life line from a lightening quick counter attack,which Willian is very good at,  The Jerk this season has turned  into  stroppy volitile mngr who is not suited to C/sea,s present squad at all,hence our table position, in my view  how we got to the Final of the F.A Cup is mind boggling, to say the least and is  the worst C/sea mngr  since A.V.B. in Roman,s era, this season cannot end quick enuff for E/S ,and The Jerks sacking will be a JOY to behold , 

• Like 1

I've tried to make the above readable as I understand it because it is quite a statement:

Conte this season has turned  into  stroppy volatile manager who is not suited to Chelsea's present squad at all, hence our table position, in my view how we got to the Final of the F.A Cup is mind-boggling to say the least and he is the worst Chelsea manager  since *A.V.B. in Roman's era...

So Conte, according to our antipodean poster is worse than diMatteo, Benitez, Mourinho and Hiddink. Worse than diMatteo? Shurely shome mishtake!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've tried to make the above readable as I understand it because it is quite a statement:

Conte this season has turned  into  stroppy volatile manager who is not suited to Chelsea's present squad at all, hence our table position, in my view how we got to the Final of the F.A Cup is mind-boggling to say the least and he is the worst Chelsea manager  since *A.V.B. in Roman's era...

So Conte, according to our antipodean poster is worse than diMatteo, Benitez, Mourinho and Hiddink. Worse than diMatteo? Shurely shome mishtake!

trigg the boring and ever so  slow on the uptake, two of your choices were Interim Mngrs,which leaves  just Mou and dIMatteo since  A.V.B. .being sacked   Mou,s record takes care of it self,as for Robbie Di Matteo he won the Champions League and a F.A cup,

(  just for matter of interest as interim mngrs  Benitez won a Europa League and Gus Hiddink a F.A  Cup ) outside Italy, Conte record is nuffin flash is it????   ,in my view just a grossly overated and overpaid  mngr,  

Edited by evenstevens

1. Sheila, always better to state EXACTLY what you mean isn't it. So if you meant "he is the worst Chelsea manager since A.V.B. in Roman's era, EXCLUDING INTERIM MANAGERS Benitez and Hiddink" then state it so we can understand fully! It's hard enough for us to read your poor prose let alone try to second-guess the workings of your mind.

2. Yes diMatteo did win as you stated but a better manager than Conte, not in my book. Since he was sacked by Chelsea he's resigned at Schalke and been sacked a while back by Villa, and won nothing.

• Like 1

Trigg fluff your stats and Taunts , my last post was very cordial and on topic

please take your fishing rod and smelly bait to another thread  or as  E/S  has repeatedly advised you in the past , please use the Ignore Button , and Presto E/S has vanished for good

Edited by evenstevens

11 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Probably a bit of both. 

It is annoying when Willian throws tantrums, which is a shame as he is a hell of a player when he's in the mood. I wasn't impressed by his body language yesterday when he played the ball outside for Giroud who was making a run inside. Giroud was a bit miffed about it, it seemed to me it was something that they'd worked on in training but Willian's reaction poor IMHO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sheila

Your initial post  was barely readable as usual,  despite people constantly requesting you show the courtesy of typing in standard english,  using grammar, etc.; it's amazing any of us bother to try to read it. But hey you keep on with your 'man from the outback coolness' crap that you think you're displaying on here.

You don't want to discuss your outrageous statement I picked up on? For the record here's Conte's honours record as a manager: it's pretty impressive. 

Manager

Bari[12]
Juventus[12]
Chelsea[136]

Individual

Conte won one PL and got to two FA Cup finals in his first two years in England and certain individuals slag him off for months.

Pep has won one PL in his first two seasons and is the Messiah.

Nowt as strange as folk or as fickle as some snowflakes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Conte won one PL and got to two FA Cup finals in his first two years in England and certain individuals slag him off for months.

Can't agree with you more. Last season Conte was a football genius (he was certainly very good),  and this season - trying to retain the Premiership which is very difficult - some are putting him down. Amazing! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

and strange that some folks post incorrect info,  as above ,but luv to take the mickey out of others,

BTW

Skull Pep won the  2018  EPL CUP to set the record straight, get that in you LOL

9 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

and strange that some folks post incorrect info,  as above ,but luv to take the mickey out of others,

BTW

Skull Pep won the  2018  EPL CUP to set the record straight, get that in you LOL

What was incorrect? 

Didn't Conte win one PL and he's got to two FA Cup finals in his first two years? Think that's correct.

Hasnt Pep won one PL in his first two seasons (and one Carabao cup? Think that's also correct.

So what's your gripe?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What was incorrect? 

So what's your gripe?

no gripe at all. triggs.just correcting skull pepe  acheivements at mcity where b.m failed to mention the epl cup win .yet luv spraying at others expense.yet his own house is not in order..triggs you appeared to be not there to morning and misreading posts hope you are o.k

Imho Willian can be and sometimes is brilliant....but that brilliance in a match can be for 3 or 5 moves or minutes and thus leaves a false overall impression ....as it never lasts for the whole game or anywhere near it.
25 prem goals and only 20 assists in 5 seasons is pretty poor return imo.

Spot on there KS

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What was incorrect? 

Didn't Conte win one PL and he's got to two FA Cup finals in his first two years? Think that's correct.

Hasnt Pep won one PL in his first two seasons (and one Carabao cup? Think that's also correct.

So what's your gripe?

Quite, I was talking about what I consider (and indeed are widely considered) to be major trophies, with all due respect to the likes of Swindon, Reading and Tottenham I don't consider the League/Milk/Rumbelows/Littlewoods/Coca-Cola/Carabao Cup (nice to win as it is), a major trophy, which is why I didn't include it, but I expect that was obvious to most on here.

Edited by Blue Muton
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Absolutely no excuse for Willian tossing his toys out of the pram. I and others didn't agree with the substitution but to go storming off down the tunnel was ridiculous and childish. I thought it was a team game, not about individuals. Fabregas should have been hauled off at that time as he was ineffective but the decision was made and Willian should have accepted it like a man. He had 64 minutes on the pitch which was a lot more than Pedro had and, after his impressive performance against Burnley, he must have been gutted that he didn't get a start. But did we see Pedro sulking and whining on the bench? No, he came on for the snail with a smile on his face and got straight into the action. That's a professional. Regarding Morata Mr. T, he was angry at himself for not putting his chances away, not Conte.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No agenda, I'm interested to know from you guys which was YOUR PERSONAL favourite Chelsea Premier team of the 2005, 06, 10, 15 and 17 winning teams and why?

no agenda ? in my view at your boring best .trigg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

E/S sorry but I'm not surprised.

triggs you should be.!!!only last sunday on the arsenal thread you posted  .that members who contribute to the footy forum can only go back 5 yrs..etc etc now you are asking to us to go back 13 yrs..are you  insane .trigg??? or bored???

Edited by evenstevens

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No agenda, I'm interested to know from you guys which was YOUR PERSONAL favourite Chelsea Premier team of the 2005, 06, 10, 15 and 17 winning teams and why?

2005 for me, the first time we were crowned Champions in my lifetime. That team was fantastic, could attack at incredible pace and was so full of energy.