KFC home delivery Dual Pricing

Hi

Just curious as recently I have read several postings about there being dual priciing with KFC home deliveries. I've yet to read backup or support to the postings. Anyone any info?

Don't be curious ...find out for real..wife, assuming that she is a Thai National, makes the first order ...remember the total cost. Next time you order 'same same' job done.

Of course if you are outside the delivery area this won't work and you will need Plan B

From my experience the prices are fixed on the Web site and so there's no intentional dual pricing, but they have a range of special deals and offers, and you need good Thai to understand and explore the offers. So if you use the phone for your order and do not speak Thai, you will only get the basic offer and miss out on the offers.

KFC home delivery, what a culinary delight. Grose.

Indeed, although it's spelled "gross".

We had some delivered to the office as a "treat", inedible grease bah.gif

The locals seemed to like it mind.

My assumption was it wasn't happening. I am aware that KFC prices are higher in tourist areas + usually extra 5 baht). This was confirmed to me by KFC.

As I said in OP, just curious as the only item I eat at KFC is the zinger burger and which I order maybe 3 times per year.

I was just curious

On the other hand he might be dyslexic :)

a480f44ca69d6b35dd8dd46556bc4be9.jpg

My assumption was it wasn't happening. I am aware that KFC prices are higher in tourist areas + usually extra 5 baht). This was confirmed to me by KFC.

As I said in OP, just curious as the only item I eat at KFC is the zinger burger and which I order maybe 3 times per year.

I was just curious

That isnt dual pricing though, some outlets may charge more than others because their overheads are higher (rent).

Dual pricing is when one shop has two different prices for different people,

Luk000

What made you think my comments on prices being higher in tourist areas related to dual pricing?

Because this thread is about alleged dual pricing at KFC .

I thought that you were giving an example of dual pricing at KFC , or maybe you were just making a random comment, which has nothing to do with the thread title ?

I went to the KFC home delivery web site and didn't see where to change to Thai language. I'm not extremely motivated to sign up just to see if I can change the language, but if you were to do so, you could maybe see if the prices were different. Other than language choice, how would they know if you were khon Thai or khon farang?

We occasionally get KFC delivered, usually same order. Sometimes I order and sometimes ordered by my Thai wife, apart from ongoing offers, the price is always the same.

Edited by Bantex

On the other hand he might be dyslexic :)

a480f44ca69d6b35dd8dd46556bc4be9.jpg

they arn't chuck chucks ...are they ☺

They are Geese, he was suggesting that instead of writing gross he misspelled geese by writing grose instead of grease

Something like that, anyway :)

Did you not notice the smiley face ...obviously a little too suttle ... ☺☺ ...sorry .......

Anyway ... quick someone ... get the last post in before it gets closed

Edited by JAS21

I was in Fortune a couple of weeks ago and I made the mistake of trying KFC. I couldn't eat more than one bite. It was disgusting.

The thing was the place was full, and everyone else was scarfing it down like there was a prize for first place.

KFC bucket meal deal Halifax Yorkshire £10.50.

KFC bucket meal deal London £15.00

Both exactly the same now that's dual rip off KFC

If all you were paying for was the chicken, grease and breading, that would be valid.

But you're paying for the shop rent, you're paying for the employee's wages (who pay for their London capital city rent), you're paying for local taxes (though I have no clue how they vary), and you're paying for an advertising budget.

My guess is that it's more expensive for KFC to put a bucket of the exact same chicken on your doorstep in London.

Edited by impulse