Forum upgrade in progress! ×

The Euro 2016 Thread

Chicog

Great to see that arrogant Swedish turd going home. Just a shame that the Portugese douche isn't going home with him.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the Copa America final will be the Argies vs Chile.

Thanks for the heads up; sounds lipsmacking - Aguero + Higuain up against in-form Vargas and Alexis. Must try and watch - I think True visions is showing Copa America matches but haven't dipped in so far

You may not see much of Aguero. It's been Higuain starting every game. Nice sub to have.

I'll be supporting Argentina, though I hope Alexis does really well too.

I'll be wearing my Boca Juniors wife beater - it's the only non-copy football shirt I own (bought it in La Bombonera on my one and only business visit to BA) and certainly the most colorful. Got lots of thumbs up for it whenever I was relaxing in Central London!

2 years out from retirement it was my plan to go live in BA for 6 months - I was relatively recently widowered, wanted to improve my Spanish, learn to Tango and, who knows, outside shot at picking up a lovely latino gf! Met my Thai wife-to-be 1 year later. Sometimes wonder (when drunk and mawkish) what life would have been like if the original plan had delivered.

The final is showing at 7am Thai time on True Sport 1.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We the vikings (Icelandic and Norwegians and a few Swedes) are ready to invade England again like we did 1200 years ago.

After the game we will get ready to say the famous words "your boys took a hell of a beating tonight" Cameron and Churchill as well as Maggie Thatcher will be included in the rant.

Get ready England!

Look out it's Ragnar Lothbrok biggrin.png

Great to see that arrogant Swedish turd going home. Just a shame that the Portugese douche isn't going home with him.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the Copa America final will be the Argies vs Chile.

Thanks for the heads up; sounds lipsmacking - Aguero + Higuain up against in-form Vargas and Alexis. Must try and watch - I think True visions is showing Copa America matches but haven't dipped in so far

You may not see much of Aguero. It's been Higuain starting every game. Nice sub to have.

I'll be wearing my Boca Juniors wife beater - it's the only non-copy football shirt I own (bought it in La Bombonera on my one and only business visit to BA) and certainly the most colorful. Got lots of thumbs up for it whenever I was relaxing in Central London!

2 years out from retirement it was my plan to go live in BA for 6 months - I was relatively recently widowered, wanted to improve my Spanish, learn to Tango and, who knows, outside shot at picking up a lovely latino gf! Met my Thai wife-to-be 1 year later. Sometimes wonder (when drunk and mawkish) what life would have been like if the original plan had delivered.

I'm sure there are many of us on here with similar thoughts...

You lads must of heard the Will Griggs song by now, here's the original

Tics lad, loving his Northern Irish striker popped this on Youtube a few months back and now half stadiums and fanzones of multiple country fans have been singing this song.

Go to 1 minute for the song that is being sung. This lad was given a season ticket after this from Wigan. Pure passion and what a wonderful thing football is, this lad must be chuffed to bits, the song of Euro 2016 was "Will Griggs on fire"

The English Ref and his team buy everything the clock makers are selling them.

Dives, trips falls, and acting.

Smells like an EEC flirt from the English Ref.

Finally the deserved goal, not sabotaged by the Ref, from the Strawberry pickers.

Goal of the tournament (by a country mile) from Shaquiri. Better than Rooney's famed overhead bicycle kick.

Agree.

Beautiful.

A total of 41 attempts after 90 minutes. Not bad.

Sensational goal

And what a pass for what should have been the winner there

A Boca fan ! After my heart you are.

I've lived in either Buenos Aires or BKK for many years. Pros and cons in both. Sounds like you made a decision you can live with.

cracking penalty there from arsenal's new swiss peno taker.

.... but top of the passing and mileage stats in that and many matches I believe. I'll take that - though he is not one that jumps out of the screen screaming that he's worth every penny of £30 to 35 mill.

Time will tell. Looks like he's happy in staying close to the CBs and distributing from the back, which is what we need. Too many of our guys playing DMF have wanted to get too involved up front; he should be a good complement to a strong creative-attacking minded midfield, with or without 'bite yer legs' Coquelin alongside him. Releases Cazorla to play his more natural role further forward. Monreal, Xhaka, Caorla and Sanchez playing left side may be a bit of an unnecessary luxury so would not be surprised to see one of Sanchez or Cazorla pitching up right sided. Maybe Arsene will sell Theo. Sorry, relaise such idle half-time mental doodling is of no interest to you whatsoever.

Wales -NIR, like an English 5th tier cup match so far.

Not good is it? It is really is there for Wales to take initiative. Bale anonymous. Impressed with Allen and Ramsay.

Yes Allen and Blondie working hard, but not really efficient.

Maybe Bale as a flanker again, and the forwards will suddenly have 20 crosses to work on.

Edit: Bale provide from flank. Own goal, but would have been a tap in anyway.

Archived