The Euro 2016 Thread

Chicog

cracking game and magnificent performance by italy. best team in the competition so far. proper unit and their defence is a thing of wonder.

Isn't it just. An Italian defense on top of their game is an art form. Then again, i'm probably one of the very few that thoroughly enjoys watching great defenses.

The Milan defense, coached by Capello and captained by the peerless Franco Baresi is i think the best i've ever seen

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cracking game and magnificent performance by italy. best team in the competition so far. proper unit and their defence is a thing of wonder.

Agree.

The way they are organized should be emulated.

It is just amazing to watch how technically skilled every Italian player is.

Unfortunately, they did what they have come to be know to do when they start defending a lead, very cynical.

Belgium on the other hand looked in periods like a band of mercenaries who had come together for the first time.

Lukaku and Origi should easily had put one each.

Italy are suddenly among the favourites to reach the final . I predict Italy - Germany or Italy - Spain or Italy - Portugal in the final .

Belgium ? Not a chance with a defense like that .

Brilliant news! I hope they get tough with all the idiots out there INCLUDING England.

Russia handed suspended Euro 2016 disqualification and fined 150,000

Uefa charges over crowd disturbances, use of fireworks and racist behaviour.

Any further incidents will see Russia disqualified from tournament

I Hope Wales Knock Out England out of The Euro On Thursday, Just For The Fun Of It.

I've got a cake and balloons ready. biggrin.png

remember that time scotland visited france, smokie?

Ck0rfu8WEAAgbll.jpg

This happens everywhere the Tartan Army go...with one notable exception! :lol:

Indeed - us poor ba$tards who lived in Carlisle had to live with visitations of the the battle-hardened Celtic/Rangers/Scotland coaches returning from sorties in Liverpool/Wembley during the days when Scottish football mattered (I'm thinking mostly the sixties). We thanked God when the M6 was built to whisk them past the town!

Indeed - us poor ba$tards who lived in Carlisle had to live with visitations of the the battle-hardened Celtic/Rangers/Scotland coaches returning from sorties in Liverpool/Wembley during the days when Scottish football mattered (I'm thinking mostly the sixties). We thanked God when the M6 was built to whisk them past the town!

Ahh you are one of those who grew up wishing you were Scottish...gotcha now. ;)

Ronaldo:

"They celebrated like they had won the Euro cup or something. That's a small mentality. That's why they'll do nothing."

he really is the most two-bob pathetic player i think i've ever seen. he's just awful.

Ronaldo:
"They celebrated like they had won the Euro cup or something. That's a small mentality. That's why they'll do nothing."
he really is the most two-bob pathetic player i think i've ever seen. he's just awful.

Not a pathetic player Stevie, but boy does he have personal issues. Mommy's boy, I reckon.

Latest news from the Euros:

"Massive fight has broken out at the football in France. Romanians are fighting the Poles. Albanians are fighting the Portuguese and the Turkish are fighting the Slovaks. Police have said they will all be rounded up and deported back to their homes in England."

Latest news from the Euros:

"Massive fight has broken out at the football in France. Romanians are fighting the Poles. Albanians are fighting the Portuguese and the Turkish are fighting the Slovaks. Police have said they will all be rounded up and deported back to their homes in England."

come on you taffs your better than THEM.1zgarz5.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gif

Ronaldo:

Not a pathetic player Stevie, but boy does he have personal issues. Mommy's boy, I reckon.

oh he's a pathetic player too santi. all the mugging to camera, the smacked-arse face on show, it's all about him and not the team. he's a mourinho on the pitch without the snideness of jose really. selfish self-centered brat who thinks only of himself and his own ego and has absolutely no class whatsoever. they're actually pretty similar thinking about it.

Populations:

Portugal 10.5 million vs. Iceland 323k.

Putting that in perspective, Iceland's population is just a tad bigger than Ronaldo's home (Madiera 268k); a decent achievement by Iceland.

Edit:

Just read that:

Iceland became the least populous nation ever to appear in the European Championship.

Ireland has a smaller population than Leicester.

Populations:

Portugal 10.5 million vs. Iceland 323k.

Putting that in perspective, Iceland's population is just a tad bigger than Ronaldo's home (Madiera 268k); a decent achievement by Iceland.

Edit:

Just read that:

Iceland became the least populous nation ever to appear in the European Championship.

Ireland has a smaller population than Leicester.

I don't believe Leicester (the City) is 323k. About 200-250k I think. Haven't looked it up.

Iceland is smaller than Chiang Mai! Ronaldo is smaller still.

1-2

Russia reduce, and have several chances to made it 2-2 after that.

The internet has been buzzing with negative comments about how England did not crush this lame Russian team, and how Wales will guaranteed beat England, since Wales beat Slovakia.

Will be interesting to see the comments if Russia turn it around.

No such thing, let the analysts start.

Apparently the Ruskie fans let off a flare to celebrate their goal. Sky speculating whether this could stimulate the ban.

In other news, pressure coming from senior Russian sources on to French government to stop fanning the flames of anti-Russian sentiment. What's French for "You stop lighting fires and we'll stop fanning the flames".

Archived