The Euro 2016 Thread

Chicog

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame - Portugal did enough with their draw to take one of those 4 third place spots in the KOs. But they get Croatia who were significantly better than Spain 24 hours ago.

that was fantastic. what a cross by wes hoolahan and what a header by brady. brilliant from ireland.

one of:

Switzerland
Poland
Croatia
Portugal
Wales
Northern Ireland
Hungary
Belgium
will be in the final. great stuff.

I can honestly say that was the most exciting night of group stage football I've seen, and completely unexpected. Ireland topped it all. But then there was Iceland too. Obviously as an England fan it had resonance, one minute we're up against Portugal, the next, Iceland. The Iceland commentator went mad when they hit the winner, it's on 5live podcasts. Congratulations to Wales, N.Ireland, and Ireland on qualifying in such fine style. And iceland of course.

The game that intrigues me is Wales v N.Ireland. Wales are the favourites I guess, but they are very dependent on one man, whereas NI are better as a team. Wales could not cope with England at all to the point of being outclassed, so I personally have my doubts. it could be a very, very close affair, maybe go to penalties.

Incredible scenes in Lille as Robbie Brady heads the winner with 5 minutes to go to put us into the last 16.

fantastic for all four teams,wales,england,NI.and republic I.

i wonder how many paddy's booked flights home before the italy game.

Great to see that arrogant Swedish turd going home. Just a shame that the Portugese douche isn't going home with him.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the Copa America final will be the Argies vs Chile.

Edited by Chicog

Great to see that arrogant Swedish turd going home. Just a shame that the Portugese douche isn't going home with him.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the Copa America final will be the Argies vs Chile.

Thanks for the heads up; sounds lipsmacking - Aguero + Higuain up against in-form Vargas and Alexis. Must try and watch - I think True visions is showing Copa America matches but haven't dipped in so far

I can honestly say that was the most exciting night of group stage football I've seen, and completely unexpected. Ireland topped it all. But then there was Iceland too. Obviously as an England fan it had resonance, one minute we're up against Portugal, the next, Iceland. The Iceland commentator went mad when they hit the winner, it's on 5live podcasts. Congratulations to Wales, N.Ireland, and Ireland on qualifying in such fine style. And iceland of course.

The game that intrigues me is Wales v N.Ireland. Wales are the favourites I guess, but they are very dependent on one man, whereas NI are better as a team. Wales could not cope with England at all to the point of being outclassed, so I personally have my doubts. it could be a very, very close affair, maybe go to penalties.

brilliant night of football wasn't it?

here's the icelandic commentator. it's fantastic this: https://streamable.com/f6hj

Fantastic stuff. Even with loads of changes Italy still had plenty of quality and big names playing. Chuffed to be an Irish Citizen (by descent) tongue.png

Another bloody ginger lurking in the tattie field!

Bloody hell, MrBo is a pikey!

cheesy.gif

here's the icelandic commentator. it's fantastic this: https://streamable.com/f6hj

Do you think he was saying "Alexander Van der Bellen your boys took one hell of a beating"?

Do you think he was saying "Alexander Van der Bellen your boys took one hell of a beating"?

oh you'd like to think so.

interestingly, in the list of famous austrians, arnold schwarzenegger is listed in the 'politicians' section. alongside adolf hitler. which you wouldn't probably put for either of their first choice job descriptions.

Thanks for the heads up; sounds lipsmacking - Aguero + Higuain up against in-form Vargas and Alexis. Must try and watch - I think True visions is showing Copa America matches but haven't dipped in so far

You may not see much of Aguero. It's been Higuain starting every game. Nice sub to have.

We the vikings (Icelandic and Norwegians and a few Swedes) are ready to invade England again like we did 1200 years ago.

After the game we will get ready to say the famous words "your boys took a hell of a beating tonight" Cameron and Churchill as well as Maggie Thatcher will be included in the rant.

Get ready England!

Fantastic stuff. Even with loads of changes Italy still had plenty of quality and big names playing. Chuffed to be an Irish Citizen (by descent) tongue.png

cheesy.gif

By descent Chic, by descent thumbsup.gif

We the vikings (Icelandic and Norwegians and a few Swedes) are ready to invade England again like we did 1200 years ago.

After the game we will get ready to say the famous words "your boys took a hell of a beating tonight" Cameron and Churchill as well as Maggie Thatcher will be included in the rant.

Get ready England!

I always thought us northerners were descended from Danish vikings.

And before anyone starts banging on about Brexit, we will continue to participate in European competition much like the blue suede shoes do now.

So don't even start.

biggrin.png

If we weren't in Euro maybe we could bring back the Home Championship then even Scotland would qualify. BOOM TISH!

cheesy.gif

By descent Chic, by descent thumbsup.gif

post-19542-14667479911984_thumb.jpg