Corrections dept insists Erawan shrine bombing suspect Karadag was not beaten up

webfact

Corrections dept insists Erawan shrine bombing suspect was not beaten up

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fqs7KrHMM1O0PVg0UpWj7x4

BANGKOK: -- The Corrections Department has dismissed a claim by Erawan shrine bombing suspect Ardem Karadag that he was beaten up while in prison and said that his act in front of the Criminal Court on Tuesday was intended to grab the attention of the media and human rights groups.

Acting chief of the Corrections Department and deputy justice permanent secretary Kobkiat Kasiwiwat told the Press on Wednesday that the director of the prison’s hospital had thoroughly examined Karadag’s body and didn’t find any traces that would prove that he was tortured or beaten up while in custody at Bangkok special prison.

Karadag complained about food in prison claiming that he was denied halal Muslim food. He also wanted to be transferred from Bangkok special prison to other prison.

However, Mr Kobkiat said that Muslim food was cooked in prison for Karadag and his Uighur accomplice, Mieraili Yusufu.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163846

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-19

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His facial expression is a classic. I am telling bald lies, but I'm a big player, anyone got the stones to question me?

The chances that Karadag has been abused in the Thai prison system is about 100%. Sadly that is far higher than the chances he had anything to do with the Erawan bomb.

Thai officials deny bomb suspect beaten in custody
BY AUKKARAPON NIYOMYAT AND PANARAT THEPGUMPANAT

BANGKOK: -- Thai officials on Wednesday denied that one of two ethnic Uighur Muslims from China accused of involvement in a deadly bombing in Thailand last year was beaten in custody.

Twenty people were killed and more than 120 wounded in the bombing on Aug. 17 at a Hindu shrine and tourist attraction in Bangkok. Five of the dead were from mainland China.

Police have arrested two suspects, Yusufu Mieraili and Adem Karadag, and have issued arrest warrants for 15 others, eight of whom are thought to be either Turkish or in Turkey, according to warrants and police statements.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-blast-idUSKCN0Y91OZ

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-05-19

Seems to me the only defense the lawyers of outside murderers and terrorist's can come up with is I was beaten up. Make no mistake this is nothing more than a diversion to get the public up in arms against the Thai authorities and have the Twitter Facebook TV army to shout they were framed....and already you can sense its working among the know it all gullible already

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Tanlic

As usual and, as is the Koh Tao case, just an assertion from a government official with generally low credibility and a strong motive to lie in a society where 'big people' are allowed to tell whopping lies. Not really worth printing as news.

Also noteworthy is that the defendants' legal aid lawyer had not visited them since January and they claim to have been beaten in prison since then and are now going on trial in a capital case. I wonder what sort of defence he has prepared for them. He earlier told the press one of them was guilty. Whatever they have done they are entitled to a fair trial and humane treatment in prison.

You see it everywhere. The lunatic, Breivik, that massacred 80+ children in Norway and now this guy and his buddy plus many, many others. They commit and allegedly commit acts of mass atrocity that tear apart innocent families .......... and then complain about the food or their human rights and Breiivik was awarded $40K .......

I don't know about you, but in my mind they lost human rights the moment they committed the crime and take what is given.

You see it everywhere. The lunatic, Breivik, that massacred 80+ children in Norway and now this guy and his buddy plus many, many others. They commit and allegedly commit acts of mass atrocity that tear apart innocent families .......... and then complain about the food or their human rights and Breiivik was awarded $40K .......

I don't know about you, but in my mind they lost human rights the moment they committed the crime and take what is given.

Totally agree if they are guilty

It disgusts me how many people in prison viciously assault guards knees and knuckles with their groins. Thankfully most prison guards know how to respond to avoid injuries to themselves by calming the crazed inmates without any need for violence. I believe a favoured method is to lift them gently off the floor and dangle them by the neck with a torn bed sheet or belt.

The police reward has already been paid to the RTP for apprehending the "guilty" persons. There is no going back now from the inevitable outcome otherwise there would be some serious face lost and the reward money might have to be returned. And that scenario would be unthinkable. Sadly, injustice will take it's course.

Its quite possible they were beaten while in prison----but I wouldn't put it (solely) down to the guards, Britain had many years of Erawan shrine bombings,(IRA) A girl I went to school with lost a leg while having a quite drink in the local London pub. Those who were caught-----weren't treated to well by their fellow inmates in Prison also.........................................coffee1.gif

Seems to me the only defense the lawyers of outside murderers and terrorist's can come up with is I was beaten up. Make no mistake this is nothing more than a diversion to get the public up in arms against the Thai authorities and have the Twitter Facebook TV army to shout they were framed....and already you can sense its working among the know it all gullible already

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh, so true!!

Careful not to hurt their feelings though as nobody likes to be told they are gullible.

He has obviously been got at by the HR parrots that know only 1 tactic - I'm surprised that he hasn't mentioned testicles, plastic bags, crocodiles or being thrown in the river fully bound. Just beaten up (with a feather duster presumably) doesn't bring in enough 'band wagon' pundits. Next he will be complaining that it works for others so why not him. Maybe he isn't young and 'angelic looking' enough to attract the sympathy vote.

The police reward has already been paid to the RTP for apprehending the "guilty" persons. There is no going back now from the inevitable outcome otherwise there would be some serious face lost and the reward money might have to be returned. And that scenario would be unthinkable. Sadly, injustice will take it's course.

"Sadly, injustice will take it's course"

So you think that they are innocent then!!

If he is guilty....how does he think "it's ok for me to bomb people to death but not ok for me to beaten up while I'm prison"?

You have completely missed the point and are so wrong on every level.

Absolutely terrifying how, even in a country where the police force is know to be corrupt and useless, so many people just assume someone arrested for a crime is guilty. Like, on a basic level, many people don't care if it's the right person so long as someone gets punished. The Thai justice system is like a black box, and that goes double for these closed military courts. People go in, verdicts come out. How can anyone have any faith in it, one way or another? Maybe these guys are guilty, maybe not. Who knows? Not anyone here that's for sure, and we likely never will for that matter.

Its quite possible they were beaten while in prison----but I wouldn't put it (solely) down to the guards, Britain had many years of Erawan shrine bombings,(IRA) A girl I went to school with lost a leg while having a quite drink in the local London pub. Those who were caught-----weren't treated to well by their fellow inmates in Prison also.........................................coffee1.gif

You're 'spot-on' oxo1947. While I was an administrative detainee at San Pedro Service Processing Center, awaiting deportation from the United States in 2004; if you are familiar with the murders of British Army corporals David Howes and Derek Wood on March 19th, 1988 - well I became acquainted with the man who was first to get to their car and started kicking this vehicle.

Although my acquaintance did not actually murder the two British Army corporals, he shared with me how he was unmercifully beaten by Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) police officers in detention. In fact he was beaten so hard, he had to have ALL his teeth replaced. For what it's worth though oxo1947, my acquaintance was never assaulted by fellow inmates while detained in prison. It was just the RUC and prison guards who would constantly beat him.