EgyptAir flight MS804 disappears from radar on flight from Paris to Cairo

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having flown Egyptair many times for business i am saddened to hear this news .... also not wishing to get into the "race" war , i would assume the majority of the passengers would be Muslim

Followers of Islam do not constitute a race ... all races including Caucasian make up the racial complement of Muslims. Please can we just once not throw out a RACE CARD... Good Grief.

Totally agree. Islam is definitely not a race.

Islamophobia though can be linked to racism in different countries.

Such as if you live in area where most of the Muslims are North African Arabs (for one example) and they are an "other" compared to the native demographic, racism can be seen as a factor in that, even with no anthropological basis to it.

Edited by Jingthing

wouldn't be easy to get a bomb on Board in Paris

Wouldn't had been easy to carry out a major terror act in Paris too...

Many muslims works at the airport.

many Christians, Jews and members of other religions work there too but majority is Christian naturally.

RIP for the victims:( hope at least it is not a terrorist attack.

patience for the families.

Let's keep in mind that Seagram Internationale's imminent and respected investigative journalist Foster Brooks reported the rumored fact that a mysterious invisible caped blue, red, yellow and silver shiny object hovering at a speed of 12 948 MPH (faster than a speeding bullet) with a steady flickering blue light emanating from the rear was seen in that area a mere 48 hours (3 days) ago

Edited by carken

MS804 is missing exact 804 days after MH370 got missed.

Mai 19. 2016 - 804 Days = March 7. 2014

<deleted> !! MH 370 got lost on 8 March 2014

I think the date depends on which side of the international date line one was on when it disappeared. For many, it was March 7th.

TH

MH370 last contact; 16:41 GMT,7 March 2014

MS804 last contact; 0.39am GMT, 19 May 2016

Flight traffic uses the universal time UTC, which is same as GTC. But UTC is not a time zone.

Many news-reports mentioned apart from the local time, GMT as well which was still the 7th.

Edited by alocacoc

MS804 is missing exact 804 days after MH370 got missed.

Mai 19. 2016 - 804 Days = March 7. 2014

<deleted> !! MH 370 got lost on 8 March 2014

I think the date depends on which side of the international date line one was on when it disappeared. For many, it was March 7th.

TH

Agreed, but one could assume the local time at place of origin, in this case Malaysia, will be the date of the incident. If you check the internet, all news papers report it as happened on the 8th

Edited by luckyman

Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos says the EgyptAir flight made abrupt turns, suddenly lost altitude just before vanishing from radar shortly after entering Cairo's air traffic control area of responsibility.

Kammenos said the aircraft was 10-15 miles inside the Egyptian area and at an altitude of 37,000 feet. He says: "It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360- degree turn toward the right, dropping from 38,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet," he said.

http://bigstory.ap.org/fc727f93547b4f97b8813c1ea83c3da1

Crash was 'almost certainly an attack' says expert
Jean-Paul Troadec, the former chief of France’s air accident investigation unit, the BEA, said the disappearance was “almost certainly” caused by “an attack”.
Mr Troadec, one of the most respected names in aviation, said the lack of live emergency alert suggested a “brutal event”.
He told Europe 1 radio station in Paris: “A technical problem, a fire or a failed motor do not cause an instant accident, and the team has time to react.
“The team said nothing, they did not react, so it was very probably a brutal event and we can certainly think about an attack

I wish some of these experts would S T F U.

The only known facts about the incident are that the plane disappeared off radar without communication, and what may be an ELT signal has been detected.

If they have a signal, they can triangulate and home in on it.

They just need some time.

And I'm baffled that someone supposedly involved in aircraft investigations say that a technical problem can't cause an "instant accident"!

Agree though with the multitude of 24 hour running news channels all over the planet they are all desperate for an 'exclusive' or different take on a breaking story so they wheel out a variety of 'experts' to give their take on affairs.

Greek military are saying it slewed to the left then did 360 degree right before plummeting and being lost from radar at 10,000ft

Now thats interesting. The same thing happened in the recent Air Asia crash also an airbus.The pilots accidentally disable the autopilot and then over corrected control input when they grabbed the yoke/stick sending the plane into a fatal spin to the Ocean. Did this happen again?

Having flown Egyptair many times for business i am saddened to hear this news .... also not wishing to get into the "race" war , i would assume the majority of the passengers would be Muslim

Muslim Jihadist's don't care who they kill, especially their own coming from decadent Paris when they should be sitting at home reading the Koran.

Agree though with the multitude of 24 hour running news channels all over the planet they are all desperate for an 'exclusive' or different take on a breaking story so they wheel out a variety of 'experts' to give their take on affairs.

Ain't that the truth!

PPRUNE get swamped at times like this and caution their regular posters against speculating lest any witless hacks are listening and start writing "Experts say......"....

Let's hope that THIS IS NOT another terrorist doing and that the flight will be found to be safe soon....

In the German media The Spiegel is a report that a captain from a cargo ship seen a fireball (explosion) in the sky.

Let's hope that THIS IS NOT another terrorist doing and that the flight will be found to be safe soon....

In the German media The Spiegel is a report that a captain from a cargo ship seen a fireball (explosion) in the sky.

Every airliner crash in history had multiple witnesses reporting a fireball in the sky. It would be more shocking if there was no report of this

Indeed. I was on Egyptair just 10 or so days ago, from Munich to Cairo...a bit hesitant about it after all the problems recently, but it was direct and well-timed, so a considered risk.

Security was tight on that trip: extremely tight in Amsterdam, quite so in Munich but leaving Cairo for BKK, well...4 X-rays but I didn't feel it was very thorough ( as if a casual glance x 4 is better than 1 or 2 closer inspections). Maybe it just appears casual to an untrained eye and is better than I think.

Mechanical or terrorist it's a horrible thing and the situation for Egypt just gets worse and worse.

The Latest: Egyptian minister says no crash cause ruled out

CAIRO (AP) — The latest news on EgyptAir Flight 804 from Paris to Cairo, carrying 66 people, which disappeared early Thursday. (All times are Egyptian.)

2:00 p.m.

Egyptian Civil Aviation Minister Sherif Fathi stresses that Egypt doesn't rule out any possibilities in the crash of the EgyptAir flight including a "terrorist attack."

Speaking in a press conference in Cairo, Fathi says that he insists on saying "missing plane" until debris is found.

___

1:05 p.m.

Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos says the EgyptAir flight made abrupt turns, suddenly lost altitude just before vanishing from radar shortly after entering Cairo's air traffic control area of responsibility.

Kammenos said the aircraft was 10-15 miles inside the Egyptian area and at an altitude of 37,000 feet. He says: "It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360- degree turn toward the right, dropping from 38,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet," he said.

Greek civil aviation authorities say all appeared fine with the flight until the time when air traffic controllers were to hand it over to their Egyptian counterparts. The pilot did not respond to their calls, and the aircraft then vanished from radars. Kammenos' comments are the first indication of what might have happened after the aircraft entered Cairo's air traffic control space.

___

1:00 p.m.

Passengers are preparing to board an EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo, hours after an earlier EgyptAir flight on the same route disappeared over the Mediterranean Sea.

Salama Kordeya, a 66-year-old business traveler, shrugged off journalists asking him whether he was comfortable stepping on to the flight.

He tells journalists: "Thousands of car accidents ... and we use cars. I'm not afraid."

Authorities have set up a special crisis center at Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport for families of passengers of the missing plane.

___

12:50 p.m.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-19

Egypt plane crash: Airbus' A320 is workhorse of the skies

PARIS (AP) — The Airbus A320, the model of the EgyptAir plane that crashed in the Mediterranean on Thursday, is one of the most common planes in service around the world today.
___

Some key facts about it:

Similar to the Boeing 737, the single-aisle, twin-engine jet is used to connect cities that are between one and five hours apart.
___

The A320 is generally considered one of the safest passenger planes in service. Airbus says it has had 11 crashes with fatalities, on top of the Germanwings plane deliberately brought down by co-pilot Andreas Lubitz in March 2015. Overall, the A320 registered just 0.14 fatal accidents per million takeoffs, according to a Boeing safety analysis published last year.
___

The first A320 entered service in 1988.
___

There are nearly 4,000 A320s in operation worldwide.
___

Airbus, a European plane-making group based in Toulouse, France, also makes nearly identical versions of the A320: the smaller A318 and A319 and the stretched A321. The entire fleet has accumulated nearly 180 million flight hours in over 98 million flights.
___

The plane is certified to fly up to 39,000 feet, its maximum altitude before its rate of climb begins to erode. The plane has an absolute flight limit of 42,000 feet.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-19

I am aghast with this.I cant imagine the fear and panic of the people on board.It must be terrible.I have flown all over the world and many times with the same airline.

I left a building sit full of bricks behind me when one flight i was on experienced god awful turbulence.Just 'cos i was a frequent

flyer,never made me a good one..The small question i have is,that it was stated that 69 passengers and crew were on board.Now they are saying 66.What happened to the other three on the roster/passenger list?

There must be a good explanation but this was an enclosed situation.How does a company lose 3 people.

Just asking.

My heart goes out to all those lost and their relatives.

Shalom.

Greek military official says search plane has located two orange items believed to be from the EgyptAir flight.

&

A Greek frigate searching for a missing Egyptair aircraft discovered two large plastic floating objects in a sea area 230 miles south of the island of Crete on Thursday, Greek defence sources said.

Edited by lkv

Listening to various reports on many television channels

in various languages i heard one say ''the last report

from the cockpit was a large bright flash of light in front of

the plane'' i wonder if any one else will report on this...