Egyptian paid $1,000 for five kilogram cocaine delivery worth 15 million baht

webfact

Egyptian paid $1,000 for five kilogram cocaine delivery worth 15 million baht

eg.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- An Egyptian drug mule caught at the airport Wednesday with five kilos of cocaine said he was paid just $1,000 US to deliver the merchandise.

Anwar Mohamed Wahby, 31, told customs officials at Suvarnabhumi that he had got the drugs from a "white skinned woman" in Dubai International Airport. He was meant to deliver the cocaine that was pressed into pellets and contained in a backpack, to someone at door 3 on the second floor of the Bangkok airport reported Thairath.

Instead officials who had noted on a prior occasion that he was a person of interest stopped and searched him after he arrived on an Emirates flight just after midnight. Wahby had previously been spotted behaving suspiciously on a recce trip to Bangkok on the 11th of May.

He said he had been paid a thousand American dollars to bring the drugs to Bangkok. The drugs were in 293 pellets weighing a total of just over 5 kilograms worth an estimated 15.21 million baht. Klong Toey customs officials paraded him with the drugs yesterday.

He was charged with possession and importation of class two drugs with intent to distribute.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-19

Out of the frying pan (Dubai) and into the fire (Thailand) looks like he's another one set for a long stay.hope he brought his toothbrush.you would of thought the bag would of been picked up on X-ray with all them pellets in a bag.

Who was behind door 3, 2nd floor of the airport,

regards worgeordie

They've got an arrest and recovered drugs which allowed for a great photo op so maybe didn't bother checking.

The 2nd floor is, well it's a long way off. gigglem.gif

Real cops would have changed the contains of the backpack and let him proceed while observing him on his way to door 3. But maybe they did not want to discover there is a Thai with mighty influential back ground involved...

"Wahby had previously been spotted behaving suspiciously on a recce trip to Bangkok on the 11th of May."

Hmm, he came to Bangkok for a recce trip on May 11th?

Methinks this guy is a liar and is not a mule at all.

Rather someone who hopes to get a reduced sentence by downplaying his role.

Edited by Bluespunk

"Anwar Mohamed Wahby, 31, told customs officials at Suvarnabhumi that he had got the drugs from a "white skinned woman" in Dubai International Airport. He was meant to deliver the cocaine that was pressed into pellets and contained in a backpack, to someone at door 3 on the second floor of the Bangkok airport"

Yeah, right...

"Anwar Mohamed Wahby, 31, told customs officials at Suvarnabhumi that he had got the drugs from a "white skinned woman" in Dubai International Airport. He was meant to deliver the cocaine that was pressed into pellets and contained in a backpack, to someone at door 3 on the second floor of the Bangkok airport"

Yeah, right...

That door number three can be a real bitch.

Yeah, right...

That door number three can be a real bitch.

Any chance he was confused and it should have been Door 2 on 3rd floor ?

So basically, let the Little Tiddler get caught, while the Blue Whale is being landed somewhere else (frequently)

Everyone wins - Police look good, Government looks good..................

Even the Egyptian doesn't have to live in Egyptian slum squalor anymore. He gets to enjoy Thai jail squalor instead.

Looking great those thai cops!!!???

Once I was flying from Cairo to Brunei carrying sheesha tobacco ...I was requested to put my bag for scanning which I did and was waved through.

I always go out for a fag before proceeding to wherever am going.As I was lighting my ciggy a pkain clothes custom police showed his page asking me to accompany him back in.I protested and refused on the ground I had cleared custom inspection but he informed me that they deliberately let me through for unexplained reason.I went back in to avoid unpleasantness ?? and when they said I have 2 packets over 250gm ?? they will confiscate the tobacco and fine me.I immediately pointed out there was no notification of how many grams are allowed per person plus I am in Thailand on transit therefore they can only keep the packets for safe keeping till i depart???after 15 minutes arguing with 5 of them I was allowed to proceed with my stuff triumphantly ??????Oh,I did threaten them to call the British Press etc etc?

Real cops would have changed the contains of the backpack and let him proceed while observing him on his way to door 3. But maybe they did not want to discover there is a Thai with mighty influential back ground involved...

"Real cops"...yeh ! I've seen them on TV also..."Book him Danno".

You pay what the market is for mules. Here in Thailand some reported police busts have been made where a driver of transport vehicle who was paid 100,000 baht to transport 200 kilo of H from north Thai to Bangkok area. The value of the drug and price to transport same varies for several reasons, demand in area, check points to get there, distance, method of travel/delivery, volume of stock vs shipment, number of shipments going out, routes being used, etc

I have heard from one close to me (daughter) that coke is being given away to intoduce the younger Thai generation to what is proclamed as the hi-so drug of choice. None addictive, cheap, easy to move, and makes you feel like a storm trooper, sexy, etc.

If true I would say South American drug groups are looking for a new market place as they are suffering losses from the good old days of total concentration on the USA market. The mules are cheap, just make sure you have enough mules/shipments that the majority get though so you get repeat orders. I doubt these bas..ds work on the trust of their customers..

wow, that mans life worth a thousand dollars. Must be a very desperate individual indeed

Surprisingly enough a lot of the people that are involved in the drug game aspire to be drug smugglers believing "they" will not get caught.

Quick and easy money, travel and adventure....and....who knows what else they are thinking....but what ever they are thinking...they are wrong and in the end they are the fall guy and caught out doing someone else's dirty work and quickly abandoned by their drug dealing associates.

I surmise, if all of us here had the opportunity to shoot the low life scum bag people that are behind the scenes and orchestrating this kind of drug mule delivery....I am certain a fight would break out to be the first one to shoot the drug dealing parasites....without hesitation.

Sometimes I tend to agree: Death to Drug Dealers

Cheers

Do mules never bolt? I'm thinking you would land in Bkk with 15 million bahts worth of go-fast, then buy a cash ticket in the airport for a plane leaving soon, and again when you reach that destination. End of the day you would have 15 million baht, on a zero investment. I would chose either Norway for my final destination(5 star nicks and high drug prices), or Oz. As a bonus you can be sure the guy that organized your trip, offering a poxy grand, will be kneecapped.