Lockdown at White House after armed man shot at checkpoint

rooster59

Lockdown at White House after armed man shot at checkpoint

post-247607-0-24827800-1463789421_thumb.

The White House was briefly put on lockdown on Friday after a shooting in the surrounding streets while President Obama was away playing golf.

It’s understood Secret Service officers shot and critically wounded an armed male suspect after he brandished a weapon at a security checkpoint. The man shot was taken to hospital with a serious stomach injury.

The US Vice President Joe Biden was in the building at the time of the shooting but neither he nor any staff were injured.

There have been a number of security incidents at the White House in recent years, prompting a massive number of changes to procedures inside and outside the executive complex.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-21

The White House was briefly put on lockdown on Friday after a shooting in the surrounding streets

The US Vice President Joe Biden was in the building at the time of the shooting but neither he nor any staff were injured.

This is well explained reporting. The shooting was in the streets surrounding the White House and therefore Joe Biden and staff were not injured, because they were inside the building and not in the streets. Good job. Now I'm going to watch some TV which I can do because the TV and I are in the same room. clap2.gif