Go VPN but still IP to be recognized

That|s exactly my point. How can I be anonymous and yet I am recognized regardless if I a mail from home or even hot spot on mobile?

How does e.g. ThaiVisa recognise me without an IP address and a friendly government not?

How

Can you elaborate more Soibiker. You are saying that any website I visited before leaving my cooky will recognize me regardless of VPN?

So North Korea would still recognize me as long as I leave cookies. If I switch all cookies off then North Korea would no longer recognize me, right?

But I am a lazy fellow, say my email and password is registered with the New York Times, CNET:CNN and 50 others what happens with them?

I want to become anonymous for North Korea but have unhampered access to New York Times, CNET:CNN etc

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Show him how to use Google, and he can figure out where to find his own bloody fish.

Your words are true to your Avatar.. healthy cynicism , very becoming !!

Edited by THAIPHUKET

If that is the case, i.e. my email is still seen, what is the difference to travelling and logging in from Italy, Romania,Mexico if I remain identifiable?

only identifiable by the sites you log into.

do yourself a favor and do some reading on IP addresses and cookies, only after you will understand what a VPN's function is.

I think the answer to ThaiPuket's question is that cookies and passwords are stored on his computer's hard drive. So while his real location may be hidden by the VPN, his computer still provides the correct log in information.

So if he is signing in/on from a lap top, it doesn't matter where he is in the world, his lap top will use the cookie to make his bank's site (for example) recognize him and provide his user name and password. Or he might have set his browser to remember log-ins, in which case it provides the information

Haven't these questions really not been answered after your first thread on the VPN topic???

despite use of VPN my IP address is recognized

You are NOT recognized by your IP address!

And changing IP does not mean you are not recognized.

Complete misconception (as in the other thread).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Simply put a VPN creates a Tunnel, usually encrypted, from your Computer to a Server somewhere else in the World.

All traffic up to this Server is protected.

If the VPN Company does not Log any information about their Users then nobody will be able to say that this is You, nor will anybody be able to see your data.

This is important if you do Internet Banking etc.

After your Traffic leaves the Server at the remote end all is normal Internet traffic.

However you will be given an IP Address from the location of that Remote Server.

This is useful if you want to appear to be in another Country.

In this way you can buy things in the US where it is cheaper to do so or watch Geo Restricted TV etc.

All very useful stuff.

If you log into specific pages that is no problem, however it is possible that your mail Server is flagging you as for them it is not possible distinguish why you log in from Thailand and then 1 hour later from the US.

So they might block your mailbox until you unblock it again.

So best only check your mails from one location...

Hope this helps.

Noise is right. That was the issue I want to have a better understanding, without any paranoia. Simply, to know what I am dealing with

Oversimplifiying a little bit, when you use a vpn you are anonymous right up until the moment when you login to a website, whether manually or automatically. At that point you have identified yourself to that website, for instance, your bank. But the bank doesn't know where you are, a fact which they can usually determine by the return ip address on every packet of data you send them. (They have to have this return ip address so that the packets that make up their response can get routed back to you.) They see the ip address provided to you by the vpn service which is going to be the ip address of one of their computers located elsewhere, e.g. Los Angeles.

Sometimes you might not want to identify yourself to a website. Sometimes, as with your US bank, you definitely do want to identify yourself, but perhaps not your current location.