Pink ID Card

HullyGully

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes,got mine a few days ago at San Sai, you need to go after 3.00,they close 4,30

take yellow book,passport,wife's blue book,ID card,they also need your blood group,

cost 60 Thb,10 Thb for little pouch to keep it in.if you don,t have wife,you may have

to take landlord(not sure about that)

regards Worgeordie

Yes,got mine a few days ago at San Sai, you need to go after 3.00,they close 4,30

take yellow book,passport,wife's blue book,ID card,they also need your blood group,

cost 60 Thb,10 Thb for little pouch to keep it in.if you don,t have wife,you may have

to take landlord(not sure about that)

regards Worgeordie

Thx for the advice

It says "General Alien", alone that is worth it smile.png

I don't want the responsibility of a General. Could I get the rank of Captain?

Nothing wrong with it. Wear a Darth Vader outfit next time you apply for an extension.

Never heard of this before, also tried searching TV for "pink ID card" & "alien ID card" no results.

Can anyone give any "useful" information on this item.

Official Thai name, does it have any advantages over driving licence or yellow book as ID.

Thanks

Never heard of this before, also tried searching TV for "pink ID card" & "alien ID card" no results.

Official Thai name, does it have any advantages over driving licence or yellow book as ID.

Thanks

Google or TV Search below

post-145917-0-78830300-1463969092_thumb.

post-145917-0-44287400-1463969479_thumb.

Thanks

When you get a yellow book you get a Thai ID number in the yellow book , it is as it says a ID card. No it does not replace the yellow book

• 2 weeks later...

today I went to the office in mae rim where I got my yellow tabian baan n where the thais get their i/d cards, within 30 min I had been fingerprinted, photographed , relieved of 120 baht and was on my way with my new pink I/d card in my hand, no probs ( my thai g/f who has a blue tabian baan for the same address had to fill in a form as well).

today I went to the office in mae rim where I got my yellow tabian baan n where the thais get their i/d cards, within 30 min I had been fingerprinted, photographed , relieved of 120 baht and was on my way with my new pink I/d card in my hand, no probs ( my thai g/f who has a blue tabian baan for the same address had to fill in a form as well).

People are paying to be finger-printed, photographed and put on the computer? In the UK people have always fought to avoid having a compulsory id card and the need to always have it with you, as well as being under surveillance and documented in the system. Although it's hard to avoid, and in practice it does exist, I doubt if anyone would voluntarily apply for these cards and being registered in such a manner, unless of course they come to live here, in which case they can't get them quick enough or let everybody know about it at the first opportunity. After 20+ years here, I don't even have a yellow book. I never saw the need for one, and since it involves dealing with bureaucracy, I'll give it a miss, thanks.

How does this being treated like a criminal benefit anyone exactly?

Me? I'm not a number, I'm a free man!!

post-181944-0-41313700-1464868789_thumb.

A couple of good reasons, 1- then you have no legal need to carry your passport around with you, 2- no need to get a residency cert every time you want to buy or sell a vehicle. Another is it sends a signal to those in authority you have nothing to hide. You suggest no reason to subscribe to such a card unless you live here, if you took the time to read my post correctly you would see it was only available to those with permenant residency or a tabian baan which gives your residency details, thus not available to those who don't live here !

A couple of good reasons, 1- then you have no legal need to carry your passport around with you, 2- no need to get a residency cert every time you want to buy or sell a vehicle. Another is it sends a signal to those in authority you have nothing to hide. You suggest no reason to subscribe to such a card unless you live here, if you took the time to read my post correctly you would see it was only available to those with permenant residency or a tabian baan which gives your residency details, thus not available to those who don't live here !

If you feel you need one, and you want one, that's fine by me, I merely pointed out that whilst most people usually hate the idea of being 'in the system', never mind finger-printed, it seems to me that some people here can't them quick enough. I have no need for one, and I avoid Thai bureaucracy as much as I can. I've never been finger-printed in my life, and I don't have a need to start now.

I didn't suggest that there is no reason to get one unless you live here, so I don't know where you got that idea from. I'm fully aware of who qualifies, but never mind, no big deal. I liked the 'nothing to hide' signal bit, that gave me a little chuckle.

I wonder who will be first in line when electronic tags are on offer? I'm sure we'll hear of it here, first.

BTW, although I generally have a point to make, I do, as you may have noticed, occasionally take the piss, but not too harshly. Since you're new here, I thought I'd let you know, as you seem a little sensitive (nothing wrong with that).

If you feel you need one, and you want one, that's fine by me, I merely pointed out that whilst most people usually hate the idea of being 'in the system', never mind finger-printed, it seems to me that some people here can't them quick enough. I have no need for one, and I avoid Thai bureaucracy as much as I can. I've never been finger-printed in my life, and I don't have a need to start now.

I didn't suggest that there is no reason to get one unless you live here, so I don't know where you got that idea from. I'm fully aware of who qualifies, but never mind, no big deal. I liked the 'nothing to hide' signal bit, that gave me a little chuckle.

I wonder who will be first in line when electronic tags are on offer? I'm sure we'll hear of it here, first.

BTW, although I generally have a point to make, I do, as you may have noticed, occasionally take the piss, but not too harshly. Since you're new here, I thought I'd let you know, as you seem a little sensitive (nothing wrong with that).

I remember quite a while ago you reported you were unable to get a yellow book,the officials were

messing you about,so in the end you did not bother,without the yellow book,you would not be able

to apply for a Pink ID card,anyway,but as you don't want one,it's not a problem.

relax Countryman

I remember quite a while ago you reported you were unable to get a yellow book,the officials were

messing you about,so in the end you did not bother,without the yellow book,you would not be able

to apply for a Pink ID card,anyway,but as you don't want one,it's not a problem.

relax Countryman

It's good to see that some people are listening! At that time, I basically needed the yellow book because immigration stopped issuing Proof of Residence completely, and since the good old British Consul was charging about 2000 baht for you to tell them where you lived I decided that a yellow book would be cheaper in the short and long run. Fortunately, I not only ended up not needing the proof of residence, but I discovered that my work permit was acceptable for POR.

I don't know if you remember that the woman in my tessabaan office was really taking the piss with, you need this, then you need this, then , oh don't you have that? In the end, not now needing the thing I was able to give her a bollocking (or rather a stern telling off) for having given me the runaround, and I practically got a round of applause from the Thais still waiting who had, presumably, been getting a similar treatment.

relax Countryman

Saluandnai didn't mention a yellow book.

I have seen reports (other provinces I admit) where people were getting issued these without yellow books and possibly not even on extensions.

Also as this has no indication of visa status on them I find the idea that it negates having a passport on hand a bit questionable.

I have seen reports (other provinces I admit) where people were getting issued these without yellow books and possibly not even on extensions.

Also as this has no indication of visa status on them I find the idea that it negates having a passport on hand a bit questionable.

At a police check-point or in a raid, the pinkun' will not say anything about your visa status and as such will be inadequate. I don't think you need a yellow book to get one, probably because they're falling over themselves to give you one and to get you all deeper in the system, fingerprints and all. Before you know it, they'll be asking you for bank account details and which media sites you use.

Oh look, I've got a Thai ID card!! Well, an alien card, but it's in Thai and it's got my photo on it!

You've got to laugh.

At a police check-point or in a raid, the pinkun' will not say anything about your visa status and as such will be inadequate. I don't think you need a yellow book to get one, probably because they're falling over themselves to give you one and to get you all deeper in the system, fingerprints and all. Before you know it, they'll be asking you for bank account details and which media sites you use.

Oh look, I've got a Thai ID card!! Well, an alien card, but it's in Thai and it's got my photo on it!

You've got to laugh.

Yellow Book was a prerequisite to obtaining the farang ID card at our Amphur office. Passport or other ID was not looked at. Boss man with all the stripes even invited us into his sanctum to wait while camera gear was raised to 6' and chatted fluently in English. No fingerprints and no charge.

If it saves me from carrying and/or returning with bulkier ID at some point it is worth having.

I got the pink card in Hang Dong Amphur less than 2 weeks ago. They did fingerprints with a print reader. Cost 70 baht. Yellow house registration submitted with application.

I am also fingerprinted with a reader when I enter Thailand through an airport.

Archived