Display Motorcycle Sticker

krey

What is the official rule on the sticker, I been keeping it under my seat and never had a problem being pulled over several times in the past

until today where I was written up a 200 baht fine for it.

That is correct, it is supposed to be on display. Lots of options in how to do so...I also have a photo of it on my cellphone in case someone else has a greater need and swipes/borrows/steals the original from my bike.

NZ has a similar law in regards to Warrants of Fitness and I believe the UK has the MOT.

I do the same, haven't been pulled up for it so far. Thanks for the info. Official rule probably is to display it at all times.

yeah i probably been pulled over at least 15 times in the past over the years , trips etc... always had the paper work and license and helmet, always kept sticker in my seat.. guess i got that one cop that wanted to enforce the rule, he was looking all over my bike trying to find something, and it seems he found it:)

I keep a color copy on display near my license plate (in one of the clear plastic holders sold at Tesco) and keep the original in my wallet. There's no way you could tell it's a copy unless it was removed from the case, and I've never had an issue.

I lost an original one years ago (someone pulled it off the bike, I believe) and I've been using the copy since then as it was a hassle replacing it (it involved a trip to the police station to file a report, which was required by the Land Transportation Office) As I have the original in my possession should I ever need it, I can't see using a copy being a problem.

Edited by flare

can't see using a copy being a problem.

Hopefully copying them isnt illegal itself

I have copies of all the paperwork for my bikes and car- green books, tax discs, insurance documents, whatever. It's possible displaying a copy might be illegal, but, as I would have the original in my possession if necessary and the policeman would actually have to unscrew my license plate to access the holder (plus the fact I'd show the original before it came to that), the possible consequences aren't keeping me up nights.;)

Had that BiB in Phra Khanong once, who was happy to accept some small donation after driving on the right lane, what a bike is somehow not allowed to use. Opened the seat and put the donation inside. Cop saw the tax sticker in there and waived it through the air, put it back, took the donation and the sun was shining again :).

It does not have to be visible, but you have to be able to show it at all times when riding.

This has been discussed here a zillion times already.

well I got a ticket for it not being visible. I easily produced it from my seat, and it wasn't a 200 bribe it was a 200 baht ticket that I had to go to pay.

Edited by krey

i also do a colour photocopy and have it screwed to the number plate in one of those round plastic holders; almost impossible to tell if it is the original or not. i keep the orginal stapled to the back page of the green book.

it is good to keep it on display as sometimes the cops just wander around to see if it is up-to-date or not. if they can't see it then they ask, which means pulling you to the side and maybe a chance of a small complication becoming a bigger one by 'finding' something else wrong.

It does not have to be visible, but you have to be able to show it at all times when riding.

This has been discussed here a zillion times already.

Really ? I was told by a Thai guy that the plastic tubes were also illegal because the whole thing needed to be visible all the time.

Down my way I usually lift my sun visor and get waved through because they fear to loose face talking in English. I think, as westerners we get away with a little more in some places - not in BKK though.

• 3 weeks later...