Agony Aunties And Uncles

bannork

I've noticed the recent proliferation of sad stories of broken hearts and emptied wallets from contributors, it does make for depressing and monotonous readings for those of us who seek variety on the general forum page.

Would the moderators please consider a separate forum in an agony aunt's style format where the distressed can seek advice for their emotional and financial woes.

Perhaps a moderator in the caring mode such as Meadish Sweetball could run it with fellow members offer well-meaning advice.

There could be follow-ups months later to see if the sufferers have improved with back-up advice.

Yours wearily,

Bannork

I've noticed the recent proliferation of sad stories of broken hearts and emptied wallets from contributors, it does make for depressing and monotonous readings for those of us who seek variety on the general forum page.

Would the moderators please consider a separate forum in an agony aunt's style format where the distressed can seek advice for their emotional and financial woes.

Perhaps a moderator in the caring mode such as Meadish Sweetball could run it with fellow members offer well-meaning advice.

There could be follow-ups months later to see if the sufferers have improved with back-up advice.

Yours wearily,

Bannork

Great idea. Send them to another forum. Mods?

In the past some of the most respected members on this forum have posted asking for advice on relationships, much of the advice given in return is well thought out and considerate.

It is certain that many members read the advice and broaden their own perspective on life with Thais.

The suggestion that such posts should be pushed to an agony aunt column may have merrits, perhaps the family forum might be more fitting.

But there is certainly no need to deny these posters the right to ask for advice on TV. Many, as I noted above, are respected members of this forum and I suspect coming here for the advice of people they themselves respect.

Sort of along the lines of GuestHouse's idea, I think a Relationships forum would be a great addition to the board. A place where people could talk about good and bad points of their relationships with their Thai partner, seek advice, give encouragement, etc.

I've noticed the recent proliferation of sad stories of broken hearts and emptied wallets from contributors

Could the reason be that a certain other web-site isn't open for business at the moment? :D

Not wishing to be contentious but I had similar feelings, it does make for woeful reading :o

The way I see it is that so many of the posters are very nieve, and they lay themselves open for constant attack from smartass members.

The threads seem to degenerate..nobody knows if the OP is genuine or not..and who can tell?

Someone wanting a bit of fun can easily do this here, and waste a lot of time for people who genuinley want to help these poor unfortunates, not knowing if they are making the story up or not.

How can Admin weed out the Trolls?

On the other hand there is that perverse sense of relief one gets when reading these posts that you can only say "Christ, I am glad thats not me, or I am glad I am not THAT stupid"

It is a quandry for sure, but I really don't think there is a need for a seperate forum...these posts are really like busses..none for ages then they all arrive at once!!

Give it a week and it will be the same old same old

TP

Invitation for trolls I reckon. :o

People with realtionship problems should just PM me.

Maybe a sticky of PMing Donz in the general forum about realtionship advise would be a good idea

the prosecution rests, mi'lord.

:D:D:D:D:D

If it looks like a rose and smells like a rose..................................

• 1 month later...

Invitation for trolls I reckon. :o

But at least the trolls will be limited to that forum, denying them a wider audience and satisfaction. At present they're getting their kicks from a much larger forum, the general topics one.

Bump. :D

Seconded I reckon. although there are some seemingly genuine topics opened from time to time, they suffer as ThaiPauly suggested in a post above, but I dunno if Bannork is perhaps alliterating more to the past half dozen threads opened within a week or less about the merits of love, and marriage.. :D

:o