Can you have two SIMs for the same number (prepaid) ?

Just wonder if Thai providers give you the chance to have two SIM cards for the same number - any experiences anyone ?

In my case it should be the TRUE company. Want to use it in several devices and a MiniWiFi device too, for some reason not too keen on tethering all the time (just to let you know I am aware of the tethering option)

I think all three major service providers offer, or they certainly have in the past, this service, commonly referred to as "Multi SIM", which allows up to five SIMs associated with the same number.

Maybe check with TrueMove H for availability? I couldn't find anything on their web-site, but assume it's there somewhere.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/en/package.aspx?id=5&type=mobile_sim

http://www.dtac.co.th/business/en/products/view/18

I am using a multi sim service from AIS. But you can only use one same at the time. If you want change the sim you have to activate the second one and the first one gets inactivated automatically.

But I think all SIMs can support mobile data simultaneously, as that is the primary application and the one which the OP seems to be looking for.

There are services for supporting multiple numbers on a single SIM as well.

You may have a second SIM from DTAC but it is a separate phone number so is a different account

If you are referring to me my second sim is data only on the same account with the same number but cannot make or receive calls.

The reason. I know it's the same number is that my KBank app works and that is tied to the registered phone number otherwise you try to use it with a different sim/number it won't work.

With Multi-SIM service, be it from AIS, DTAC or TrueMove H, you can have up to five (5) SIMs associated with a single account/number.

Only one (1) SIM can be active at any time, for voice/SMS, but in some cases you may be able to deactivate one SIM and reactivate another SIM for voice/SMS, on the fly.

All five SIMs can be provisioned for mobile data.

Obviously, you can have multiple SIMs from the same provider, all with different numbers.

And, I think you can have multiple numbers (again, up to five) associated with a single SIM - although a quick search did not reveal this service offering anywhere here. This would only work for incoming calls, and might utilize something as simple as automatic call-forwarding.

You could probably also set this up yourself, understanding that you would be billed for the forwarded call at prevailing rates.

Example: DTAC call forwarding codes:

All calls (Forward All Call):.
- Activate (subscription) : * 21 * [destination number] * 11 #.
- Retain & Cancel (cancel and stored in the system) : * # 21 # 11.
- Re-establish (subscribe again recorded information) : * 21 * 11 #.
- Cancel & Forget (cancel and delete data from your system) : ## 21 * 11 #.
- Status (status): * 21 * # 11 #.
Forwarding when busy (If Busy):.
- Activate (subscription) : * 67 * [destination number] * 11 #.
- Retain & Cancel (cancel and stored in the system) : * # 67 # 11.
- Re-establish (subscribe again recorded information) : * 67 * 11 #.
- Cancel & Forget (cancel and delete data from your system) : ## 67 * 11 #.
- Status (status): * 67 * # 11 #.
When not transfer the call (If no answer):.
- Activate (subscription) : * 61 * [destination number] 11 [the number of seconds required].
- Retain & Cancel (cancel and stored in the system) : * # 61 # 11.
- Re-establish (subscribe again recorded information) : * 61 * 11 #.
- Cancel & Forget (cancel and delete data from your system) : ## 61 * 11 #.
- Status (status): * 61 * # 11 #.
Transfer on or off signal (If Unreachable):.
- Activate (subscription): * 62 * [destination number] * 11 #.
- Cancel & Retain (canceled and stored in the system): * # 62 # 11.
- Re-establish (subscribe again recorded information): * 62 * 11 #.
- Cancel & Forget (cancel and delete data from your system): ## 62 * 11 #.
- Status (status): * 62 * # 11 #.
* Fee based promotions are used.
* Fees base on user promotion

Archived