2 weeks in pattaya budget

khunUK

Hey!

So I have a mate visiting me in thailand. We want to go to pattaya and bangkok . Also take in a few islands around Pattaya.

Would 80k baht be enough for 2 weeks in Pattaya and Bangkok ?

cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange question as you appear to live here the way it's worded, and therefore I'd expect you to already have a fairly good idea.

Anyhow, you plan to do some traveling, meaning you'll have traveling expenses and accommodation to cover.

Without knowing anything else about your plans, but presuming you want to eat in decent restaurants, go out for drinks most nights, and possibly enjoy some late night (or afternoon) companionship, I'd say 140K (10K / day) would be a safer guess.

Two? persons with 80k, 14 days?

Will you live in one hotel room?

At least 20000 for proper accommodation (depending on how long Bangkok vs. Pattaya).

Leaves 60k.

About 4k per day for two persons? (not even considering travel cost).

Quite tight!

I am quite tightfisted, but 2k per day in Pattaya is meager.

Don't go through the wrong doors.

Bangkok even harder.

Edited by KhunBENQ

80K is more than enough under the follwing rules:

Hotel no more than 1200-1500 b a day

No barfining go go girls...stick to bar beer and discos.

Never tell a lady its your first time here...pretend you work in Bangers or Chiangmai, make up a job and its location beforehand because they will ask details.

Keep your bedroom allowance in check...a lot of guys lose it at the sight of the first sexy thing....no more tham 1,000 LT is my rule. 1,500 tops. But when you find someone you like, it helps to be a bit generous with treating them to meals, drinks etc.

No 1500 lobster at every meal...normal restaurants are very reasonable, even in Central.

I usually take around 80K for 2 weeks and return with 25K or so unspent.

Edited by JHolmesJr

80K is more than enough under the follwing rules:

Hotel no more than 1200-1500 b a day

No barfining go go girls...stick to bar beer and discos.

Never tell a lady its your first time here...pretend you work in Bangers or Chiangmai, make up a job and its location beforehand because they will ask details.

Keep your bedroom allowance in check...a lot of guys lose it at the sight of the first sexy thing....no more tham 1,000 LT is my rule. 1,500 tops. But when you find someone you like, it helps to be a bit generous with treating them to meals, drinks etc.

No 1500 lobster at every meal...normal restaurants are very reasonable, even in Central.

I usually take around 80K for 2 weeks and return with 25K or so unspent.

1500 a night hotel, 1500 a day LT = 42,000.

That's without traveling expenses, eating out, drinking, sundries, etc.

If you actually want to enjoy the above as a holiday, 80k is going to be very tight.

Is that 80,000 each or for 2 - - do you mate with your mate? or are you looking to mate elsewhere? Sharing a hotel room?

Hotel and travel expenses and food are not that expensive, depending on the level of travel - - most of your expenses will likely be in having fun... and so, as most of these questions, you will likely spend what you can afford... if you are young backpackers, doing it on the cheap, sure - you can get away with it... best answer is that for most people, the more they have the more they have to enjoy...

Have fun..

impossible question to answer without knowing the people doing the spending. i know a multi millionaire (£) who will get by on 800baht a day and another <deleted> who spent £6000 on a rough tart in 1 week.... whos doing the spending?

Quite stupid question I must say!

If you have a budget...live after that, no one can tell you how mush you gonna spend,

I see crazy people, spend more than 10,000 in just a evening in a BAR.lol

it depend if you gonna use your brain or not, when you are in Pattaya ;-)

I live on 30,000 a mount But OK not in Pattaya ;-)

Good luck and have fun!

More than enough but entertainment is open ended. I have seen some members of the

two week millionaire brigade spend that in a night at a single bar. rolleyes.gif

If you have a budget...live after that

Exactly to the point ! tongue.png

"It depends" is another standard answer.

Sure you can do two weeks with 80k if you watch your budget and don't spend like the high rollers.

BTW: I think it's time to wait for the OP to come back!

Edited by KhunBENQ

You need only 500-600 baht per day for very nice aircon. room with wifi and satellite TV near the sea ,in great location.

If you eat Thai food 200-300 baht is more than enough per day.If not ,double sum.

If you go to KOH LARN ,ship is 60 baht,both direction.

So you do not need for basic,but leisure life for 14 days more than 12000 baht.

Transportation is 10 baht songtew !Very cheap!

For 1000 baht per day ,you can "rent" young women every day if you like,hehehe

A post has been removed:

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Cheapest watering hole Pattaya -- coconuts bar

Cheapest girls Pattaya --coconuts bar

Cheapest watering hole Bangkok--Me 4 U bar soi 8 ?

or failing that 7-11 steps

Cheapest girls--the beer garden

the stupid question creates more questions than answers... thanks for wasting everyone's time... sheeesh

I would start at a 10KTHB budget for one person to be comfortable enough and have some fun, and that's not a lot of fun if you want sexy girls hangin off your appendages

Just had a friend of a friend book 30 days (and pay for it) at a Pattaya hotel for 9,500 baht per night. Takes all kinds. The Moonshine Joint in Jomtien is still 450 baht a night but the guests appeared to be all Thai now. A decent hotel will now run 1,000 to 1,500 a night and will include breakfast.- lots of them around in good areas withing walking disrance of the night spots.

Quite stupid question I must say!

If you have a budget...live after that, no one can tell you how mush you gonna spend,

I see crazy people, spend more than 10,000 in just a evening in a BAR.lol

it depend if you gonna use your brain or not, when you are in Pattaya ;-)

I live on 30,000 a mount But OK not in Pattaya ;-)

Good luck and have fun!

Must a very special mount at 30.000 biggrin.png

I haven't lived in Pattaya for the last 8-9 years but visit from Issan a few times a year-----Is coconuts bar cheaper than "Sailor Inn" Soi 8.....The food & drink there is very cheap.... Beer always 45--55 baht---Vodka gin etc always 55---65 baht Thai Whiskey 20 baht....Breakfast (Eggs bacon toast coffee sausage etc) 60 baht.....found that the girls are not exactly knock-outs...but when I limp in there with my walking stick & flat hat...........(maybe they feel the same way about me) .........coffee1.gif

Disclaimer----No I have no shares or interest in the bar----always thought it was German owned as menu is in 2 languages.....but last time there some one told me the other language was Norwegian. Its on the corner of what used to be the Immigration office for pattaya....Is now the Immigration jail....so 15 years ago we all used to troops down there so often for the visa If you just gave them the standard gratuity they would say come back in an hour....so then --go & wait in the bar.

Where is the coconuts bar ??????

post-10158-1299587021.jpg

Edited by oxo1947

It's really a rubber-band question, because it's so depending of life-style.

80k baht can be more than enough, and also disappear in a few days.

Take 80,000 baht / 14 days, that equals 5,700 baht a day – for 2 males..? If that's so, you may need 2 rooms for privacy, in case you invite somebody to your room, so at least when that's a possibility, and so I see very little left for food and drinks and all the other stuff, in the daily allowance. I would think that in today's prices you should count 4k to 5k per person, and not stay in too luxury places, or visit expensive entertainment (lobster restaurants and go-go bars and...) for anything else than window-shopping; alternatively cut the expensive fun to a few days only and save-up the others, for example not bringing extra "luggage" to the islands...

I wish you all the best for having great fun...thumbsup.gif

I haven't lived in Pattaya for the last 8-9 years but visit from Issan a few times a year-----Is coconuts bar cheaper than "Sailor Inn" Soi 8.....The food & drink there is very cheap.... Beer always 45--55 baht---Vodka gin etc always 55---65 baht Thai Whiskey 20 baht....Breakfast (Eggs bacon toast coffee sausage etc) 60 baht.....found that the girls are not exactly knock-outs...but when I limp in there with my walking stick & flat hat...........(maybe they feel the same way about me) .........coffee1.gif

Disclaimer----No I have no shares or interest in the bar----always thought it was German owned as menu is in 2 languages.....but last time there some one told me the other language was Norwegian. Its on the corner of what used to be the Immigration office for pattaya....Is now the Immigration jail....so 15 years ago we all used to troops down there so often for the visa If you just gave them the standard gratuity they would say come back in an hour....so then --go & wait in the bar.

Where is the coconuts bar ??????

post-10158-1299587021.jpg

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2010/Coconut-Bar-Pattaya.htm

Thanks mcFish.........so its not a bar....... you cant buy food or drink........ Does that mean I win..???

Small victories mean so much to us old folk.................wub.png

& to the OP-----Yes Two people can live as cheaply as one here,.......................... for half as long.

Thanks mcFish.........so its not a bar....... you cant buy food or drink........ Does that mean I win..???

Small victories mean so much to us old folk.................wub.png

& to the OP-----Yes Two people can live as cheaply as one here,.......................... for half as long.

Sure you can. people riding bikes with esky on the back come past every 5 mins with icy cold beer and snacks. Great place to watch the sun set over the ocean

You need only 500-600 baht per day for very nice aircon. room with wifi and satellite TV near the sea ,in great location.

If you eat Thai food 200-300 baht is more than enough per day.If not ,double sum.

You must be Russian, But hey u didnt include sitting outside 7~11 with a bottle of Chang. ???

You gotta be kidding. You're 15 years to late with your post. Are you from Novosibirsk?

Edited by lostinisaan

You gotta be kidding. You're 15 years to late with your post. Are you from Novosibirsk?

Why? he said near the sea, not waterfront. wi fi, cable and A/C are standard in countless 500 baht rooms. Plenty of places selling Thai food at 50-70 baht a dish and even central world food court does the same. 10 baht is right for baht bus

Can you explain the 15 year gap because I dont get it ?

Edited by mcfish

You must be Russian, But hey u didnt include sitting outside 7~11 with a bottle of Chang. ???

No,I am not Russian and I do not like a beer!

I am from European Union and I am high educated and live in Bangkok and with my Thai wife often visit Pattaya and Jomtien cos. we have small condo there(Jomtien)as well!

I have good income(high middle class) and just write true.Mostly men with low income from Europe,USA and Australia spend a lot for very low quality of life in pubs,bars and with bar women!

Sometime I feel pity for many uneducated tourist ,mainly man,which spend small fortune over the night for "nothing".Really sad!

Most rich people as I know here,does not spend money in bars here and spend less than 1500 baht per day!

A couple of posts have been removed

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.