Police arrest Khao Sarn restaurant manager who punched a British tourist

snoop1130

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the thai criminals wanted to charge 700 baht for a cocktail, so 2 time the price of a room (what they did pour in the cocktail to be so expensive?)

If you look at the story it was plural cocktails, there was an s on the end, meaning there was more than one of them

so i believe less and less this story. When you go to bar, you order several drinks at the same time?

As i said, we just have one side of the story, and when you know that several tourists are assaulted in this area every month, we know who are the real criminals.

Kao san road, is suffering from loss of customer( chinese dont go there), the thai criminal certainly wanted to scam the british guy...

So why weren't the drinks paid for by somebody in the group when the guy went into the toilet? The fact the Thai cops brought the owner in isn't good. Normally if you know anything about business here the police side with the owner.

last week, the police in pattaya were begging the thai locals to stop beating the farangs. They start, slowly to understand kicking the women farangs in the head is not good for business.

Because one day foreigners will completely aware how dangerous this country is.

Edited by Bender

and the thai criminals wanted to charge 700 baht for a cocktail, so 2 time the price of a room (what they did pour in the cocktail to be so expensive?)

If you look at the story it was plural cocktails, there was an s on the end, meaning there was more than one of them

so i believe less and less this story. When you go to bar, you order several drinks at the same time?

As i said, we just have one side of the story, and when you know that several tourists are assaulted in this area every month, we know who are the real criminals.

Kao san road, is suffering from loss of customer( chinese dont go there), the thai criminal certainly wanted to scam the british guy...

I think the Brit was offended because he could use the toilet , so as a way of showing off, he order numerous drinks ( as a show of power) , then to show how clever and superior he was, he walked out smugly without paying and after being confronted, he threw 20 Baht into the Thai guys face , once again to show how superior he was .

"No one stops me from using a toilet"

There was a similar thread recently where a felang guy went into Subway to order a sandwich and he felt that someone pushed in ahead of him in the queue and they served him first and to show his disgust, he ordered five large sandwiches costing over 1000 Baht and then said that he needed to go and get his wallet to pay and he never went bck

You are really making a lot of assumptions now. It makes you look stupid. What we know was that an assault occured that was serious enough that the owner of a Khao San road establishment was called into the police station for further questioning.

As far as the Subway story goes there could be charges to be filed but nobody assaulted that individual.

Edited by anotheruser

Throwing money into peoples faces and throwing a punch in a persons face are quite similar, they are both assault .

Knowing how affectionate Thais are too their King and knowing the strict Les Majeste laws , its really not a good idea to go throwing 20 Bahts around, which have an image of the King on it

This is quite simply nonsense.

Which bit is nonsense ?

Throwing something into a persons face is assault, they were just two different objects .

The latter, I just gave a possibility, so that cannot be nonsense .and the Thai Les Majeste laws are quite open to interpretations

The severity of the assault is one instance in which they are differentiated by law. The lesse Majeste laws are also not subject to enforcement by a private bar manager. Although your claims of this are quite laughable.

Edited by anotheruser

You are really making a lot of assumptions now. It makes you look stupid. What we know was that an assault occured that was serious enough that the owner of a Khao San road establishment was called into the police station for further questioning.

As far as the Subway story goes there could be charges to be filed but nobody assaulted that individual.

Most of what I wrote are facts from the story .

Its quite easy to fill the gaps in as to why he acted in the way he did .

Why didnt the felang guy just walk away and go somewhere else?

Why did he have to use that particular toilet ?

Why didnt he just order one drink ?

Why did he throw the money into his face

It seems obvious to me

The severity of the assault is one instance in which they are differentiated by law. The lesse Majeste laws are also not subject to enforcement by a private bar manager. Although your claims of this are quite laughable.

Anotheruser dont waste your time with this guy(luke ), most of what he wrote is complete utter baloney. He is just a waste of internet bandwidth...

As I said the only thing clear is the owner was taken to the station. Nobody can fill in the gaps. I own a business in this part of the world and if the drinks hadn't been poured, you just tell the person to go away. You could even be benevolent and give them to other customers. They really are no cause for violence. From the pictures and as far as I can tell the owner of the bar was summoned to the police station on allegations of assault. Perhaps he should have just let the guy use the toilet and that would have been that.

i dont believe this story, we just have one side of the story.

And thats probably a publicity stunt : the thai police just try to portray thai people like the victim of the bad farang

Not knowing the full detail, but there is a BS smell to this story! I'm not use to seeing Brits drinking cocktails, more often than not you see them shirtless sucking down beers... Maybe this Brit was one of the more refined types, not that often seen in Thailand. Maybe it's just best to stereotype these two as Dumb and Dumber.

Yes, I agree. I applaud the police for taking action and saying assaulting a foreigner has become unacceptable. If the foreigner ran out on drinks I assume the police will levy the appropriate charges. This is how Thailand can grow into a civil society. If you don't feel this way God forbid you ever rent a jet ski, take a tuk tuk in Phuket or orgasm.

Yes, I agree. I applaud the police for taking action and saying assaulting a foreigner has become unacceptable. If the foreigner ran out on drinks I assume the police will levy the appropriate charges. This is how Thailand can grow into a civil society. If you don't feel this way God forbid you ever rent a jet ski, take a tuk tuk in Phuket or orgasm.

I do not agree with anyone assaulting anyone else .

But I do think that everyone should be treated equally, I dont think that felangs should get special treatment .

I am quite certain that the Thai guy wouldnt have had any action taken against him, had the other guy been a Thai .

This is another episode of Thais getting harsh treatment, just because the other guy was a felang .

This has happened numerous times recently

watch the video, the restaurant manager has problems and whoever had the brilliance to employ him in a public position is probably paying the price right now. and dont forget, the news item only gives one side of the story and he doesnt look a very credible witness to me

You are right a Thai would have got his faced kicked in. The question is, should that be the case? I really don't condone violence but you seem to think it is a solutiion.

Please read the first sentence of the my post two below yours

"I do not agree with anyone assaulting anyone else ."