Police arrest Khao Sarn restaurant manager who punched a British tourist

snoop1130

There is obviously more to this story.

700 baht for 2 drinks is excessive. Perhaps when he ordered he didn't expect to get fleeced. He maybe needed to go to the toilet and ordered something simply to get access.

As all bars have cameras it will be easy to see what happened for the police.

Were you there, or are you only making some things up?

What would some Brits do to some Thais who clearly "misbehave",let's say somewhere in Liverpool?

They'd beat the 'shitt" out of them with their plastic beer cups, right? coffee1.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with the manager on this, disgusting behavior by the Brit lout

Throwing the bill is rude. Not paying bill is low. Being punched in face is jai ron. Kaosan. Walked through it literally once. What a shithole that is...

"Not paying bill is low"......actually it's theft.

Throwing the bill is rude. Not paying bill is low. Being punched in face is jai ron. Kaosan. Walked through it literally once. What a shithole that is...

And throwing money at someone, where the King's on it, can easily lead to imprisonment. If you own a restaurant, you do have some rights.

No wonder that the Brits have the most problems when holidaying in Thailand.

Throwing a bill (or anything) in someone's face is disrespectful in any country.

And yeah I know some cultures would say that punching them in the face in response is overkill but my view is that the guy hopefully will think twice before doing that again. Then again, the type of person who would throw a bill in someone's face doesn't seem like a very thoughtful person. Which is why sometimes a physical response gets through to them.

In my opinion will was an ignorant pig and deserved more than a punch in the face. He had total disrespect for the Thai manager. I have seen some farangs here treating Thai's like shit and to tell the truth I wanted to punch some of in the face. To sum it up its not your country so respect it and its citizens or stay to hell out.

The opportunist behaviour is ridiculous. The guy could've been a potential customer together with his 4 or 5 buddies but rather than using their brain they just say; CAN NOT USE. BUY DRINK 1ST

Start running a bar / restaurant if you think your so much better at it. Show us all how you are right by making loads of money from all those deadbeats that want something for free.

I had a bar Mr Wijsneus and I never refused my toilet to anyone. Any bar/restaurant owner who refuses someone the use of their toilet are greedy pigs

Throwing a bill (or anything) in someone's face is disrespectful in any country.

And yeah I know some cultures would say that punching them in the face in response is overkill but my view is that the guy hopefully will think twice before doing that again. Then again, the type of person who would throw a bill in someone's face doesn't seem like a very thoughtful person. Which is why sometimes a physical response gets through to them.

Most Brits i met in los are in lloret del Mar or Ibiza modus. They are clueless and can't deal with alcohol. Oi!

I thought that Thais were supposed to be all happy, and welcoming and friendly..... refusing to allow a person to use the bathroom......

Low behavior.

Toilets in restaurants and pubs are there for the customers, do you think it's fair that customers should have to queue up and wait while

passers by can just walk in and use it?

Wait until you had a rotten prawn in your curry and can't even wait 30 seconds to find a toilet. I'm sure you'll be talking differently

and then anyone who wants a leak will just walk in and say " I eat something bad and need toilet quick" bah.gifbah.gif

My experience from being a bar owner is that anyone who comes into your bar asking for a quick toilet is a potential customer if treated nicely. Maybe not now but then in the future. Any entrepreneur knows what I'm talking about. All the greedy pigs who tell you to order something before using their toilet haven't got a clue. Simple fact

The opportunist behaviour is ridiculous. The guy could've been a potential customer together with his 4 or 5 buddies but rather than using their brain they just say; CAN NOT USE. BUY DRINK 1ST

Start running a bar / restaurant if you think your so much better at it. Show us all how you are right by making loads of money from all those deadbeats that want something for free.

I had a bar Mr Wijsneus and I never refused my toilet to anyone. Any bar/restaurant owner who refuses someone the use of their toilet are greedy pigs

Maybe robblok is dutch. And for the Dutch every penny counts. I run online biz and the Dutch are ALWAYS trying to get some sort of discount. 555. Even if its just 75 cent on a 50 euro bill...

I thought that Thais were supposed to be all happy, and welcoming and friendly..... refusing to allow a person to use the bathroom......

Low behavior.

Toilets in restaurants and pubs are there for the customers, do you think it's fair that customers should have to queue up and wait while

Wait until you had a rotten prawn in your curry and can't even wait 30 seconds to find a toilet. I'm sure you'll be talking differently

Then pay for a drink become a customer.. or are you such a cheap guy that you want to solve your problems at an other guys cost.

So an other guy with a business must oblige you because you have a problem and are to cheap to buy a drink and become a customer.

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Edited by DaveinAsia

Then pay for a drink become a customer.. or are you such a cheap guy that you want to solve your problems at an other guys cost.

So an other guy with a business must oblige you because you have a problem and are to cheap to buy a drink and become a customer.

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Charging for toilet is nothing bad if its done in a friendly way. Its cheapo but it is ok for me if its like 5 or 10thb. Communication is key and the way people behave. Excuse me sir can I please use your toilet? Nothing to lose... A bold reply No customers only! can be smartly bypassed by ordering the cheapest drink which is how people in Italy do it in coffee shops. They order a glass of water at 50 cent.

Charging for toilet is nothing bad if its done in a friendly way. Its cheapo but it is ok for me if its like 5 or 10thb. Communication is key and the way people behave. Excuse me sir can I please use your toilet? Nothing to lose... A bold reply No customers only! can be smartly bypassed by ordering the cheapest drink which is how people in Italy do it in coffee shops. They order a glass of water at 50 cent.

Yes that is the way it should be done by normal people. Just order a drink and be done with it. No order something expensive with the intention not to pay to spite the manager.

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Come on now robbert... The Irish have great single malts which is excellent medicine for the brain! And not the sewer drink known as Heineken ;) peace at all...

Come on now robbert... The Irish have great single malts which is excellent medicine for the brain! And not the sewer drink known as Heineken wink.png peace at all...

Im sure Dave drunk too much of that medicine, if he does not understand why i called him cheap. Most civilized people would order a cheap drink and be done with it. Perfectly acceptable

And for calling Heineken a sewer drink.. im sure you will find many Dutch agreeing with it. I have never liked beer or alcohol for that matter so I have no real opinion. The beer that i found better was usually specialty beers, but even those did not match up to fresh orange juice.

And throwing money at someone, where the King's on it, can easily lead to imprisonment. If you own a restaurant, you do have some rights.

No wonder that the Brits have the most problems when holidaying in Thailand.

Do u Hav any proof that he threw it in his face?

My question is if you need to go to the toilet urgently why should you buy something first? I went to a shopping complex(Bunning's ,Good guys ect. spread over about 4 hec area) in Australia and all of a sudden I had to use the toilet .The place was unfamiliar to me so I don't know if there are any public toilets. I ask the security guy at the Good guys if there are any toilets close by. He told me there are two ,one at Bunning's and one at Gloria beans but it is for customers only .So where do the people shopping have to go? Do it right there in public on the footpath like a frigging dog?

Going for the defence of "I was trying to stop him leaving my establishment without paying the bill . I was trying to stop him commiting an offence" May work

Foreigner never consumed anything.......ie he did not take ownership.......

Did he not order drinks?

That would require payment.

He also used the bars facilities, this indicates he accepted he was a customer.

Much ado about nothing of course, but sounds like the tourist felt he had a right to use the bars toilets like public ones. Then used a trick to gain access to the toilets.....

Not paying for something or changing the price often brings an over-reaction here, but I see the tourist at fault.

Edited by jacko45k

»Will then ordered cocktails to the value of 700 baht and went to use the facilities in the restaurant. He emerged soon after and tried to leave the restaurant without paying his bill. Weerawut got angry. The Brit then threw a twenty baht note in his face making him furious and resulting in the assault in which the tourist was hit in the face.«

Sound like the kind of quality tourists that must be protected for any price – if I was restaurant owner, I would also be sad, if someone leave without paying – or do we only hear part of the story in the news..?

And it's quite common, that toilets are for guests only – some places they have a price of 10 baht or 20 baht for non guests using the toilet; which is fair enough, paying one's share for use and cleaning...

This sort of incident typifies what an obnoxious species humans are generally - both parties are self centred arrogant a**holes and should be given time at a behaviour management centre - sometimes called a prison and given resticted rations to appreciate how lucky they are to be alive