Suspected British property swindler arrested in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Thai report they have published his name, age and passport number? How disgusting is that?

I hope he is the guilty party but if he is not that's a disgrace.

How often have we heard stories of starry-eyed visitors being offered the opportunity of a life time, to buy into a (apparently) highly successful bar at a "special discount price" and retire to Thailand as a successful business owner, only to find out that the "seller" has no connection to the bar at all and has disappeared (along with the money paid for the 1/4 or 1/2 interest in the bar) ?

There seems to be no end of the various property scams either (I see Ocean1 Tower is progressing nicely - LOLOLOL). Nor does there seem to be any end of "friendly" foreigners willing to rip off their fellow countrymen.

And some wonder why so many expats are so "stand-offish" when it comes to interacting with their fellow expats.

How often? Never, and I've been in Thailand many years. Not saying it doesn't happen, but you asked.

Suspected!!! and these un professionals are releasing a photo and name already!!

I hope it's as the guy said..They have the wrong man...Egg on Face!!!

He never disappeared very far!! Soi Buakhao!! TIT !!

The press does the samething in the U.S. then they never let you know if guilty or not.

You would think after hearing this sort of krap time and time again in Thailand, it would sink in.

Foriegner cannot own land!

But no, seemingly they cant help themselves in the land of overinflated egos.

If this bloke did what they are saying, most probably he also got scammed and is now trying to recover his losses.

Stupidity, greed and property..must be like taking candy from a baby!

Not according to many posters that openly boast about buying land, farms, houses, businesses in Thailand. As far as they`re concerned there are no problems at all

There is no end to the dishonesty here in Thailand.

Why so much negativity about Thailand?

There is no end to dishonesty world wide!

Begin by looking at the all the dishonesty in your home country that has been going on for centuries!

i hope i never sink to a level where i spend all day on a forum apologising and posting "it happens all over the world" comments on every story.....

You would think after hearing this sort of krap time and time again in Thailand, it would sink in.

Foriegner cannot own land!

But no, seemingly they cant help themselves in the land of overinflated egos.

If this bloke did what they are saying, most probably he also got scammed and is now trying to recover his losses.

Stupidity, greed and property..must be like taking candy from a baby!

You obviiusly haven't a clue what your talking about. It says a property which could be a condo which farang can own outright and the system is pretty nuch foolproof in Thailand. Albeit a deposit can disappear....but there is plenty info on the net to guide people in the right direction....Thousands of farang also own houses here that sit on land that may well be in yheir wives name but it is managed by the man so lets not be saying silly things and worrying people over nothing. It is very rare for anyone to be scammed when buying or building here unless they were born stupid...you can buy a condo ans settle within days so no normally no need for big deposits.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Suspected!!! and these un professionals are releasing a photo and name already!!

I hope it's as the guy said..They have the wrong man...Egg on Face!!!

He never disappeared very far!! Soi Buakhao!! TIT !!

And why not? As a suspect there is the opportunity via the photos etc for verification or not they have the right person. No?

Be better he is assumed and arrested,tried, found guilty anonymously?

Begin by looking at the all the dishonesty in your home country that has been going on for centuries!

i hope i never sink to a level where i spend all day on a forum apologising and posting "it happens all over the world" comments on every story.....

I see no apology. Instead I see the comentary as the reality that dishonesty is a factor globally. To sit somewhere and suggest Thailand is somehow iconic in this suggests the very real possibility that an experience which may have occurred in Thailand has initiated a bias of opinion not cognicant of global reality.That in turn suggests a naievity typical of psueudo colonialism.

Blah...Blah...Blah...The 11th Commandment - Thou Shalt Not Critizice Thailand.

I know nothing other than what is printed, which may be factual or otherwise.. The man is accused and some are already passing judgment as self appointed legal beagles.

So many experts, of so many things are to be found on these pages. Perhaps, fueled by bottled knowledge or empowered by certificates of resentments.

"Just the facts ma'am" - Stan Freberg

I see no apology. Instead I see the comentary as the reality that dishonesty is a factor globally. To sit somewhere and suggest Thailand is somehow iconic in this suggests the very real possibility that an experience which may have occurred in Thailand has initiated a bias of opinion not cognicant of global reality.That in turn suggests a naievity typical of psueudo colonialism.
You can wrap it up anyway you like but a blind man can spot an apologist at some distance

The reason being is that they are relentless in their efforts

everyday there are reports of some sort of scum in pattaya doing something whether it be..rape, robbery, skimming, drunks, fighting, assault, suicide....you are scum and you attract it....people of pattaya..you are scum..signed.. a resident of koh tao!!!...

Nut case

How often have we heard stories of starry-eyed visitors being offered the opportunity of a life time, to buy into a (apparently) highly successful bar at a "special discount price" and retire to Thailand as a successful business owner, only to find out that the "seller" has no connection to the bar at all and has disappeared (along with the money paid for the 1/4 or 1/2 interest in the bar) ?

There seems to be no end of the various property scams either (I see Ocean1 Tower is progressing nicely - LOLOLOL). Nor does there seem to be any end of "friendly" foreigners willing to rip off their fellow countrymen.

And some wonder why so many expats are so "stand-offish" when it comes to interacting with their fellow expats.

well said....sad but we all know true...."Nor does there seem to be any end of "friendly" foreigners willing to rip off their fellow countrymen"