UK is the most corrupt country in the world

The USA is much more corrupt. #1 in the world I think.

Sorry, but after checking a number of corruption rankings, your opinion is apparently worthless.

One source, Fortune Magazine:

So where does that leave our poster? Just another garden-variety America basher; a common troll on TV who only knows one tune to play for nearly every topic.

And according to the data you supplied the same could be said for the OP then.....except substitute UK.

(Sorry but this isn't about the USA!)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is my internet and cable in Thailand $30 and in the US for the same service $200?

Why is my electric bill here $30 and in the US $200-$300. ( and it rarely goes out here)?

Why is my water bill here $3 and in the US $50?

Why are property taxes for a new house in the US 2% of the purchase price every year, and here it is zero?

Why are monthly maintenance fees for a quality Condo $600 a month in the US and $50 here?

Why is a massage $60 in the US and $6 here?

Why is a special service $200 in the US and $20 here?

Why is a Taxi for 30 minutes in the US $100 and $12 here?

Why is a bottle of water $.30 here and $1.50 in the US?

Why do I pay less then $200 a month for medical insurance here and in the US it is close to $1,000?

Food, gas, haircuts, on and on what else?

It's because if you decided to go to work here to support your family, you'd be making 75-cents to $1 an hour--average prevailing wage. In my USA hometown, it's $15 an hour, and the standard of living for the average worker is in the stratosphere compared to an average worker (read: NOT Bangkok high rise office) here.

It's called a develop-ING country. Like someone else said, it's not rocket surgery.

The "average" wage in Thailand is 13,500 b a month.

The minimum wage in the USA is still $7.25 an hour. Most "average" jobs are not paying $15.

But even at $15 I doubt they are in the stratosphere compared to Thailand. Add Health insurance and a small Apt. and that $15 is gone in most developed cities.

But you can manipulate it any way you want.

Maybe you should get a job with the federal government.

PS: It's Rocket science, not Rocket surgery. But nice try:)

If you take that Thai monthly wage and divide it by the average hours an average Thai works in a month, you'll get my figures.

I was only comparing to my own city, where the MINIMUM wage is $15/hr. And yes, the standard of living difference is vastly different.

Lastly, "rocket surgery" is a play on "rocket science" + "brain surgery" for our duller readers with no humor or imagination.

At your high end of your $1 an hour they have to work 100 hours a week to reach the average.

HAHA. Take a class in Rocket math brain surgery my friend.

Don't know many working class Thais do you?

HAHA. Take a class in Cross-Cultural Communications

Things cost more when you are paying workers a salary they can live with and the cost of laws and rules that protect the people from an unsafe environment about the cost in taxes to run the government? Having a proper type of law officers and police as compared to Thailand..This inexpensive living is greatly off set by many things you had of convenience in The US.

I am from the US but just to follow up about my opinion that the US is #1.

I guess maybe you cannot call it all corruption, but maybe just scamming/ripping people off.

Why is my internet and cable in Thailand $30 and in the US for the same service $200?

Why is my electric bill here $30 and in the US $200-$300. ( and it rarely goes out here)?

Why are property taxes for a new house in the US 2% of the purchase price every year, and here it is zero?

Why are monthly maintenance fees for a quality Condo $600 a month in the US and $50 here?

Why do I pay less then $200 a month for medical insurance here and in the US it is close to $1,000?

Oh yes, taxes. State, federal, merchandise, food and property are all taxed.

Now throw in the political system, judicial system and financial markets.

The US is a scam place. Always some crisis or excuse to raise the price of something.

Too many people sitting in offices doing nothing and making $75,000 a year.

If not the word "corruption", scam ripoff fits the bill.

You pay more, because you expect more, very simple really, as a Thai where they would prefer to live and let's not forget, that terribly "corrupt, scamming" country, gave you a life that now allows you to live comfortably in Thailand... you are simply a whinger.

I guess maybe you cannot call it all corruption, but maybe just scamming/ripping people off.

The US is a scam place. Always some crisis or excuse to raise the price of something.

The answer is simple. The US are a capitalist country, where prices go up and the average living standard is going down. Even the the average live expectance in the US is going down. The golden years after Second World War are over.

You pay more, because you expect more, very simple really, as a Thai where they would prefer to live and let's not forget, that terribly "corrupt, scamming" country, gave you a life that now allows you to live comfortably in Thailand... you are simply a whinger.

So we agree to agree. Glad you see the truth.

Edited by bkk6060

Sorry, but after checking a number of corruption rankings, your opinion is apparently worthless.

The most corrupt countries:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1464785566.620212.jpg

The 12 least corrupt countries.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1464785617.184323.jpg

You can check out similar results with quite a few studies/sources. Google it.

So where does that leave our poster? Just another garden-variety America basher; a common troll on TV who only knows one tune to play for nearly every topic.

Maybe you should watch this video if you have some time to care ? maybe then you will understand why many other nationals here comment like they do ...

US Senators are permitted "insider trading". The implications of that?bah.gif

And where did you get THAT nugget?

yes its a known fact .. if you care to look? why do you think Congressmen /women come away from politics with $Millions .... i think they are protected in law against it too....or blind eye to it all .... they can even let relatives or family know as well..... so i read whistling.gif

Edited by jeffreysearch

yes its a known fact .. if you care to look? why do you think Congressmen /women come away from politics with $Millions .... i think they are protected in law against it too....or blind eye to it all .... they can even let relatives or family know as well..... so i read whistling.gif

https://theintercept.com/2015/05/07/congress-argues-cant-investigated-insider-trading/

• 2 weeks later...

My daddy can beat your daddy; nyah, nyah nyah

You seem like one of those broke unhappy complaining 70 year old overstayers.

Blah blah blah nothing much really to say that means anything.

Edited by bkk6060

My daddy can beat your daddy; nyah, nyah nyah

You seem like one of those broke unhappy complaining 70 year old overstayers.

Blah blah blah nothing much really to say that means anything.

I said, "nyah, nyah nyah," did you not understand? It makes much more sense than your ramblings.

Your post is stupid on so many levels.

Thank you. I'm American and I took my business model from the US banking system many years ago as a young man. I was able to take a comfortable early retirement by "using" the banks. God bless America and her little brother the UK... wink.png

Well said, it's corruption if a small select few people can do it but everyone can have a piece of the pie and there's plenty to go around - most people just are unwilling to take the risk and therefore think nobody else deserves to profit from taking the risk.

• 2 weeks later...

The most corrupt countries:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1464785566.620212.jpg

The 12 least corrupt countries.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1464785617.184323.jpg

You can check out similar results with quite a few studies/sources. Google it.

The fact that the UK appears in joint 10th position in the list of the 12 least corrupt countries in the world and the USA didn't even make the list does little to support your position. In fact, it would seem to support bkk6060's assertion that the USA is in fact more corrupt than the UK. Did you even look at what you were posting?

• 2 weeks later...

I got some push back when I said the USA is the most corrupt country. I guess one's definition of corruption might come into play.

But do the Hillary events this week help support my claim? I most certainly think so. Also, what about the recent shootings of men by law enforcement? They all look justified?

Edited by bkk6060

https://theintercept.com/2015/05/07/congress-argues-cant-investigated-insider-trading/

Federal law-enforcement officials can resume a high-profile insider-trading investigation after a New York judge said Congress must cooperate with investigators looking into a possible leak of government health-care policy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/court-says-congress-must-comply-with-federal-insider-trading-investigation-1447699353

TH

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, returnofthailand said:

why can I live in Thailand for 8000 baths a month all included and not in the USA?

Just off the top of my head:

--911 emergency Services that provides immediate & professional response to any emergency.

--Clean drinking water right out of tap.

--A regulatory agency that assures quality food products.

--An EPA that assures clean air.

--Sidewalks that are in good repair and will accomidate handicapped persons.

and so on.