Patong Low Voltage

GiantFan

Not the case this time lik. That happens here too.

Decided to call PEA service center at 1129. Explained problem and they said they would call back. Sure. But half an hour later they did and mentioned that they were aware of the problem, fixed it, and service team was on the way back to the Patong office.

Anything else we can do for you sir? Yes, as I still have half voltage. Oh, I will ask them to go check again.

Twenty minutes later the power goes off for about an hour. Just came back on at full voltage. PEA guy calls to check up. My hats off to them. Service sells.

We have the same in Chalong - every time a main fuse blows, half the house is on low power. Last time this happened it burnt out the control box for our water pump trying to work on half voltage. Now we switch off the pump whenever there is a power cut. Usually coincides with heavy rain, and for the first few days of this rainy season it happened every day.

We have the same in Chalong - every time a main fuse blows, half the house is on low power. Last time this happened it burnt out the control box for our water pump trying to work on half voltage. Now we switch off the pump whenever there is a power cut. Usually coincides with heavy rain, and for the first few days of this rainy season it happened every day.

Try to do the same with our water pumps, also unplug the fridges as the coolant pump struggles and overheats. Modern electronics like the TV all have dual voltage so can work on 110 VAC.

Try to do the same with our water pumps, also unplug the fridges as the coolant pump struggles and overheats. Modern electronics like the TV all have dual voltage so can work on 110 VAC.

I have never thought that the dual voltage systems could actually provide safety to the home appliances. That's a very interesting 'hack' to think about.

On my own experience with low voltage, the reason was faulty line. I had almost the 250V when there was no resistance aka nothing to use the electricity. Once I plugged in a water heater, the voltage dropped to very low. I got it fixed once I got to the jungle and reconnected the lines in a better way.