one of metal prongs on dvd player broke off and stuck in socket

orchidlady

Several questions: 1)One of the prongs broke off the DVD player plug and is stuck in the wall. I read on the internet how to pull it out after turning off the electricity at circuit breaker. The socket is on an inner facing wall so no chance of anything coming in contact with it. Is it OK to leave until the weekend-it won't cause a fire?

2)Anyone know where I can get the cord/plug replaced on the DVD player (it belongs to condo owner) by reputable person in Bangkok?

3) The hallway has mini dimmer switch only controls for the hall way lights. I pressed on one of the dimmer switches mistakenly instead of turning it off. It is stuck in the hole for the knob so i can't turn the light off. If I turn off the electricity and take off the cover plate should it pop out again or will the dimmer panel need to be replaced with new knob by an electrician?

I was like a bull in a china shop today. Can't blame it on lightening.

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!

Just kidding - but you do seem to have some issues. (?) When things like this happen, just get things replaced. If you don't know how to replace a plug, get the local spark to come by - shouldn't be more than B100 plus materials. I cut off the wire/plug from things that break down so always have spares.