re-entry permits with O-A not expired yet ?

I currently have a O-A visa that will expire 12/1/16 ; I'm looking to return to Thailand 11/1/15 at which time, I believe I'll get a 1 year stamp, then fly out 12/15/16, at which time I guess I need a re-entry visa (from CWattana, or maybe from the airport, I'll probably go out to CW and do it there).

My question is can I go out there before the visa expires or must it be after the visa expires?

and then any inside information in avoid lines to get the reentry permit, etc , or maybe I should get a multi-entry permit...

Your visa does not have to be expired to apply for the re-entry permit.

If there is a chance that you will be making 3 or more trips during the year a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) would be better than getting a single one (1000 baht).

You can apply online for an appointment to get a re-entry permit at CW (internet explorer is needed). See: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

• Like 1

My question is can I go out there before the visa expires or must it be after the visa expires?

Just make sure you get the re-entry permit after you're given the new one year permission to stay. The re-entry permit expires on the same date as the permission to stay you have at the time you get the re-entry permit.

• Like 2

visa that will expire 12/1/16 ; I'm looking to return to Thailand 11/1/15 at which time, I believe I'll get a 1 year stamp, then fly out 12/15/16,

Slight error in your dates.

1) Visa expires 1 DEC 2016

2) Return to Thailand on 1 NOV 2016 (not 11/1/15) -> get one year stamp until 31 OCT 2017

3) Fly out 15 DEC 2016

Anytime after return to Thailand on 1 NOV and before 15 DEC you can apply for a re-entry permit that will be valid until 31 OCT 2017.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

yes, sorry typo

I meant return to Thailand

Nov 1 2016 , visa expires Dec 1 2016

can't get used to the Thai / UK day mo yr, as I am USA guy

PS: does one get yellow Tabien Baan's also at Immigration / Chang Wattana?

yes, sorry typo

I meant return to Thailand

Nov 1 2016 , visa expires Dec 1 2016

can't get used to the Thai / UK day mo yr, as I am USA guy

PS: does one get yellow Tabien Baan's also at Immigration / Chang Wattana?

"can't get used to the Thai / UK day mo yr, as I am USA guy "

I'm looking to return to Thailand 11/1/15

Even in the US the year is 2016

• Like 1

hmm, ok, let's say I arrive Nov 1 2016, stamped in for 1 year, (visa expires Dec 1 2016) , I stay in Thailand 90 days, I can do my 90 day report as early as day 76 or so? ; I go out to ChangWattana, and do my 90 day, can I then turn around, and get a residency letter and my re-entry permits, maybe the same day.

I'd prefer a 500B immigration residency letter, than a 1500-1800 US embassy letter

dont think i'm gonna need a yellow tabien baan, if it's gonna be more hassle than just a residence certificate, in fact i may just pay the US embassy want they want.

assuming they don't have any conditions i don't meet. which leads to what exactly does the US embassy typically want?

dont think i'm gonna need a yellow tabien baan, if it's gonna be more hassle than just a residence certificate, in fact i may just pay the US embassy want they want.

assuming they don't have any conditions i don't meet. which leads to what exactly does the US embassy typically want?

Your passport, $50 and a completed affidavit form is all they want. Download form: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/231771/acs/thai_drivers_license_affidavit.pdf

You will need to make an appointment. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

• 1 month later...

what IF:

I enter Thailand Nov 1 2016, (Visa expires Dec 1 2016), stamped in for 1 year, I get a Multi entry permit, I then leave Nov 30th to travel to Laos, and return Dec 15th 2016.

So, I've left Thailand before my Visa expired, (despite being stamped in through Oct 31, 2017)

or

Does it matter, if I exit before or after the actual visa expires?

When is the re-entry permit used, only when re-entering, or is there something to do upon exiting the country? thanks

sorry, if these are dumb questions

what IF:

I enter Thailand Nov 1 2016, (Visa expires Dec 1 2016), stamped in for 1 year, I get a Multi entry permit, I then leave Nov 30th to travel to Laos, and return Dec 15th 2016.

So, I've left Thailand before my Visa expired, (despite being stamped in through Oct 31, 2017)

or

Does it matter, if I exit before or after the actual visa expires?

When is the re-entry permit used, only when re-entering, or is there something to do upon exiting the country? thanks

sorry, if these are dumb questions

You can leave the country prior to your visa expiring and then enter the country using the re-entry permit without a problem. There is nothing to do before leaving the country since you will already have a re-entry permit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

how does making appointments,  FOR the purpose  of  get re-entry permits only,  @ CWattana work?      I know the idea was to get there before the huge line starts to form, but I'm assuming with an appointment that would not be necessary?  so, just arrive 30 minutes before the appointment and look for some designated?  desk for appointments ?

Edited by chubby

5 hours ago, chubby said:

how does making appointments,  FOR the purpose  of  get re-entry permits only,  @ CWattana work?      I know the idea was to get there before the huge line starts to form, but I'm assuming with an appointment that would not be necessary?  so, just arrive 30 minutes before the appointment and look for some designated?  desk for appointments ?

You just check in, show them you have an appointment and they will direct you to the desk for re-entry permits.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You just check in, show them you have an appointment and they will direct you to the desk for re-entry permits.

so, there is no point in getting there before they open to avoid the huge line, I guess the huge line is so people can get a higher number, who don't have appointments ?

• 2 weeks later...

i guess TIT :

the appointment CWattana link in Chrome says this :

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
 Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

is it just   if you wanna use it ,  you  are forced  to  'take your chances' ?

14 minutes ago, chubby said:

i guess TIT :

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

The warning comes up because immigration did a self certification of their extranet. The same warning comes up when going on the online 90 day reporting site.

Just ignore it and go on the site. You will be informed on the site you need to use Internet explorer.

22 minutes ago, chubby said:

i guess TIT :

Quite likely, the issue is related to this announcement from Google at the end of last year: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3014712/.html. Quite a number of websites have been caught by this, though most have been quicker to react.

25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Quite likely, the issue is related to this announcement from Google at the end of last year: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3014712/.html. Quite a number of websites have been caught by this, though most have been quicker to react.

It is a a problem with immigration"s self certification of their secure sites on their extranet. It has been discussed many time in online 90 day report topics.

Edit: This what it says about the certificate if you click view certificate.

extranet security.jpg

i guess TIT :

5 minutes ago, chubby said:

sorry so just don't worry about it?  even if it asks for sensitive information ?

If you want to apply online you have no choice other than going on the site. That is what people do if they want to do online 90 day reports.

But at this time you will not be able go on the site since the extranet is down at this time.

sorry, what is an extranet?    Uh, so does it often go down for long periods?    

maybe I could add "an exception" for 1 time,  then go and remove it later in the browser as that appears the only way forward.

plan B, is to just go to Chang Wattana at 0700  or something , and beat the lines, or are there lines for re-entry permits ? same as for say visa extensions?

1 hour ago, chubby said:

sorry, what is an extranet?    Uh, so does it often go down for long periods?    

maybe I could add "an exception" for 1 time,  then go and remove it later in the browser as that appears the only way forward.

plan B, is to just go to Chang Wattana at 0700  or something , and beat the lines, or are there lines for re-entry permits ? same as for say visa extensions?

From wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extranet

An extranet is a website that allows controlled access to partners, vendors and suppliers or an authorized set of customers – normally to a subset of the information accessible from an organization's intranet.

It has been down a lot for the last couple of months.

I often check the online 90 day report site to see it is up which requires me to ignore the same security warning. I am not concerned about it since it is just a problem with there security certificate.

Just checked and site is up now.

sorry can I get multi-entry visas @ Don Meung DMK ? 

the choice is 1  or  "multi"  or does one just buy  1, 2, 3  etc ; forgive me if I haven't gone to try to search and find it again. 

48 minutes ago, chubby said:

sorry can I get multi-entry visas @ Don Meung DMK ? 

the choice is 1  or  "multi"  or does one just buy  1, 2, 3  etc ; forgive me if I haven't gone to try to search and find it again. 

You cannot get a visa at any airport. I assume you mean a re-entry permit.

You can get a multiple re-entry permit at DMK. The desk to get one is just after the departure immigration desks. Be sure you take a 4 X 6 cm photo for the application from.

Re-entry permits are only issued as a single or multiple, Single 1000 baht multiple 3800 baht.

ok thought I remembered something like that. thanks again, think I may just go 1 hour early  and get it there rather than trek to  CW. 

sorry yes, typo  not 'visa'  I had meant  'permit'