Public Relations Department to campaign on spreading positive image of Thailand

webfact

Public Relations Department to campaign on spreading positive image of Thailand

pr.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 June 2016 (NNT) - The Public Relations Department (PRD) is redoubling its efforts to foster a positive image of Thailand among foreign countries.

PRD Deputy Director-General Charoon Chaisorn delivered the opening remarks at a seminar on international public relations and spoke about public relations guidelines for 2015-2016.

Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system. He said that these features of the Kingdom attract foreigners to visit and enjoy Thai culture.

The PRD official also said that the department's campaign will be comprehensive. It will address Thailand's economy, politics, and social issues, as well as special agendas such as tourism safety, illegal fishing, counter-terrorism and anti-corruption. The PRD campaign will utilize all media, including social media, to reflect the modern trends in content consumption.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-06 footer_n.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The Public Relations Department (PRD) is redoubling its efforts to foster a positive image of Thailand among foreign countries...

'Trust me we are Thai' "

Did they steal that slogan from the National Association of Jet Ski operators?

Not enough brain power in the entire world, let alone in Thailand, to pull this one off successfully.

Edited by jaltsc

Clean beaches, safe public transport, low numbers of HIV positives, hardly any drugs, no double pricing, perfect dual language in 90% of the people, freedom of speech, highest human rights standards, clean food, no insurgency in the south, excellent police force, zero-tolerance to corruption...

Thailand, the sci-fi movie!

Thank you Khun Charoon for making a bit dull Monday much more fun.

That being said, I am really looking forward to seeing the "Trust me we are Thai" advertisement campaign - those posters will be collector's items I am sure.

And especially the tv or youtube commercials will be great:

• Thai hotels collapsing followed by a smiling Thai engineer saying "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Greedy monks laundering money or selling tiger potions saying "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Slave labour on a fishing vessel with a smling captain saying "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Hiso driver killing people, handing over an envelope to the police, smiles and looks into the camera: "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Military arresting people for liking a post on Facebook, hauls people away for adjustment saying "Trust me we are Thai"

Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system.

Well, 2 out of 3 is not bad.

Seriously, who would want his job at this point in time.

Some things in this country beggar all belief. Don't people realise that it is a well-attested fact that anyone who demands, 'Trust me', is a person one should generally run a million miles from, in utter distrust?! And democracy - in Thailand??? Talk about self-delusion on stilts. Does Thailand now need the services of a Dr. Sigmund Freud or other depth-psychological analyst? I don't think certain people are lying in their mind-blowing, reality-reversing statements: I think they truly believe what they say.

The words 'cognitive dissonance' and 'scary' leap into my mind!

"Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So. Why now? Because everyone thinks Thailand is a great place with cultural heritage to rival Italy? With lovely. peace-loving and honest people?

Or because they don't?

My guess is they're starting to panic and can't understand why people don't believe them.

I can

W

Some things in this country beggar all belief. Don't people realise that it is a well-attested fact that anyone who demands, 'Trust me', is a person one should generally run a million miles from, in utter distrust?! And democracy - in Thailand??? Talk about self-delusion on stilts. Does Thailand now need the services of a Dr. Sigmund Freud or other depth-psychological analyst? I don't think certain people are lying in their mind-blowing, reality-reversing statements: I think they truly believe what they say.

The words 'cognitive dissonance' and 'scary' leap into my mind!

And unlike the post in a different thread, this *is* cognitive dissonance. And yes, it *is* scary when it is this bad.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system.

Seriously, who would want his job at this point in time.

Dr. in Thailand stands for Dreamer. In the rest of the world it means doctor... coffee1.gif

Sisyphean taste if it is to be done alone, i.e. without actually addressing the main issues that tarnish Thailand's Image. Tourism Mafias, scammers, rogue taxi drivers, bus drivers, shoddy construction, human trafficking, illegal drugs, rogue "Law Enforcers", corrupt monks, Tiger Temple monks, Mercedes Benz collecting monks, the list goes on and on,

Dear Dr. Charoon, in case you haven't learned that in nursery school or from your parents: Trust must be EARNED. Just reciting a mantra like "Trust me we are Thai (apart from the fact that it's grammatically incorrect) accomplishes NOTHING.

Not in the real world anyway.

Trust me we are Thai came out a while ago and they still are refusing to fix the grammar. Go ahead and embarrass yourself more, that will surely help earn trust.

The problem with Thailand is too much trust. The little people trust that the big people will do what they are supposed to. Failure after failure never changes this for some reason. People outside Thailand will not be so gullible however.

And most people don't even think about Thailand. If this campaign comes on their TV or across their mobile in an ad, its going to make people think "What should I be worried about that they are trying to convince me of this?"

Thank you Khun Charoon for making a bit dull Monday much more fun.

That being said, I am really looking forward to seeing the "Trust me we are Thai" advertisement campaign - those posters will be collector's items I am sure.

And especially the tv or youtube commercials will be great:

• Thai hotels collapsing followed by a smiling Thai engineer saying "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Greedy monks laundering money or selling tiger potions saying "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Slave labour on a fishing vessel with a smling captain saying "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Hiso driver killing people, handing over an envelope to the police, smiles and looks into the camera: "Trust me we are Thai"
  • Military arresting people for liking a post on Facebook, hauls people away for adjustment saying "Trust me we are Thai"

It will cause huge embarrassment to the country if they use this slogan. The internet will be on fire with laughter from funny jokes and pictures all showing up the Thais to be out of touch, silly, stupid and untrustworthy.

The Thais - whether they be the masters or slaves - have existed for generations in their own little world. They are from a culture of monologue where one speaks and everyone else 'smiles', as opposed to a culture that knows dialogue where one speaks and others may respond.

trust-me-im-an-engineer-1-63586087319381

They simply don't get that a nice speech and some flowers at an award ceremony is not ever going to be a solution to life's problems. In such a situation only tough love can help them because saying nothing is precisely the problem and pussyfooting around with niceties just keeps them where they are.

trust_me_im_a_cowboy_t_shirts_hoodies_sw

I hope they do something far wiser than the propositions in the OP, like stop behaving like children and enforce their laws and act professionally with proper training. That would make them strong and successful and attractive. Instead they compound their mistakes and become more unattractive as they once again flap their tongues and make themselves, their country and culture look stupid and incompetent. It's so sad to see.

Sisyphean taste if it is to be done alone, i.e. without actually addressing the main issues that tarnish Thailand's Image. Tourism Mafias, scammers, rogue taxi drivers, bus drivers, shoddy construction, human trafficking, illegal drugs, rogue "Law Enforcers", corrupt monks, Tiger Temple monks, Mercedes Benz collecting monks, the list goes on and on,

A task which will leave him between a rock and a hard place.rolleyes.gif

How do you campaign to spread a positive image , In any event they need to move heaven and earth to get thailands image back in the black and of course this will be another one off the do nothing statements that we hear weekly. good luck with that

Actually 0 out of 3, compared to many countries, Thailand is not filled with beauty at all, its rather drab and dirty, and it has a relatively very short cultural history, plus a military government is certainly not democratic.

If they want to be taken seriously they should change the name to the Propaganda Ministry, a perfect representation of the PM.

Or the 'Ministry of Truth'. But oh! I forgot that Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four is effectively banned here. Silly me! But I do wonder and wonder again why precisely that book is blacklisted; now why could that possibly be, I wonder - hhmmmmm ......