Tourist Killed in Parasailing Accident in Pattaya Bay

webfact

It does not matter , Pattaya already has a poor image in the world eye, worry about your service providers or Pattaya will soon fall of the tourist map.

Tourist dont come to Pattaya specifically for Parasailing , they come for pussy . Some guys go Parasailing while waiting for night fall and more Pussy.

You get it now?

An ignorant comment, many people and families go to Pattaya for normal tourism and don't go anywhere near the areas you refer to. D'you get it?

Very unfortunate incident.

But let's keep it in perspective.

I have photos of myself parasailing on Pattaya Beach in 1984, back then you actually did it off the beach and not off those off shore platforms they have today.

I don't know when they started doing it in Pattaya but it has been at least 30 years.

Every single day, all day there are people doing it unless it is raining.

So hundreds of thousands of successful runs, if not millions, and one unfortunate accident after all these years.

This bloke was just unlucky.

A tragic accident. I suspect something must have gone wrong with the parachute for him to come down hard enough to die. Normally with those things, when you run out off puff, you just float down slowly. Then the driver speeds the boat up and up you go again. It may not have been the drivers error as many are claiming.

driver,winchman, (if any) not paying attention, could have eccelerated, so neglegent ,

yup seems pretty straight forward....no pun intended....to me...if the boat stops....no wind....would like to see his FB history....

It is sickening sick.gif that the city officials express concern about the image of Pattaya instead of a focus on whether there was negligence concerning the winch. It's the same old same, about appearances overriding the important issues. I’ve just made a comparison by reading old news reports about parasailing accidents in developed countries. The comments of officials there focused on safety, not image!

If they're so concerned about the image of Pattaya, why did they also not express condolences to the family of the deceased?

If indeed there was no winch operator and both a boat driver and winch operator is needed for safety, I wouldn't be surprised if experts of the parasailing industry consider having no winch operator an outrageous omission of one safeguard and paradoxical to the overstaffing of so many service businesses in Thailand.

Problem is people taking on high risk activities in 3rd world and developing countries. There still developing for a reason

I crossed Parasailing off my bucket list years ago when an American woman was landed in power lines and killed, that was when they were taking off from the shoreline............it isn;t worth putting my life in the hand of some illiterate teenager driving a boat.

More photo op more committees seems like they all dress up for the pictures that's a good image meanwhile I've been waiting 3 months for paperwork to be signed. How about doing the jobs you've been paid to do already? Do more than "look into it blah blah blah "