Leaving forever, work permit cancellation?

A quick question for those that might know,

I have a work permit which is due to expire in July. I am on my fourth consecutive Non-B visa which expires on June 12th but in the year since we got the work permit The company I worked for was never able to get all the relevant hotel licensing etc required to get a one year extension, hence the 4 consecutive visas.

I am leaving this job and relocating overseas but in the meantime I am going to Penang on June 12th to get a tourist visa on which to return for a month or so to tie up my affairs.

Is there any foreseeable issue if I just let the work permit expire naturally (July10th) but return into the country on June 14th on a 90 day tourist visa (I hold a UK passport)?

I have a hectic week and if I can avoid going all the way to my local labour office to cancel it, it would be a great time-saver. I do not plan to return to work in Thailand again.

Best regards,

Ryk

No issue at all. When I left Thailand and went to the USA for family issues for 6 months my work permit expired. I had no issues returning to Thailand on

a new B visa. I did not mention my work permit and immigration did not ask. As stated immigration has nothing to do with the work permit they only care about your visa.