Ben & Jerry’s Just Announced Opening Day & Location. Expect Massive Queue.

snoop1130

Ben & Jerry’s Just Announced Opening Day & Location. Expect Massive Queue.
Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14652939451465293962l.jpg

Photo: Ben & Jerry’s / Courtesy

BANGKOK — Is it America’s best ice cream? Can it beat Haagen-Dazs, Cold Stone and Baskin Robbins? Thailand’s ice cream lickers, slurpers and munchers are about to find out when Ben & Jerry’s opens its first Thai branch in July.

A week after announcing it was coming to the ice cream-loving kingdom, the Vermont-based company has confirmed its (unsurprising) first location: the ground floor of Siam Paragon, which will open July 9.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1465293945

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-07

Wonder if the same will happen as when Krisky Kreme opened: people standing in line early morning to buy a large amount and then sell it for a markup to people who don't have 2 hours to stand in line.

That lasted a few weeks at least.

I remember when doing some training in Vermont. The original Ben & Jerry's s ice cream shops gave away a free scoop of ice cream for an entire day every year. And ... there was no madness or long lines. It was very civilized. That's Vermont.

I've never had the pleasure of Ben and Jerry's, Blue Bell would be hard to beat. Given the chance, I'll give their franchise some business, after all Ben and Jerry supported the only decent person in the race for president, Bernie Sanders.

haagen daaz and baskin are very overpriced in thailand. even swensons is pricy. i prefer some of the local made gelato. tastes good and fair price.

HD and Baskins are expensive, but i have always thought Swensons was pretty damn good value, cheap even.

Ben and Jerry's have an excellent product and indeed fantastically inventive flavors and flavor names. Of course people that don't speak English won't get the puns in the flavor names. Oddly the brand is also associated with American leftist politics. I wouldn't call ice cream junk food. I'd call it delicious food for an occasional treat.

Nope the brand is associated with what should be called centrist politics, nothing leftist about them or Bernie. I'll buy a gallon if I get the chance.

Fair enough. Leftist by American standards which isn't the same thing as leftist by European standards. In any case, it's great ice cream. I avoid ice cream these days but if you don't, their brand is a great choice.

The power of branding at its finest then again.

Its owned by an Anglo-Dutch company and has been for a long long time. ( since they sold out )

But hey , who cares

Wasn't aware. If so, doesn't necessarily mean they have trashed the brand.

The power of branding at its finest then again.

Its owned by an Anglo-Dutch company and has been for a long long time. ( since they sold out )

But hey , who cares

Okay when a large global company opens an outlet in a new market it makes news. For a guy that seems annoyed this is news you seem to know a lot about them.

Edited by anotheruser