Jools to close after nearly 30 years

rott

The well known boozer on Soi Nana will be shutting it's doors in a few months time, apparently due to (again) an unrealistic rent increase.

Very sad. Sign of the times I suppose.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great shame.

I remember with great fondness my early days of 'expathood' in BKK, spending many a Friday evening/night in there and Chequers. I learned a lot in there and there were some real characters there too.

Nice to see the imbecile 'sexpat' pontificators, who probably never set foot in the place, are out, no doubt fresh from a night's drinking urine warm Leo before snuggling up to 'Tee Rak' (if she came home from visiting her 'brother' that is).....

Been coming to Nana for almost 20 years and never even heard of the spot????

Sexpats say woo, woo! ???

You just had to walk a few more yards down Soi Nana. I first had a meal there 25 years ago. My wife had her first glass of wine there. Sorry to see its closing.

Been coming to Nana for almost 20 years and never even heard of the spot????

Sexpats say woo, woo! ???

In general Jools was a place to get away from the sweaty armpit type of expat.

It for sure had it's share of characters who could down a few beers. The bell ringing sessions could be frightening at times.

If it goes I will miss it but I have a lot of good memories and none bad from Jools.

As they say, All things change but all things stay the same.

Nana is on borrowed time. Ride the BTS from Siam to Phrom Phong - all the other stations have modern developments and fancy shopping malls. Nana is like the one bad tooth in an otherwise perfect smile. Sooner or later it's bound to get fixed.

Nana is on borrowed time. Ride the BTS from Siam to Phrom Phong - all the other stations have modern developments and fancy shopping malls. Nana is like the one bad tooth in an otherwise perfect smile. Sooner or later it's bound to get fixed.

you are most likely 100% correct and for the old zimmer framers like me, not really ☺ it will be something lost.

The PC brigade will love it though.

A pitch black day for the sexpat community in Bangkok

Stupid comment that really.

Obviously never been in the bar.

That was one good thing about Jools, because it didn't look like all the other bars on your first look in the door it didn't attract the 'can't enjoy a beer in Bangkok unless I'm looking at tits type' .

It took a while before you could 'settle in' to Jools, especially when Dave was holding court.

Did have some weird characters, anyone remember Jeff who spent a while carrying a skull about with him. When sober a very nice guy but when had a few changed completely but still never ever became the nasty character that most expats seem to do nowadays, just got a bit crazier/silly.

I still keep in regular contact with a few guys I met in there though most have moved to other countries.

Haven't found another bar like it.

That was one good thing about Jools, because it didn't look like all the other bars on your first look in the door it didn't attract the 'can't enjoy a beer in Bangkok unless I'm looking at tits type' .

It took a while before you could 'settle in' to Jools, especially when Dave was holding court.

Did have some weird characters, anyone remember Jeff who spent a while carrying a skull about with him. When sober a very nice guy but when had a few changed completely but still never ever became the nasty character that most expats seem to do nowadays, just got a bit crazier/silly.

I still keep in regular contact with a few guys I met in there though most have moved to other countries.

Us legendary boozers found it rather tame at times.

A few good evenings back in the day though I must admit.

Us legendary boozers found it rather tame at times.

A few good evenings back in the day though I must admit.

I suppose I saw it it as an oasis away from the beer and tits in Nana.

But close enough if you fancied a visit.

Check in99 and now this one.... Can someone teach these Chinese Thais a lesson in economics?

Chinese Thais, I can only assume you know nothing about the area,its nothing to do with Chinese Thais.

Will be sad to se it gone, a proper old skool boozer, no hassle, no fuss, no frills no BS, in fact the BSrs were quickly idnetified.

Great food upstairs, and full of characters downstairs, Stan will be pulling his hair out, what little he has left, LOL, the hairstyle hasnt changed in 25 years.

Matty and KF, thanx for the memories, Big Spence® a Joolz legend.