Bangkok police hunt for three British men following failed kidnap attempt

snoop1130

Bangkok police hunt for three British men following failed kidnap attempt

a.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Bangna police have appealed for information to help identify and track down three men involved in a kidnap attempt on a foreign businessman at 9.30am on Wednesday morning in the Bangna Trad area of the city.

The three wanted men are believed to be British.

Two of the men attempted to bundle the victim into a black Hyundai van, which was being driven by the third suspect.

Police have released CCTV footage taken from a nearby coffee shop, of two of the suspects who are thought to be brothers, aged in their mid 30s and are described as athletic and around 5'11" tall.

Both are believed to be English and from the London area.

The victim, 45, who is described as a long term resident and business owner in Bangkok is not being named by police for his own safety and that of his family.

Anyone who can supply information leading to the arrest of the men involved will receive a reward of up to 500,000 baht.

The police investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is urged to contact Bangna police.

b.jpgc.jpg
d.jpg

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-09

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So three strong young guys are so dumb they can't even bundle a guy in his mid 40's into a van.

Not the brightest...I suspect they will be in prison (where they belong) within days.

Edited by ukrules

Well it's not everyday we read of a trio of Brits coming here to do a kidnap-job & furthermore it goes wrong..something quite strange about this story..?

(We're more likely to read about 3 Brits hiding out here in the LoS due to a kidnap job going wrong elsewhere in the world)

Licence number of the van not picked up on any camera ? Rented from ? owned by whom ?

Face recognition software - linked to photos taken at Airport on arrival.

Ditto face software against bank ATM photos on withdrawals in the Bangna area.

Or is it more complicated than that ?

Even if I knew these guys, I would not be going to the police to help them with anything, you might end up guilty by association....!

If you have ever read "Welcome to Hell". You know what I mean.

Once again the brilliance of the amazing Police force will come to the fore, three arrests within days, if not hours, and 500.000 Baht awarded to said force....done and dusted. All other informants should run as there will be no pay off....only elimination !

Funny the police seem to know everything about these guys except their names.

regards worgeordie

Just what I was thinking...

The victim, 45, who is described as a long term resident and business owner in Bangkok is not being named by police for his own safety and that of his family.

Long term resident, then not a Thai, could be a kidnap of a rich dude but then they normally kidnap a kid so the farther can raise the dosh.

If they said they were believed to be Brits by the names of the football teams tattooed to their arms that would be one thing, but they seem to have a lot of intel on them.

Accents? Really now, how many Thais can tell an Aussie from a Brit by the way they speak?

If they said they were believed to be Brits by the names of the football teams tattooed to their arms that would be one thing, but they seem to have a lot of intel on them.

Accents? Really now, how many Thais can tell an Aussie from a Brit by the way they speak?

I'm working on the assumption that the guy who escaped the kidnap attempt knew the people who tried to do it.

I'm 43 years old, slightly younger than the victim here and I'll tell you now that unless they tasered me into submission there's no way they would get me off the street into a van unless they were professionals at doing this kind of thing which they are clearly not.

I'm working on the assumption that the guy who escaped the kidnap attempt knew the people who tried to do it.

I'm 43 years old, slightly younger than the victim here and I'll tell you now that unless they tasered me into submission there's no way they would get me off the street into a van unless they were professionals at doing this kind of thing which they are clearly not.

If they put a gun or knife to ur throat u sure would get in the van then. They wouldn't hav to be professional's.

Well it's not everyday we read of a trio of Brits coming here to do a kidnap-job & furthermore it goes wrong..something quite strange about this story..?

(We're more likely to read about 3 Brits hiding out here in the LoS due to a kidnap job going wrong elsewhere in the world)

Once they are caught, with they also be charged with working without a permit? Isn't kidnapping a reserved job for Thai?

Once they are caught, with they also be charged with working without a permit? Isn't kidnapping a reserved job for Thai?

NO. Where did you get that idea from?

The "reserved" job is bashing! gigglem.gif

There is nothing about this news story on the internet. Only 3 forums with an appeal for information. Well what information can we give you? You've got it all.

Keep it out of the press so the reward can be claimed by the BIB...coffee1.gif

Brothers ? English ? From London? There's a lot more to this story.or should I say there's a lot more missing from this story. I think I know these two chaps but I can't name them due to defamation laws.

Harry and William?

I

If they put a gun or knife to ur throat u sure would get in the van then. They wouldn't hav to be professional's.

Exactly.

ukrules, you cant say you will react like that until you've been under that pressure. Many guys talk tough but being under pressure can immobilise you.

So three strong young guys are so dumb they can't even bundle a guy in his mid 40's into a van.

Not the brightest...I suspect they will be in prison (where they belong) within days.

Or anyone fitting general description...

Licence number of the van not picked up on any camera ? Rented from ? owned by whom ?

Face recognition software - linked to photos taken at Airport on arrival.

Ditto face software against bank ATM photos on withdrawals in the Bangna area.

Or is it more complicated than that ?

Even if I knew these guys, I would not be going to the police to help them with anything, you might end up guilty by association....!

If you have ever read "Welcome to Hell". You know what I mean.

You and these 3 idiots watch too many movies..