Where to buy quality paint for re-spray?

Hello people. Im looking to buy 4 types of paint for a re-spray, which is actualy for a motorbike restoration I am in the middle of. I know this is the car forum but I figured not too many people here re-spray there bikes so figured it would be ok to post here. Mods feel free to move if it isnt, thanks.

I am after etch primer, primer, top coat and clear laquer. I live in hua Hin, cant find any here, I am hoping some of you car guys might know of a decent shop in BKK?

While I am at it, I know this is a bit of a long shot but could anyone suggest a real good spray shop to do the actual work? I have a guy lined up in Hua HIn but if you guys know of a top quality proffesional shop who will do all the prep work needed and a top job of the re-spray it would help, thanks. Knowing where to buy the paint is more important at this stage though!

Any help appreciated, I realy have hit a dead end here.

Many thanks

TLS

I would recommend going into paint shops and asking where they buy their consumables. Many larger shops also have their own mixing schemes. It is also difficult supplying your own paint and expecting the shop to produce top quality work as each brand of paint has different qualities. If the painter has never used the brand of paint you supply, the finish will be compromised.

Etch primer can be sourced from 3M. Google it.

Clear lacquer isn't very durable compared to the clearcoat urethanes that are used on new cars. Lacquer is also a lot more work as it must be sanded and polished after the paint cures. It "dies back" and gets foggy look on the surface until it is polished. Also be sure your primers and paints are compatible. Some paints including lacquer can bubble and lift other paints they are painted over.

Cheers.

Would plastidip not work?

Would plastidip somehow be able to help the OP locate a supplier of good quality paint?

Plastidip is far easier to find here than actual decent quality paint. And a lot cheaper.

There is a paint shop near Punnawithi BTS station. He sells predominantly to auto re-sprayers. The guy speaks English and is very helpful.

Probably knows who to talk to , to get the painting done.

https://goo.gl/maps/e5zUeMSHTWK2

Address 2356/11-12 ถนนสุขุมวิท แขวงบางจาก เขตพระโขนง กทม 1026
DELETED
PM for details
If painting the frame why not powder coat?
Edited by seedy
fone number

Plastic dip is not a good idea for frames, the coating is not of uniform thickness and melts if in contact with anything above blood heat. Powder coating is what you need.

I have tried many different spray paints from DIY places and they have all been pretty crap, maybe the heat, or maybe they re crap, even one made in Japan.

Edited by AllanB

Post Edited - Forum Rule -

8) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.