Jomtiem Condo, Buying to live in ? (Park Lane, Paradise Park)

Peterw42

Ref .Baan Suan L. >>Hallways smelt of cat pee.<<......Funny enough when an Estate agent was showing me a few units there ,we spotted an old lady with a cat .(Pets are not supposed to be allowed ). Many of the units in that complex were renovated to a high standard by Iguna (Israeli Company ) ,who are the original builders of Park Lane .They later went into partnership with Matrix ,around the same time they built Paradise Park .

I bought my Unit in Park Lane off plan .Half way through the build most of the floor tiles in my unit had cracked and had to be replaced .Other than the Balcony drainage problem ,i did not have any other issue with it ,once i moved in .It did take a year though to get my own electricity meter ,so i was paying the management Company B7 a unit /electric ,until i got meter and Government rate of B3.5 a unit .

Yes, Baan Suan has the appearance that a lot of Condo rules are not enforced, Pets, Thai outdoor kitchen on balcony's, someones broken down noodle cart in the carpark. The guy that owns Iguna/Matrix, does he have a daughter, lol

Did you enjoy living in ParkLane ?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

>>Is Soi Wat Boon a boring place ?<<...........It was lively enough when i left 6 years ago .Winchester Pub ,Maggie Mays , Music bar opposite Majestic Condo .Must be far more developed now .

I had a scooter ,but its only a 10 maybe 15 minute walk to Beach road ,and the stream of Baht busses .

There is a motorbike taxi stand out the front of park Lane. Or the golf cart shuttle. There always seems to be a lot of people walking to the beach though.

>>Did you enjoy living in ParkLane ?<<......I only ever lived there myself for about 6 weeks ,and then had it rented out .(was getting B10,000 a month 5 or 6 years ago ).Yes i liked it .My unit was very quiet as there was only one or two other units occupied on that floor at the time .The layout of the Condo itself is nicely done ,to get a separate bedroom ,and large shower room in a total area of only 36 sqm.

I notice the builders of new builds are getting greedy and offering units of only 25 sqm in many cases. In those 6 years since i left ( but have been back for visits ) there must be at least a doubling of the number of Condo units in Jomtien .One place in particular astonished me on my last visit .Its about 50 story's high ,on Beach road itself .

Edited by anto

The laborer camp is between Amazon and Park Lane/Paradise Park. Going from memory, I think this is the layout:

attachicon.gifa.jpg

I think the area between the laborer's camp and Soi Watboon is used to park trucks and other construction equipment.

Boundary A is not Amazon. Amazon is the development next to boundary C.

Now I'm wondering the name of the project in boundary A. It's along the main road.

Atlantis I think

Whoopsie. I think you are right: I got Amazon mixed up with Atlantis. Sorry!

>>Did you enjoy living in ParkLane ?<<......I only ever lived there myself for about 6 weeks ,and then had it rented out .(was getting B10,000 a month 5 or 6 years ago ).Yes i liked it .My unit was very quiet as there was only one or two other units occupied on that floor at the time .The layout of the Condo itself is nicely done ,to get a separate bedroom ,and large shower room in a total area of only 36 sqm.

Yes, that is part of the attraction. Its hard to find that separate bedroom in that price range.

I would choose an established condo not park lane etc they are like Russian flats, very hard to re sell. There are some good older condos around,

mobile

Yes, I tend to agree with you. Have looked at some more established Condo's. Most are bigger but are studios, no separate bedroom. Priced 2 mill up.

I need to find that balance. I do have concerns about the "Siberia by the sea"

Are you guys particular on having a pool view by the balcony ?

Not at all, have looked at both. The only thing I wouldn't be keen on is outside of building facing dead west, afternoon sun.

Are you guys particular on having a pool view by the balcony ?

Not at all, have looked at both. The only thing I wouldn't be keen on is outside of building facing dead west, afternoon sun.

In Jomtien, if you want sea view you must put up with the afternoon sun.

>>Is Soi Wat Boon a boring place ?<<...........It was lively enough when i left 6 years ago .Winchester Pub ,Maggie Mays , Music bar opposite Majestic Condo .Must be far more developed now .

I had a scooter ,but its only a 10 maybe 15 minute walk to Beach road ,and the stream of Baht busses .

On the way home will the tgf be happy to walk 15 minutes in high heels? Thousands of condos right on the bus route, get one or one in the centre of town.

On the way home will the tgf be happy to walk 15 minutes in high heels? Thousands of condos right on the bus route, get one or one in the centre of town.

I would not buy a Condo just to fit in with Hookers .I chose Jomtien years ago to be away from the madness of Pattaya yet easily accessible to it .If i moved down there again i would now be thinking of Ban Sarah ,further down the coast .Jomtien is now too crowded for my taste ,especially when all the Thai families land at weekends .

Bangsarray is really nice and quiet, the southern end of the same beach as Jomtien. Not much old stock there and the new builds are expensive. Beach is clean and you can park right on the beach.

And all the nice army beaches are very close

Yes Bang Saray i meant .A lot of new builds there now .Many studios for around the B1M .One bedrooms may be close to B2M .(beware silly size studios at 24 sqm ) .

Yes, new studios are 20 something sq meters, too small. A nightmare trying to buy an established Condo down there. The same condo can have 2-3 different prices on it. One agent says its sold another says its not. Condo managers trying to be real estate agents and get commission. We love it there but have given up.

Dear GaryB1263... I don't want to mention the name on here of the Condo I live in.

Let us just say that there are many very similar new developments just like this one. 2 very large identical 8 storey ones are under construction close by in Jomtien.

They have glass fronted balconies - these stop any draught and flow of air making the ventilation even worse.

Narrow corridors have you smelling the body odour of anyone passing your door if you leave the door open to try and get some breeze.

On the lower floors these developments are far too close to the swimming pools. Noise and constant flow of people basically 6 feet from you all day is not on.

Another no no are the condos with roof top pools... This issue has been covered in previous posts on Thai Visa before. Bad idea.

The flat roof of the building I am in is half the size of a football pitch and has only 12 mostly blocked 2 inch drain holes... it floods.

This is causing problems with the external walls cracking and splitting.

Basically, the quirky ones with Pirate ships, wave machines and salt water pools and the more it looks like Disney world...avoid it.

The salt water pools if they dont get the mix right turn into green or brown algal bloom farms.

Why am still here ? Waiting for the lease to run out, get my deposit back and get out Pronto !

Nuff said.

>>Why am still here ? Waiting for the lease to run out, get my deposit back and get out Pronto !<<

At least you are not stuck .When i was selling my unit in Park Lane ( no big problems with the place ,but hard to manage the rental from up here in Chiang Mai ) ,it took a full year to get a buyer .Now 6 years later ,Park Lane units seem to have gone down in price .It would be even harder to sell there today i think ,with the flood of Condos in Jomtien for sale .

>>One agent says its sold another says its not. Condo managers trying to be real estate agents and get commission. We love it there but have given up.<<

Try to deal with the owner directly .Usually via notice boards etc .Some will be very eager to negotiate in the current climate .Estate agents all over Thailand can not be trusted .Saying that they are dodgy enough in the West also .

Which one has the big migrant laborer camp next door ?

I saw some old posts about a noisy labor camp next door. I think it was the laborers building paradise park, making noise for the existing park lane.

It was me that posted about this . I lived in Paradise Park and moved there in 2013. The noise was terrible so I sold it and moved out. Whatever you do, do not buy a unit with an outside view. The pool side is much better. But be preapared for noisy neigbors, the walls between the rooms are very thin.

It was a mistake of me to buy off-plan but I learned my lesson. Now I rent instead in a quite location and can move out any time. If you buy you're stuck there if you don't like it.

>> Whatever you do, do not buy a unit with an outside view. << I did in Park Lane ,and it worked out .Maybe if i had a unit facing the pool it may have sold quicker though ? .I consider myself lucky in getting a buyer who payed the asking price and did not try to low ball .

I would choose an established condo not park lane etc they are like Russian flats, very hard to re sell. There are some good older condos around,

mobile

Jomtien Beach Condominium, second road, Blocks A 1.2 and 3, best value around. 700K and up.

>> Whatever you do, do not buy a unit with an outside view. << I did in Park Lane ,and it worked out .Maybe if i had a unit facing the pool it may have sold quicker though ? .I consider myself lucky in getting a buyer who payed the asking price and did not try to low ball .

Except for the screaming kids at the pool every arvo and evening, its ok here. Park Lane. As for the Russians, they are bloody ignorant so I same same back to them. Not flamin worries mate.

Edited by sandgroper2

I think the new Amazon resort next to Paradise Park is a better option now if you have to live in that area. If the workers camp has moved out , maybe not a lot of construction going on there. Only barking dogs and local noise from the neighbors to worry about.

Edited by balo

mobile

Jomtien Beach Condominium, second road, Blocks A 1.2 and 3, best value around. 700K and up.

Thanks. I had a quick search and the price seems to be around 1.2m Baht, for 30sqm studio. 6-8 listings at that price. One listing at 700,000 but I suspect that is a ghost listing, clickbait. It looks like an older well built block, Nice pool etc.

Ideally looking for that separate bedroom, that's what keeps me coming back to Park Lane etc.

I think the new Amazon resort next to Paradise Park is a better option now if you have to live in that area. If the workers camp has moved out , maybe not a lot of construction going on there. Only barking dogs and local noise from the neighbors to worry about.

Thanks, We will have a look next visit.

Thing is, it was only completed 2014, so people think its worth what they paid or more.

>>

>> One listing at B700,000 but I suspect that is a ghost listing <<.....

.Its probably in Building A2 both sides ,or A1 and A3 on the sides with no view other than the next block .

Edited by anto

mobile

Thanks. I had a quick search and the price seems to be around 1.2m Baht, for 30sqm studio. 6-8 listings at that price. One listing at 700,000 but I suspect that is a ghost listing, clickbait. It looks like an older well built block, Nice pool etc.

Ideally looking for that separate bedroom, that's what keeps me coming back to Park Lane etc.

Separate bedroom, more cleaning, just give me somewhere to cook, shower, do my business, sleep and lounge around. And on a baht bus route.

>>

.Its probably in Building A2 both sides ,or A1 and A3 on the sides with no view other than the next block .

Probably in original condition. My mate is looking at a lovely upgraded one in A3 for just 800 or so.

>>

Probably in original condition. My mate is looking at a lovely upgraded one in A3 for just 800 or so.

I bought one in A3 years ago around 2003 in original condition .Facing A2 so no view .B400,000 at the time .Lots of work to do .No floor tiles ,cheap suspended ceiling .Ancient A/C,no cooking facilities ,no furniture of coarse .Took at least B200,000 to get it the way i wanted .(and that was doing it myself ) .Put in a hid-a-bed or a Murphy bed as they are called in America .Had a Scorpion metal door (with wood veneer surface ) having 3 mortise locks .Rubber sealed all round to hid noise from the hallway .Had it for 7 years ,untill i left Jomtien .

Edited by anto