Jomtiem Condo, Buying to live in ? (Park Lane, Paradise Park)

Peterw42

there is a condo for sale in the Axis at Phra Tamnak hill which is being offered as " very cheap ". Is this the beginning of the end?gigglem.gif

If a person needs a quick sale ,then the only way is to be cheaper than similar by a significant amount .Especially with the glut of Condos on the market .Again try to deal with the owner directly .Some people though are willing to hold out for years if necessary .There is no property tax in Thailand so it costs then nothing other than the yearly maintenance fee.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JBC backside off Jomtiem 2nd rd very pikey tired looking, imho 1.2 is silly 800 ish, majestic old or not far off. Has the Op looked at lumpini seaview I would suggest worth a butchers not sure on prices but seems decent build and well managed.

>>

>> One listing at B700,000 but I suspect that is a ghost listing <<.....

.Its probably in Building A2 both sides ,or A1 and A3 on the sides with no view other than the next block .

Probably in original condition. My mate is looking at a lovely upgraded one in A3 for just 800 or so.

I bought one in A3 years ago around 2003 in original condition .Facing A2 so no view .B400,000 at the time .Lots of work to do .No floor tiles ,cheap suspended ceiling .Ancient A/C,no cooking facilities ,no furniture of coarse .Took at least B200,000 to get it the way i wanted .(and that was doing it myself ) .Put in a hid-a-bed or a Murphy bed as they are called in America .Had a Scorpion metal door (with wood veneer surface ) having 3 mortise locks .Rubber sealed all round to hid noise from the hallway .Had it for 7 years ,untill i left Jomtien .

Thats nice.

JBC backside off Jomtiem 2nd rd very pikey tired looking, imho 1.2 is silly 800 ish, majestic old or not far off. Has the Op looked at lumpini seaview I would suggest worth a butchers not sure on prices but seems decent build and well managed.

JBC repainted 2 or 3 years ago, well maintained.

Are you insane ? JBC is well managed and they still get high prices ,only because of its position ,great management and facilities .Majestic is a total dump in comparison .A creepy hole of a place with bars on doors and a dirty small pool .

Had a condo in S1 JBC, can't knock it as it was well managed.

Problems I encountered though, included the lifts being old and one in my block finally gave up the ghost.

The company (Finish) that installed it had gone out of business so the parts were hard to find. (I don't really blame management for that).

Anyway it had a very nice view if that's important.

Had a condo in S1 JBC, can't knock it as it was well managed.

Problems I encountered though, included the lifts being old and one in my block finally gave up the ghost.

The company (Finish) that installed it had gone out of business so the parts were hard to find. (I don't really blame management for that).

Anyway it had a very nice view if that's important.

It is important to us that you had a nice view.

>>Anyway it had a very nice view if that's important.<<.....Sometimes i had a nice view of tasty young Thai girls ,on the balcony's of A2 .LOL .At night i closed the curtains and pretended that there was a ocean view outside .lol

Anto do you also view the massive burning fly tip down the side as some sort of night glow, Think you'll find jbc is in fact a similar age to majestic.

The side of A3 i was ,you could not see that .Yes Majestic and JBC around the same age ,but totally different quality ,and security maintenance etc ,Also facilities .JBC with 2 very large pools ,a gym,in fact two of them .Shops ,Restaurants .Directly opposite the beach .Majestic 800 meters from the beach . The only good thing about Majestic is that they have a reasonable sized balcony on each unit .The balcony on JBC is tiny .

Since we are on this topic, on a scale from 1 to 10, how important are the following to you:

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony

3) Pool view

4) Big swimming pool

5) 7 Eleven within walking distance

6) Near baht bus route

Note 1 = not important, 10 = very important

Since we are on this topic, on a scale from 1 to 10, how important are the following to you:

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony

3) Pool view

4) Big swimming pool

6) Near baht bus route

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony (smoker)

3) Big swimming pool

4) 7 Eleven within walking distance

5) Pool view

6) Near baht bus route

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony

3) Pool view

4) Big swimming pool

6) Near baht bus route

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony (smoker)

3) Big swimming pool

5) Pool view

6) Near baht bus route

Is that in your order of priority ?

For me,

1) Separate bedroom = scale of 1 - 10 = 7

2) Big balcony = 7

3) Big swimming pool = 7

4) 7 Eleven within walking distance = 7

5) Pool view = 5

6) Near baht bus route = 9

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony

3) Pool view

4) Big swimming pool

6) Near baht bus route

1) Separate bedroom

2) Big balcony (smoker)

3) Big swimming pool

5) Pool view

6) Near baht bus route

Is that in your order of priority ?

For me,

2) Big balcony = 7

3) Big swimming pool = 7

4) 7 Eleven within walking distance = 7

5) Pool view = 5

6) Near baht bus route = 9

2) Big balcony = 9

3) Big swimming pool = 9

4) 7 Eleven within walking distance = 8

5) Pool view = 3

6) Near baht bus route = 8

A separate bedroom reduces your living space. EG. 35 sq mtr condo with separate bed/r, 17.5 sq mtr living space. 27 sq mtr condo, 27 sq mtr living space,minus size of bed. I dont consider a bedroom "living space". Its only used about 8 hours a day.

A separate bedroom reduces your living space. EG. 35 sq mtr condo with separate bed/r, 17.5 sq mtr living space. 27 sq mtr condo, 27 sq mtr living space,minus size of bed. I dont consider a bedroom "living space". Its only used about 8 hours a day.

I agree with you. More often than not, the bedroom is super small that you can hardly walk. There isn't a space for a suitcase.

I prefer the real suite where the room is partitioned to separate the space between bed and sofa, just like a hotel suite.

A big balcony is necessary if you live in a studio because you won't want to eat beside your bed. Then again when your balcony is your dining area, you want a good view from the balcony. One leads to another.

Suggest you take a look at View Talay Residence 1+2 on Sai 2, opposite the end of Soi 5. Good build quality, ok managed. But probably above 1M.

Way above 1m, 2m up.

Have you looked at La Lanna on Chaiyapruek.

Get a condo overlooking the pool??

Wherever you are thinking of buying, you should rent for 6 months before buying.

Do you mean Baan Suan Lalana ?

There are 3-4 blocks I like, do I have to live in each for 6 months, lol

I think the decline has only just started. Some of the complexs I look in have 20% for sale. But this is thailand and the rules of supply and demand dont seem to apply here.

Thousands of condos on the market is a cue for developers to start building. And increase the price.

Have you looked at La Lanna on Chaiyapruek.

Get a condo overlooking the pool??

Wherever you are thinking of buying, you should rent for 6 months before buying.

Do you mean Baan Suan Lalana ?

There are 3-4 blocks I like, do I have to live in each for 6 months, lol

No, you should stay in each block for 1 or 2 months. By the end of 6 months, you would have covered 3-4 blocks.

>>No, you should stay in each block for 1 or 2 months. By the end of 6 months, you would have covered 3-4 blocks.<<

It would be good if you could rent the unit ,that you are later going to buy.My pet hate is Thai residents that leave their Condo door open ,during the day ,generating cooking smells and noise . Also i had a Thai neighbor who used to spy on me ,taking note of who i was inviting back .When i met my now wife ,she got my whole life history from this old dragon .

Baan Suan Lalana ,though is good in that regard ,as i remember that the doors open out to an open passage way ,with no neighbors directly across the hallway .

Edited by anto

>>No, you should stay in each block for 1 or 2 months. By the end of 6 months, you would have covered 3-4 blocks.<<

It would be good if you could rent the unit ,that you are later going to buy.My pet hate is Thai residents that leave their Condo door open ,during the day ,generating cooking smells and noise . Also i had a Thai neighbor who used to spy on me ,taking note of who i was inviting back .When i met my now wife ,she got my whole life history from this old dragon .

Baan Suan Lalana ,though is good in that regard ,as i remember that the doors open out to an open passage way ,with no neighbors directly across the hallway .

Baan Suan Lalanais an odd condo complex, Some aspects of it are maintained really well, the pools the gardens etc. Some other aspects seem to be ignored, Thai outdoor kitchens on balconeys, when i went to look the hallways smelt of cat pee, broken down noodle cart in the car park etc.

Like most of these complex's, a lot for sale and prices all over the place.

>>broken down noodle cart in the car park etc. <<

Jomtien Beach Condominium ,had a covered parking lot with 3 floors aprox .In the 7 years a lived there some old cars never moved .There was a high end Mercedes with flat rotten tires and a thick layer of dust .Wonder if its still there ?