Jomtiem Condo, Buying to live in ? (Park Lane, Paradise Park)

Peterw42

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if I were you I would have spent the money on traveling around the world, not wasted money in a room on Jomtien Beach

In my case i done both .I never considered buying a small Condo a waste .It was great to have a base ,and leave my things there between visits .When i sold after 7 years i got my money back and more ,and saved B100,000 s on Hotel bills .

A separate bedroom reduces your living space. EG. 35 sq mtr condo with separate bed/r, 17.5 sq mtr living space. 27 sq mtr condo, 27 sq mtr living space,minus size of bed. I dont consider a bedroom "living space". Its only used about 8 hours a day.

Not the case with me. I have a large bedroom with a sofa and balcony. I use it as much as the lounge. Any one with a tgf knows you need another space unless you like watching thai soaps 24 hours a day.

I agree though if you buy one of these matchboxes with a "bedroom" just big enough for a bed it probably is a waste.

Edited by Henryford

if I were you I would have spent the money on traveling around the world, not wasted money in a room on Jomtien Beach

In my case i done both .I never considered buying a small Condo a waste .It was great to have a base ,and leave my things there between visits .When i sold after 7 years i got my money back and more ,and saved B100,000 s on Hotel bills .

Yes, the point of the exersise is to stop paying rent, have a base. If I go travelling or back to Australia, I can rent it out.

A big balcony is necessary if you live in a studio because you won't want to eat beside your bed. Then again when your balcony is your dining area, you want a good view from the balcony. One leads to another.

Nah, you just eat ON the bed while you're watching TV/vids. Sorted. Next.

A big balcony is necessary if you live in a studio because you won't want to eat beside your bed. Then again when your balcony is your dining area, you want a good view from the balcony. One leads to another.

That is, if you are equating hospitality with hospitalization. cheesy.gif

Any one with a tgf knows you need another space unless you like watching thai soaps 24 hours a day.

No, you just have another bed/chair at the end of the room and another TV. Then judicious use of headphones solves the noise problem. Seen it done a number of times, works.

>>broken down noodle cart in the car park etc. <<

Jomtien Beach Condominium ,had a covered parking lot with 3 floors aprox .In the 7 years a lived there some old cars never moved .There was a high end Mercedes with flat rotten tires and a thick layer of dust .Wonder if its still there ?

Thanks for that ,got really pissed one night about 8 years ago and forgot where i parked it. Cheers.

Good for you Anto.Some people just cant afford to do both so they resort to knocking people who can.

>>

>> One listing at B700,000 but I suspect that is a ghost listing <<.....

.Its probably in Building A2 both sides ,or A1 and A3 on the sides with no view other than the next block .

Probably in original condition. My mate is looking at a lovely upgraded one in A3 for just 800 or so.

I bought one in A3 years ago around 2003 in original condition .Facing A2 so no view .B400,000 at the time .Lots of work to do .No floor tiles ,cheap suspended ceiling .Ancient A/C,no cooking facilities ,no furniture of coarse .Took at least B200,000 to get it the way i wanted .(and that was doing it myself ) .Put in a hid-a-bed or a Murphy bed as they are called in America .Had a Scorpion metal door (with wood veneer surface ) having 3 mortise locks .Rubber sealed all round to hid noise from the hallway .Had it for 7 years ,untill i left Jomtien .

Should have kept it

To be honest I think studios without a separate bedroom works better for single men without a gf. A separate room is important to create some space for yourself.

I am renting in a "new complex" - it is crap - in a word. The build quality is terrible, I cannot say which one or there might be a court case against me.

Nearly everyone who bought is selling and renters like me are looking to get out.

They try to build to Euro design - sounds good but not. The ventilation is terrible, no through flow of air in the building my apartment is about 10C hotter than outside and I could roast chickens in the shower/toilet room.

Drains are a nightmare and they stink. Underground parking floods.

Work is half assed finished and there are cables hanging out off wall sockets in the corridors and ceilings. Cracked and broken tiles on all of the floors....the list goes on and on ...so now you know.

I mistakenly moved in thinking these "minor" issues would be resolved quickly as the high season was due to start last year.....

The best thing to do is visit as many places as you can check out and look carefully at the whole package and speak to people already living in the condos. Older buildings have had most of the above issues resolved or never had them in the first place.

Even if there were only 20 condos its impossible to know that "Nearly everyone who bought is selling and renters like me are looking to get out".

Most places have hundreds of condos split between Thais and farang so your statement is total BS. Why be a drama queen ? coffee1.gif

Why would anyone wish to sleep in their kitchen?... Always a one bed for me

Or cook in your Bedroom !

I can think of lots of reasons a sep bedroom is better. Studio is defiantly a single guy thing.

That is, if you are equating hospitality with hospitalization. cheesy.gif

Good 'nuff for Hugh Hefner; good 'nuff for you.