I am sick at the moment.

BSJ

Yes boys and girl's I come back to Australia for a holiday and everytime I go into a motorbike shop I see all the fantastic models not available in LOS at reasonable Aussie prices and it makes me feel sick.

Oh, well I'll be back in LOS soon and my health will return! rolleyes.gif

never rode a road bike when there. when i was there earlier this year noticed how much stricter traffic laws were. i think if i rode a bike in Australia i would lose my licence in a day having learnt Thai style! biggrin.png At least they allow lane filtering now (at least in NSW).

never rode a road bike when there. when i was there earlier this year noticed how much stricter traffic laws were. i think if i rode a bike in Australia i would lose my licence in a day having learnt Thai style! biggrin.png At least they allow lane filtering now (at least in NSW).

I got really sick of the cops when I lived there, 2km/h over the limit, a big fine, driving interstate at the same speed as everyone else, a big fine, a mate's car broke down, threatened with a big fine. Then someone hit my car (and drove off), cops did nothing as the driver lived 100km away, they couldn't be bothered. Ausi cops are the pits, best not ride a bike there, or you could die on the roads and then get fined.

If I go back I have 4 days hard labour to serve for non payment of fines.

Stick to Thailand cops are 100 better.

I got really sick of the cops when I lived there, 2km/h over the limit, a big fine, driving interstate at the same speed as everyone else, a big fine, a mate's car broke down, threatened with a big fine. Then someone hit my car (and drove off), cops did nothing as the driver lived 100km away, they couldn't be bothered. Ausi cops are the pits, best not ride a bike there, or you could die on the roads and then get fined.

If I go back I have 4 days hard labour to serve for non payment of fines.

Stick to Thailand cops are 100 better.

i know what you mean. my brother was nabbed by 2 motorbike cops and given a $67 fine, His crime was walking against a red don't-walk signal in the CDB when the road was empty.

Yeah....I'm back in Oz and sick too - because it's sooo friken cold lol

I think The Thai Motor Vehicle lines is incurable unfortunately........ but things are better now than 10 yrs ago!

For any other homesick Aussies - this is what you are missing out on the streets :D :

I think The Thai Motor Vehicle lines is incurable unfortunately........ but things are better now than 10 yrs ago!

For any other homesick Aussies - this is what you are missing out on the streets biggrin.png :

I try to avoid looking at those dash cam accidents .Even worse ones from Russia .

For any other homesick Aussies - this is what you are missing out on the streets biggrin.png :

And people complain here about Thai drivers ??? If you don't get bitten by a spider/snake/croc ... Aussie drivers will get you !

i think the Thai cops are not that bad, they cost me less than 50baht/year in fines, I can dig that. The cops in Oz are nothing but revenue collectors, completely useless at anything else, in the UK they use cameras, the bloody things are everywhere, so don't shit too fast, or they will have you by the short and curlies. The Yanks pull guns on you... no, that does make them worse than the Ausis. The French try to nick me but I just speak very fast and throw some Danish phrases in that add to the confusion and they let me go, but don't try that in Holland, their English is usually way too good.

I am currently in Portugal where they have a crazy toll road system otherwise the cops are fine....the biking here is absolutely superb. but the bikes are very expensive, with import duty and 23%vat. Riding a 50cc Peugeot Clic, right now (two up) can't wait to get back..must get a UK bike licence.

Okay the Thai range of bikes is a bit limited, but the ones they have are really cheap, hopefully Asean will help? Hang on that is what we said about the CM=EEC which is now the EU gravy train ripoff..