Massage and Euro 2016 gambling raids in Chiang Mai - nothing illegal found but watch out, say police

webfact

Massage and Euro 2016 gambling raids in Chiang Mai - nothing illegal found but watch out, say police

s1pm.jpg
Image: Daily News

CHIANG MAI: -- A huge force of police and soldiers descended on two massage parlours in Chiang Mai Monday evening.

But after nothing illegal was found the 200 strong force moved to restaurants and entertainment venues to check on gambling at the Euro 2016 football tournament reported Daily News.

Again nothing untoward was discovered. But head of the raiding party Montri Sambunnanon of the provincial police said that all police stations in all areas should be on the lookout for illegal activities. He warned that if illegal activities were found later stations could face severe action.

Raids were conducted first at Amarin soapy massage in the Pingpayom hotel and Sayuri Massage both in downtown Chiang Mai. All licenses were found to be in order, there were no foreign girls and no one was underage. Urine tests for drugs all came back negative.

The crackdown then moved to restaurants and other entertainment venues as the force looked for gamblers at the Euros.

Montri said: "We may have not found anything today but I have ordered all stations in all areas to inspect their jurisdictions for illegal activities.

"If it is found by other agencies that illegal activities are being permitted there will be severe sanctions," he warned.

There has been a nationwide crackdown on gambling with the start of the Euros while many raids of massage parlours have ben carried out in Bangkok. At Nataree massage in Bangkok an alleged tea money list that was found led to the transfer of several top policemen at Huay Kwang station.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-14

If the police/army really wanted to clamp down on illegal activities, they should go incognito. The enmass approach is hardly going to catch anybody.

IMHO Noted establishments mentioned above would have advance warning of any raids, assuming their monthly brown envelope is well padded..cheesy.gif

Look at them all; heads on them like mice chasing the cheese. Looks like the entire Chiang Mai police force is there. After the fun show they all go back to the station smiling and nodding wisely to each other. Mission successful - nothing found.

Why are they targeting registered, controlled, tourist massage establishments?

If they are serious about a crackdown on trafficking, about protection of people caught up in said trafficking, then why not target the known places where this goes on?

And please, if i know of places with this sort of reputation, as a visitor, then my constructive criticism would be for the forces that be get their local intelligence networks sorted out and do something about it.

This posturing for the cameras isn't doing anything for their reputation. As for the Euro 2016 gambling, there should be no comment from me, but as an observation it may be an idea to target the money-men rather than the punters; crashing bars and entertainment venues mob handed isn't going to cut it.

Its all to do with them being serious or not.............................sad.png

If the police/army really wanted to clamp down on illegal activities, they should go incognito. The enmass approach is hardly going to catch anybody.

IMHO Noted establishments mentioned above would have advance warning of any raids, assuming their monthly brown envelope is well padded..cheesy.gif

It's a bit hard to go incognito when you're a regular customer.

"Nothing illegal found" = a swift last minute envelope pass saved the day.. :>

Doubt it. Since the raid on the Nataree in Bangkok all the other soapies and massage parlours have had loads of time to get their acts together, and bet they,ve been tipped off as well.

I think the Watch out warning means, stay on your toes, we will be keeping an eye on your activities from now on. Not finding any underage girls, had to laugh at that one, in Chiang Mai? They must be joking. Some of the grot I`ve seen in LK and in the city, they`ll be lucky to find any BGs and massage women under 40 that give their ages as 36 if asked.

A complete waste of time - it's a shame they don't do anything useful like policing the highways for dangerous driving

The whole world is gambling on Euro 2016 except Thailand - what does that tell you about priorities here As for massage parlours - regular inspections by a few inspectors needed not a mass raid by the cavalry

This post, and the recent previous ones, all giving the names of police certified, clean, legal, drug free, sex centers, in both Chiang Mai and Bangkok, read more like an address book / advertising material for sexpats and the like, rather than news.

Sponsors of tv maybe?

Edited by mankondang

“ … after nothing illegal was found the 200 strong force” of police and soldiers. Montri (head of the raiding party of the provincial police) said: "We may have not found anything today ..." Prostitution is illegal for starters. How can he say that?facepalm.gif

Edited by Siamwhiteelephant

Meanwhile while this PR charade was taking place 2 Thai people were shot in San Sai ,one lady killed and the perps escaped and can't be found.

Prority is a raid on what is apparently a legal business, even prostitution is illegal in the country, and no drugs or under age girls were present. Glad the photographer was tipped off

if You believe that all these venues have been operating 'clean' same now before recently, that is what they want you to think and believe (as they want the rest or the 'tourist world' to believe.)

The police get money from these establishments routinely for 'protection' ............. You would be clean also if you knew they were coming (forewarned).................

That one in Bangkok that got busted was undoubtedly raided without warning and most likely by 'ARMY' factions without the Police knowing to warn the establishment. Now before the 'ARMY' hits any more the police have alerted all the others to 'be Clean'

My big question is why isn't HIV testing being done? (So easy while 'Pee' testing for drugs.)

NGOs, YOU are missing the boat...... Here............ Would be valuable Statistics.......................

Meanwhile while this PR charade was taking place 2 Thai people were shot in San Sai ,one lady killed and the perps escaped and can't be found.

Prority is a raid on what is apparently a legal business, even prostitution is illegal in the country, and no drugs or under age girls were present. Glad the photographer was tipped off

As were the venues 'tiped-off' to be 'clean''............. Police getting of their asses for one day to put on a good show................

As were the venues 'tiped-off' to be 'clean''............. Police getting of their asses for one day to put on a good show................

I guess scared to death, start to remind me of the 5-year jackboot Gestapo occupation.

Last Post and not a single one dared to hit "I LIKE" except for one and that was me hit "I LIKE".

How right Bernard Trink always was with his TIT.

Sometimes someone tests positive during these massage parlor and club raids. They seem to test a lot of urine here and it would be quite expensive to test for traces of multiple drugs. What do they test for, just yaa baa? If that's the case I could see why there aren't that many positives.

How is it that there is never a positive drugs test. I refuse to believe that all these girls are not on something. Law of averages says that someone would test positive