Nok Air suspends co-pilot from duty over inappropriate Line Chat

webfact

Nok Air suspends co-pilot from duty over inappropriate Line Chat

CFIT-wpcf_728x410.png

Nok Air has suspended the co-pilot from duty for two weeks over a Line chat among pilot friends saying former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was on board the flight he would fly from Phrae to Bangkok on Sunday.

Nok Air deputy CEO for operation Flying Officer Norahat Ploiyai said the co-pilot was questioned over the Line chat.

He said that he had no bad intentions and the Line message he sent was just a joke among the group of pilot friends.

However the deputy CEO said the messages he sent were inappropriate and therefore he was suspended from duty temporarily for 1-2 weeks.

But for the person who sent the “CFIT” message in the Line chat, it was found to be a pilot trainee of AirAsia.

CFIT is an acronym for Controlled Flight Into Terrain – technical language for crashing an airplane.

Thai AirAsia chief executive Tassapon Bijleveld said after calling an urgent meeting with pilots that the person who posted “CFIT” is not yet a pilot but is still under pilot training course.

Initially his training course was suspended and would go back to the beginning for attitude test.

If he passes the attitude test, the airline is ready to accept him to enter pilot training course again, the chief executive said.

Meanwhile the director of the Civil Aviation Department Sqn Ldr Alongkot Poolsuk said the existing civil aviation crime law can deal only with anyone who makes statements, serious or not, about a potential aviation threat.

It does not cover posts in the social media, he said.

But for ethics reason, this was the matter of each responsible airline to investigate and tackle those offendees, he said and added the the Department only has the duty to inspect and issue pilot licence.

But he said the Department has sent notification to all airlines to tighten control of their personnel on Line chat that any comment must not threaten aviation safety.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nok-air-suspends-co-pilot-duty-inappropriate-line-chat/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-14

Meanwhile the director of the Civil Aviation Department Sqn Ldr Alongkot Poolsuk said the existing civil aviation crime law can deal only with anyone who makes statements, serious or not, about a potential aviation threat.

It does not cover posts in the social media, he said.

Well that's certainly convenient.

A post on social media does not qualify as a "statement"? Somebody should tell the Junta this news.

With all the new computer crimes amendments, it's easier to bang up someone's mom for posting, "OK", for 10 years.

A controlled flight into terrain (CFIT, usually pronounced cee-fit) is an accident in which an airworthy aircraft, under pilot control, is unintentionally flown into the ground, a mountain, a body of water or an obstacle. In a typical CFIT scenario, the crew is unaware of the impending disaster until too late. The term was coined by engineers at Boeing the late 1970's

from wikipedia

A controlled flight into terrain (CFIT, usually pronounced cee-fit) is an accident in which an airworthy aircraft, under pilot control, is unintentionally flown into the ground, a mountain, a body of water or an obstacle. In a typical CFIT scenario, the crew is unaware of the impending disaster until too late. The term was coined by engineers at Boeing the late 1970's

from wikipedia

Jiminy crickets Batman, thanks for the lesson on how to copy and paste from Wikipedia.

So I understand that Air Asia have suicidal pilot in training, and does not take the "one and only appropriate actions" to remove that suicidal pilot from being ever a real pilot ???? can't understand.

Air Asia is just waiting for one of her future flights to crash because this suicidal pilot in training could mislead the teachers or bribe them in giving him a pilot certificate

in airplane accidents even near-misses are investigated to prevent re-occurence : please read the report from German Wing suicidal pilot crash

Nok Air CEO: "Sorry we took 24 hours before suspending our co-pilot .... we needed time to check whether he had any ties to

i) Generals, Admirals, Air Chief Marshals

ii) Dukes, Earls and other nobs

iii) my immediate family

Now that we are sure he doesn't, we are immediately taking swift action."

So I understand that Air Asia have suicidal pilot in training, and does not take the "one and only appropriate actions" to remove that suicidal pilot from being ever a real pilot ???? can't understand.

Air Asia is just waiting for one of her future flights to crash because this suicidal pilot in training could mislead the teachers or bribe them in giving him a pilot certificate

in airplane accidents even near-misses are investigated to prevent re-occurence : please read the report from German Wing suicidal pilot crash

You understand they have a suicidal pilot in training. On what facts do you base that definitive statement?

There are already reasons to avoid Nok Air like their age-old planes.

I'm no fan of Nok myself but their fleet is in fact pretty young -- average of about 6.7 years, roughly half the age of the fleets of the major U.S. carriers.

In the UK a few years ago, Stone Roses singer Ian Brown was sentenced to three months in the nick for jokingly threatening to chop off a BA stewadess's hands when she tried to take something that he hadn't finished with. He served the sentence too, with early release for good behaviour.

Aviation law is international, isn't it? Wonder if this pilot will be prosecuted for making a much bigger joke than Ian Brown's?

Edited by Khun Han

so slag off former deposed PM and it does not qualify, the slightest mention of we know who and it's a death sentence in jail, land of the free ha ha.

What are you waffling on about? She wasn't deposed. She was removed from office by a court for breaking the law.

Blow a whistle at the ex-wife of a former PM who is a convicted criminal on the lam and the boys will go and machine gun your old mum's house.

Some sensitive types in Thai elite circles.

so slag off former deposed PM and it does not qualify, the slightest mention of we know who and it's a death sentence in jail, land of the free ha ha.

... death sentence in jail...?

he makes it up as he goes along, and adds a bit of hyperbole for good luck!

Well, under these circumstances you cannot go to any restaurant, department store nor board a bus.

How many times have all of us released steam with sentences like "could have killed this c...t" or "poison that id...ot", "shoot the bloody b....ard" etc. etc. etc.

On that note, that CFIT was certainly almost applied by Yingluck and her cronies; she almost succeeded to crash an entire country while the puppet master would have be able to refer to his teflon-coated alibi of not being in the Land when it happened, Nuff said!

from wikipedia

Jiminy crickets Batman, thanks for the lesson on how to copy and paste from Wikipedia.

I believe he intended the product of the process and not the process, to be read and comprehended, since the use of CFIT in the article was incomplete and misleading.

What are you waffling on about? She wasn't deposed. She was removed from office by a court for breaking the law.

Blow a whistle at the ex-wife of a former PM who is a convicted criminal on the lam and the boys will go and machine gun your old mum's house.

Some sensitive types in Thai elite circles.

there you go again repeating the same old lies "as if" the courts are impartial she was deposed in a COUP

Hold on a minute, I think this pilot in training is more likely immature rather than suicidal.

from wikipedia

I believe he intended the product of the process and not the process, to be read and comprehended, since the use of CFIT in the article was incomplete and misleading.

Quote from OP:

"CFIT is an acronym for Controlled Flight Into Terrain – technical language for crashing an airplane"

Inadvertently, I might add.

Pretty self explanatory don't you think.

Edited by Rayk

from wikipedia

Actually I found his c&p informative. Especially since this article misdefined the acronym.

No surprise that the airlines prioritized face-saving above all else. But puzzling that the best face-saving option, sacking the pilots, wasn't applied. facepalm.gif

I encourage the public to keep this story in the news until they lose their jobs and are prosecuted, and more important the airlines take responsibility for their employees or face serious punitive consequences.

Joking about airline safety from any employees of airlines is totally unacceptable. Doesn't matter who it's directed towards or in what medium the jokes were made.

You understand they have a suicidal pilot in training. On what facts do you base that definitive statement?

A pilot knows quite well, that flying a plane into the ground, will kill the pilot with all passengers. So if a pilot is willing to perform this CFIT, he want to commit suicide and imho is suicidal.

Oh I don't think he is suicidal, just a grade A plonker!

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING, but I SUPPORT the monitoring of occupations where the public services which impact the average citizen may be harmed. Freedom of speech should be respected but also the safety of people in today's dangerous world. There's a bunch of NUT JOBS in jobs that put citizens at risk. Where does it stop?

Slightly off topic: Nok Air. The last time I flew with them (and I mean the last time) was about 4 years ago when I noticed an infant sitting in the lap of a fellow passenger without an infant seatbelt during takeoff. Long story abbreviated: there were 3 infants on board, none of which were fitted with infant seatbelts during takeoff or landing. I complained to Nok Air by email and when NO response came I used the same media to report it to DCA (as it was then). Again no response.

If you don't understand the peril that an infant presents to other passengers (and itself) when [it] is flying around the cabin during a takeoff or landing mishap please do some research. It's a jungle out there.

There are already reasons to avoid Nok Air like their age-old planes.

One more reason to add.

FYI...Nok Air's average fleet age is approximately 7 years. Literal "babies" in the airline industry. The oldest planes they fly...and only have 2 of these...are 9 years old. They have 6 planes that are only 1.5 years old and 21 of their 29 planes are B737's and they are all about 8 years old.

While there may well be valid safety concerns at Nok Air, fleet age is not one of them. Perhaps maintenance and/or pilot qualifications/experience but not aircraft age.

Slightly off topic: Nok Air. The last time I flew with them (and I mean the last time) was about 4 years ago when I noticed an infant sitting in the lap of a fellow passenger without an infant seatbelt during takeoff. Long story abbreviated: there were 3 infants on board, none of which were fitted with infant seatbelts during takeoff or landing. I complained to Nok Air by email and when NO response came I used the same media to report it to DCA (as it was then). Again no response.

If you don't understand the peril that an infant presents to other passengers (and itself) when [it] is flying around the cabin during a takeoff or landing mishap please do some research. It's a jungle out there.

While I agree with your perceived danger to both infants as well as those in the line of fire of jettisoned infants...the FAA still does not mandate that children under 2 years old have to be restrained in an approved "child restraint seat/system" in their own seats. While this is the ONLY way to assure the safety of infants, as well other passengers, neither the FAA, nor most airlines require this. As an aviation employee for more than 3 decades, I can assure you that most if not all US air carriers do not require these safety measures and allow children under 2 years old to be held in the lap, without any restraint other than the parent/guardian's arms. In fact, the crew are instructed to tell parents NOT to belt the child in with themselves.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/2013/04/18/if-the-faa-thought-flying-with-lap-kids-was-unsafe-it-would-require-kid-seats-right-wrong/#72d2fbc66604

Bottom Line...it is the parents/guardian's responsibility to assure the safety of the child and they should purchase another seat and an approved child restraint seat, rather than skimp and save money at risk of their child's safety. As well as the safety of other passengers.

Edited by Skeptic7