Massages in Bangkok - Wages, income, etc.

patjk

As with many things here this simply does not make sense financially.

How do they ever re-coup start up costs let alone run a profit?

Always been curious about this one ( and others ).

Who cares about "start up" costs when it is usually a Farang that paid for it

What a load of crap your comment is.

I lived next to a very attractive girl who worked at the shop that was raided...she was also a model and actress for print and commercials here in Thailand, and would work "massage" at night...according to her bf, who was a farang, she made about 100,000 a month in tips and salary...I doubted it initially...but he was a young guy, and she took care of him entirely...her plan was to work for five years of so, and purchase a home for her family, and a condo in bkk for herself...

Sounds exaggerated.

To earn that she would be blowing, bonking and shaking five customers plus everyday.

Doubtless the Farang was claiming there were no happy endings and she is a good girl?

Not at all.

Maybe you should check the thai forums where girls are looking for jobs and the MP's post job offers. Starting salaries are 40k and up in proper soapy's.

Girls in a Gentlemen-Club makes at least 1,500/night + drinks + tips without shagging anyone. Thats up to them and wont be cheap.

What is a proper soapy?

As with many things here this simply does not make sense financially.

How do they ever re-coup start up costs let alone run a profit?

Always been curious about this one ( and others ).

Who cares about "start up" costs when it is usually a Farang that paid for it
What a load of crap your comment is.

It is the Thaivisa myth of the day.

The thousands of massage shops all over the country are "usually" paid for by farangs.

What will it be tomorrow?

I lived next to a very attractive girl who worked at the shop that was raided...she was also a model and actress for print and commercials here in Thailand, and would work "massage" at night...according to her bf, who was a farang, she made about 100,000 a month in tips and salary...I doubted it initially...but he was a young guy, and she took care of him entirely...her plan was to work for five years of so, and purchase a home for her family, and a condo in bkk for herself...

Sounds exaggerated.

To earn that she would be blowing, bonking and shaking five customers plus everyday.

Doubtless the Farang was claiming there were no happy endings and she is a good girl?

Not at all.

Maybe you should check the thai forums where girls are looking for jobs and the MP's post job offers. Starting salaries are 40k and up in proper soapy's.

Girls in a Gentlemen-Club makes at least 1,500/night + drinks + tips without shagging anyone. Thats up to them and wont be cheap.

Agreed.

I've been with wealthy Thai friends to Gentlemen's clubs where we've been presented with about 50 super hot girls and chose one each to sit and drink with us.

The fee for each girl to sit, chat and keep our drinks topped up was around 2000 THB per hour per girl.

There was never any sex, just talking and drinking games.

I knew a girl who we were only friend who worked at soapy making over 100k baht as well during high seasons. She wasn't even the most beautiful or expensive women similar to the raided massage places.

It seems most of you think there is some strong massage-girl union and the wages are mandated by some form of massage-parlor legislators. I'll wager it depends upon the establishment's owners, the girl's acquired, the services offered, and the customer-traffic they generate. Most girls make very little of the upfront fee and may not even get all the tips they can garner from the massage-recipient. If they live and eat on the premises, they make even less and many may have to pay a daily fee for the right to work.

I knew a girl who we were only friend who worked at soapy making over 100k baht as well during high seasons. She wasn't even the most beautiful or expensive women similar to the raided massage places.

Yes, there can be exceptions. I knew a girl in Saigon during the war who now lives very comfortably as a senior citizen in Texas. She was special; very good looking and extremely talented. She worked at a place we called the Korean Welfare Service-Center--it was rumored to be owned by some of the dozens of Korean Army generals in Saigon during the war. She had her own room with lounge chairs, steam cabinet, massage table, and tiled bath. She provided good music, sexy dancing, cold beer, snacks, and various personal services. It was rumored that some customers even got a massage. She was such a novelty act that you had to make an appointment if you wanted her.

yup I agree girls working in extra service massages in Bangkok makes between 60K-160k baht monthly depending on their age and beauty factor, some masseuses who offer extras to some customers after work hours makes between 30K-50K baht monthly.

Edited by marcofunny

if the girls working in the ordinary massage shops are not very old, fat or ugly, they will constantly scout for new generous sponsors / walking Atms and derive their income from a circle of 2-10 frequent paying gigs, they are perfect at hiding all their affairs from the shop or colleagues or even their Thai bf at home for the sake of shame, reputation etc, they will meet their customers after working hours for extra high paid services, thus supplementing the basic wage of 8K-15K they got at the shop.

for unknown reason to me, many girls don't bother to enlarge the paying circle easily, thus many new comers to Thailand does not realize that extras are always offered by many ordinary spa shops, they have a specific screening method to ensure utmost secrecy and to target the best paying gullible, for example they avoid cheap backpackers, guys speaking Thai or someone with deep knowledge of Thailand etc also they avoid big mouths who can put them in trouble with the boss or her bf at home.

a neighbor of mine who s working in spa shop is having an old Japanese sponsor paying for her monthly rental of 16K, the guy is visiting Thailand occasionally while she offers her services occasionally to a wealthy Israeli businessman and she 's having some relation with a Thai man who s probably her former husband.

Edited by marcofunny

last one i asked for a date after hours requested 3k baht for her time, non-negotiable.

so i figure some are making in the 90k / month range, not counting shop pay.

working the salon is worth it just to meet prospective clients.

The conversation has become quite muddled here.

For your basic legit massage shops I think the ladies are compensated under all different schemes. Some ladies will draw a monthly salary and therefore be on tips only. Some will get no salary but a % of the massage fee plus their tips instead. Add in the additional variable of some shops providing some sort of room/board and you can see where it would get confusion.

If you consider the above works itself out as equal somehow: my question is more about the proper tip amount. Is it a percentage of the massage fee, or some along the lines of a fixed amount per hour? I am usually in the 20% range, or 50-70 baht per hour, for say your standard 250-350 one hour baht foot/oil/thai massage.

SL

For your basic legit massage shops I think the ladies are compensated under all different schemes. Some ladies will draw a monthly salary and therefore be on tips only. Some will get no salary but a % of the massage fee plus their tips instead. Add in the additional variable of some shops providing some sort of room/board and you can see where it would get confusion.

If you consider the above works itself out as equal somehow: my question is more about the proper tip amount. Is it a percentage of the massage fee, or some along the lines of a fixed amount per hour? I am usually in the 20% range, or 50-70 baht per hour, for say your standard 250-350 one hour baht foot/oil/thai massage.

SL

I always tip 100 baht, as it is easier than trying to come up with exactly 70 baht or whatever the amount.

Since I know the girl is getting 100 baht, I have just doubled her pay, which seems good for her, and no problem for me.

If she can do 3 per day at 200 baht, that is 600 per day. If she works 24 days in the month, she can pull down 14,000+ baht, which is not bad.

SL

I always tip 100 baht, as it is easier than trying to come up with exactly 70 baht or whatever the amount.

Since I know the girl is getting 100 baht, I have just doubled her pay, which seems good for her, and no problem for me.

If she can do 3 per day at 200 baht, that is 600 per day. If she works 24 days in the month, she can pull down 14,000+ baht, which is not bad.

Thais tip 20 baht the most.