Warrant issued for owner of Nataree soapy massage

webfact

So they can issue arrest warrants for the owners/managers of Nataree in a matter of days (for essentially victimless crimes - the Burmese and Lao girls willingly pay to be taken to Bangkok where can make more in 1 day than they would make in a month in their home countries) and they can't issue an arrest warrant for Dhammajayo after months (for the theft/embezzlement of billions of baht)?

Yeah! But but- that's different but unfortunately I can't think of new excuse why because they have all been used.

well known owner of Nataree massage parlour

Prasert Sukkhee (known as Kolak) aka Mr Prasert Sookee or Ko Luk

Well known??? Maybe I've been missing something, but I don't recall ever hearing this particular name before.

Although one might assume, it's a humorous pseudonym associated with the nature of this business... biggrin.png

Meanwhile, I see Khaosod refers to him with the following:

Prasert, aka Ko Lok, is well-known for owning several large “massage parlors” along Ratchadapisek Road, a strip nicknamed by Thais as the Road of Lust for its seedy reputation.

post-58284-0-64043100-1465969668_thumb.j

Ouch!

Fifteen of the girls were later confirmed to be under 18, police said Saturdaym, the youngest of which was 15.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/courts/2016/06/14/massage-parlor-king-wanted-pimping-minors/

BTW, AFAICT, a Google search for the terms "Prasert" and "Nataree" prior to May 2016 found no hits in English-language content referring to this guy by name. So apparently not so well known at least in English language sources.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Anyone remember Chuwit, the massage king? Whatever happened to him?

Believe he is in prison,they did take him there,but not sure if he is still inside,

chose not to do a runner as most do,so you have to respect him for that.

regards worgeordie

Photo of him today in the BKK Post - apparently he is now assistant to the prison warden.

A lot on here seem to be more worried about the cops and the owners.

If there is sex trafficking slavery and underage workers at this establishment then that should not take backseat to corrupt cops and the owners,

If it is found to be true I hope they are receive long jail terms.

How does anyone know that all the girls we willing and not threatened with repcussions if they wanted to leave.

I am not saying you are wrong but frankly i would not think for one minute that the reason for this raid was to fight slavery and trafficking....

Would they want to fight those, they should just go inspect a few boats and factories... Not a "high profile" massage parlor in Bangkok...

Just a good excuse and it looks good in the news...

Within hours of the recent massacre in Orlando FL Donald Trump posted on Twitter:

“Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism."
On here everybody seems to know what goes on and what has happened and what will happen even before anything happens because they know how things work here whether they work that way or not. You can't fool us,, no siree.

IMHO i think someone went in for a freebie and when receiving the checkbin said " Do you know who I am ? " He still had to pay up and the one who said " Do you know who I am " was way up the food chain so to save loss of face big he puffed up his chest and showed just who he was.. My opinion but I could be way off .

well known owner of Nataree massage parlour

Prasert Sukkhee (known as Kolak) aka Mr Prasert Sookee or Ko Luk

Well known??? Maybe I've been missing something, but I don't recall ever hearing this particular name before.

Although one might assume, it's a humorous pseudonym associated with the nature of this business... biggrin.png

Meanwhile, I see Khaosod refers to him with the following:

Prasert, aka Ko Lok, is well-known for owning several large “massage parlors” along Ratchadapisek Road, a strip nicknamed by Thais as the Road of Lust for its seedy reputation.

attachicon.gifPS0460.jpg

Ouch!

Fifteen of the girls were later confirmed to be under 18, police said Saturdaym, the youngest of which was 15.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/courts/2016/06/14/massage-parlor-king-wanted-pimping-minors/

BTW, AFAICT, a Google search for the terms "Prasert" and "Nataree" prior to May 2016 found no hits in English-language content referring to this guy by name. So apparently not so well known at least in English language sources.

According to a few Thai forums I've browsed and translated over and over until my computer froze up, the owner Prasert Sukkhee (known as Kolak) is the Godfather of Ratchadaphisek Road in Bangkok, he was untouchable until the recent Thai junta launched a crackdown on 'influential figures' stoking crime.

I have two pictures of him. The large picture contains Thai text, yes sorry I know your not allowed to post Thai text. Can't find another photo without. The other picture is smaller.

post-145516-14659808637076_thumb.jpg

post-145516-14659809964723_thumb.jpg

A lot on here seem to be more worried about the cops and the owners.

If there is sex trafficking slavery and underage workers at this establishment then that should not take backseat to corrupt cops and the owners,

If it is found to be true I hope they are receive long jail terms.

How does anyone know that all the girls we willing and not threatened with repcussions if they wanted to leave.

After almost 30 years living and working in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar, I can tell you that the soapy massage business isn't a sex slavery business. Most of the girls arrive with insufficient money to rent a room and buy their uniforms, so they get an advance from the massage parlor. Once they have repaid the advance (usually within a month), they have no obligation to continue working. If they want to leave or move to a different massage parlor, they pay an exit fee of 10,000 - 20,000 baht and then they are free agents (but they can't return to work at the parlor that they left). The exit fee covers the loss of business from the regular customers that they have acquired. Most do regular visa runs back to their home countries as required in order to renew their Thai visas.

If you are correct that they have to pay an exit fee than in fact it is a form of slavery.

Is this political?

Is the government interested in ending human trafficking or regulating prostitution or putting a stop on corruption?

Or are they simply taking the opportunity to purge their competition out of the market.

Will those people trafficking humans and prostitution run by the "good people" stay the same or grow during this government's administration?

Edited by Wilsonandson

Similar News Link:-

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Ex-police-chief-faces-investigation-30171823.html

Chuwit: No Massage Parlor Near Schools

The Love Thailand Party leader held a press conference against a famous massage parlor located near a school in Ratchadapisek District.

Love Thailand Party leader Chuwit Kamolvisit held a press conference yesterday in front of Trium Udom Suksa Pattanakarn School on Ratchadapisek Road.

He fired at the high-ranking police officer who allowed the massage parlor Elina to reopen opposite the school, saying that it's unlawful and school children will be swayed by bad influences.

He added that he campaigned against Elina seven years ago, which led to the closure of the parlor.

After that Chuwit interviewed students about the massage parlor near their school.

In response, the Elina owner, Prasert Sukkhee, also known as Kolak, showed up and rebuked Chuwit.

Prasert said back during the days when Chuwit was the former owner of the 'Honolulu' massage parlor has asked a permission to use the temple gate as another entrance.

Prasert stated that Chuwit would like to play a high profile in the matter to increase his popularity.

In addition, Prasert demanded that if Chuwit sold all of his parlor businesses before becoming an MP, then he must prove that he paid taxes legally.

Chuwit did not strike back but left the scene immediately.

Prasert insisted that he has struggled for seven years to reopen the parlor.

He stated that his business is legal, since it is located more than 150 meters from the school as stipulated by the law.

Moreover, he said he may file a charge against Chuwit for tarnishing his reputation, after a discussion with his lawyer.

-- Tan Network 2011-12-07

"He fired at the high-ranking police officer who allowed the massage parlor Elina to reopen"

Just need someone intelligent to put this jigsaw puzzle together to solve the Why take down Nataree soapy massage parlor?

From the news reports I read here on the subject, it seemed there were hardly any Thai women at Nataree at the time of the raid.

The news reports seemed to say almost all of them were foreign workers, and then a few of those underage.

It surprised me, if that's in fact true, that the Thai ladies weren't being used so much there. Not like the work? Not enough pay? Or those willing aren't light skinned enough?

It struck me as very odd.

Meanwhile at the high priced venue: "No law breaking was discovered at all. The license was in order, there were no underage girls and all were Thai citizens. In fact no foreigners were used in the making of this movie that appeared on the Khaosod Faceboook page."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924695-roll-up-roll-up-police-live-at-emmanuelle-massage/

I guess I could add something clever but I'll defer to the clever comments to follow.

Edited by JLCrab