Bought a Stallion... "Motorcycle"

sendbaht

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK so I tried 2 manuals today both were proper POS bikes but I wanted to try.

OK first one had a foot based gear change which was easy the screen showed the neutral and you pushed forward down to go up a gear. The foot brake on other side I liked too. But this was more of a moped but my first manual experience.

OK so next I jump on this 125cc POS and first thing that bothered me was the noise. Do all bikes sound this loud over a certain extent gone size? I'm sure the idiot had put some kind of turbo noise exhaust on or something. Awful.

The electrics were broken on this POS and it was a 5 step feel for the small click gear to get our of neutral. The bike was a motorbike so I was pleased with my position on the bike but the gears were a nightmare. My Mrs sisters bloke supervised me and he rides bikes a lot so I asked out of the way from all others if bike was normal? Motor cy Tamada? Fast as you like he answers MEI Tamada . I asked him about the noise he said if it bothers me maybe automatic is a better option and recommended forza 300.

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy a decent POS manual to play on for a couple of months. I think if the electric dashboard had worked the issue may have been less of a pain or has anyone got some more info I might find useful?

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

OK so I tried 2 manuals today both were proper POS bikes but I wanted to try.

OK first one had a foot based gear change which was easy the screen showed the neutral and you pushed forward down to go up a gear. The foot brake on other side I liked too. But this was more of a moped but my first manual experience.

OK so next I jump on this 125cc POS and first thing that bothered me was the noise. Do all bikes sound this loud over a certain extent gone size? I'm sure the idiot had put some kind of turbo noise exhaust on or something. Awful.

The electrics were broken on this POS and it was a 5 step feel for the small click gear to get our of neutral. The bike was a motorbike so I was pleased with my position on the bike but the gears were a nightmare. My Mrs sisters bloke supervised me and he rides bikes a lot so I asked out of the way from all others if bike was normal? Motor cy Tamada? Fast as you like he answers MEI Tamada . I asked him about the noise he said if it bothers me maybe automatic is a better option and recommended forza 300.

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy a decent POS manual to play on for a couple of months. I think if the electric dashboard had worked the issue may have been less of a pain or has anyone got some more info I might find useful?

Buy a bicycle.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:51 AM, bramds said:

Buy a bicycle.

Ahaha you killed me !

Rc2702 : 

I would say, don't buy a "big" manual as a starter, a good and fun idea would be to start with a cheap 2nd hand MSX ;

It's cheap, light, manoeuvrable and only 4 manual gear box, perfect to start in Bangkok / Thailand.

Have fun, drive it a couple of month, if you're still alive and confident with manual gears then sell it and take and upgrade, you will only lose a few thousands bahts.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:07 PM, Rc2702 said:

OK so I'm there on the brand of bike I like this Stallion style I'm on it but I'm stingy and I never buy brand new vehicles so I'm looking at 30,000 baht and we have spotted one for sale in that range.

My next novice question:

How serious should I be treating bike wear I mean I want to look the part but do you wear that padded stuff to be on the safe side at all times or maybe just for longer journeys?

What starter brands should I be looking at for the clothes I mean I don't want to get laughed out the shop when they see my bike but I do want to have that Reno Raynes look 4.0 (the renegade) albeit with short hair.

First buy a good helmet not a tesco lotus index one, full or modular.

Second buy gloves, you have no idea how it's gonna help you if (or should i say when) you fall.

Third : Good shoes

For jacket, i would say buy a heavy jean jacket for regular rides, buy a real jacket for long trip roads.

Now that's easy to say, like now i'm heading from bkk to chiang mai with my big jacket, it's 42 degrees here and i thought i was going to die yesterday, had to stop 1 day only after 300km.

19 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

First buy a good helmet not a tesco lotus index one, full or modular.

Second buy gloves, you have no idea how it's gonna help you if (or should i say when) you fall.

Third : Good shoes

For jacket, i would say buy a heavy jean jacket for regular rides, buy a real jacket for long trip roads.

Now that's easy to say, like now i'm heading from bkk to chiang mai with my big jacket, it's 42 degrees here and i thought i was going to die yesterday, had to stop 1 day only after 300km.

I bought this jacket and it's great in hot weather as it's ventilated and has removable padding in all the right places.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newly-Motorcycle-Safety-Jacket-Long-Sleeve-Riding-Clothes-Protective-Sportwear-/302082029609?var=&hash=item46557df829:m:mADNjG1-bcpYhni0mhoYWyg

• 1 month later...

I saw two Suzuki Van Van close up in front of dealer's shop in Phuket town yesterday - is that retro !  I must say they look really nice, not sure about room for pillion passenger at the back but those tires are huge up close..... 

24 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I saw two Suzuki Van Van close up in front of dealer's shop in Phuket town yesterday - is that retro !  I must say they look really nice, not sure about room for pillion passenger at the back but those tires are huge up close..... 

But they are either 125 or 200cc. Small bikes.

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, Pepper9187 said:

For jacket, i would say buy a heavy jean jacket for regular rides, buy a real jacket for long trip roads

Tear and Abrasion Strength by the numbers
Pounds of force until fabric tears Abrasion cycles on pavement until fabric fails
CottonJeans 4.5 pounds to tear 50 cycles to failure
70 Denier Standard Nylon 4.5 pounds to tear 165 cycles to failure
500 Denier Polyester 8 pounds to tear 180 cycles to failure
200 Denier Standard Nylon 7.5 pounds to tear 275 cycles to failure
500 Denier Cordura 22 pounds to tear 710 cycles to failure
620 Denier Cordura 35 pounds to tear 1200 cycles to failure
NEW Competition Grade Leather 80-110 pounds to tear 1200-1700 cycles to failure
1000 Denier Cordura 110 pounds to tear 1780 cycles to failure
Air Mesh Kevlar 1260 pounds to tear 970 cycles to failure Stretch Kevlar Blend 420lbs pounds to tear 1800 cycles to failure

This is how quickly some materials take to hole:
Material Seconds
Denim 0.2 to 0.5
Some race gloves 0.6
Most leather gloves 1.0 to 1.8
Keprotec stretch material 0.9
Poor Kevlar 1.0
Two layers of waxed cotton 1.3
1.3mm thick cow hide 3.8
Two layers of 1.3mm thick cowhide 18
Three layers of 1.3mm thick cowhide 55
Two layers of Kevlar plain weave 5.6
Suede 18
Boot leather (generally 2.2mm thick) 20
Leather stretch panels 20.4

Drag Test

"For the Drag Test, samples were stitched to a bag that held a 75-pound
sandbag inside a milk crate, then dragged behind a pickup truck..."

New, 100% Cotton Denim Jeans ----------------------- 3' 10"
Senior Balistic Nylon ----------------------------------- 3' 10"
Leather, Lightweight, Nude Finish, 2.25 oz/sq. ft. --- 4' 3"
Leather, Fashion Weight, 1.75 oz/sq ft. ------------- 4' 4"
Two-year-old 100% Cotton Denim Jeans ------------ 4' 5"
Cordura Nylon Type 440 ----------------------------- 18' 3"
Kevlar 29 Aramid Fiber, Style 713 ------------------ 22' 1"
Leather, Competition Weight, 3 oz/sq. ft. -------- 86' 0"

Edited by canthai55

7 hours ago, XB12X said:

Rdrokit, has your Scrambler been a good purchase? I am trying to get some feeedback from owners. How many km have you done on it, please?

So far I am still loving the bike. Only have done 2000km because I have been in the USA. Had to change the ECU under warranty. I have a friend I ride with and he has over 20,000km on his CT400 with only the same ECU problem. I think the early models built had ECU problems but now I think they are putting the new ECUs on all the new models. Bike runs strong with a top end around 145kph. I think it is the best buy around at 116,000 baht. A lot of bike for the money. I do not think you will be disappointed if you buy one. Go for it you only live once............unless your Buddhist. lol

IMGP0066.jpg

2 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

So far I am still loving the bike. Only have done 2000km because I have been in the USA. Had to change the ECU under warranty. I have a friend I ride with and he has over 20,000km on his CT400 with only the same ECU problem. I think the early models built had ECU problems but now I think they are putting the new ECUs on all the new models. Bike runs strong with a top end around 145kph. I think it is the best buy around at 116,000 baht. A lot of bike for the money. I do not think you will be disappointed if you buy one. Go for it you only live once............unless your Buddhist. lol

IMGP0066.jpg

Have you been out in the rain/mud with those tyres...and no mudguard?

It is certainly a nice looking bike and for that money too...

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

Have you been out in the rain/mud with those tyres...and no mudguard?

It is certainly a nice looking bike and for that money too...

Don't do off road anymore at age 70 my kidneys can't take it. lol I do have a front fender on now.

Edited by Rdrokit

4 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

Don't do off road anymore at age 70 my kidneys can't take it. lol I do have a front fender on now.

I meant mud on the road, I have a dirt bike with a front mudguard and have to back off when I see any water/crap on the road, otherwise it gets me in the "eyes and teeth". If I drop down to 40kph, the mudguard takes care of it, but with nothing it would be a bugga.

Glad to hear you now have a front mudguard.... and still a kid at 70. Hat's off to you. 

PS. 400cc you could take that to Laos............and you should.

Edited by AllanB

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2016 at 3:03 AM, Hedghog said:

What size feet are best for comfortable riding.

Check out the distance front peg to rear break.post-170299-0-68814700-1466107315_thumb.post-170299-0-19463200-1466107361_thumb.

Looks like your foot will get melted with the exhaust pipe running right under the peg. Same when you mash on the rear brake. You'll be getting a footful of hot pipe. Pretty bad design.

1 hour ago, GoldenTriangle said:

Looks like your foot will get melted with the exhaust pipe running right under the peg. Same when you mash on the rear brake. You'll be getting a footful of hot pipe. Pretty bad design.

There are a lot of bikes like this, see my old Honda.........

bike 1.jpg

Don't wear flip-flops...

Edited by AllanB

12 hours ago, anto said:

I am doubtful of buying one after my experience with a Lifan ,but i like the look of the Iron -one 250 cc and B88,000 .Its a classic looking cruiser ,with a single spring seat .

I guess it goes by model. my GY200 is great, just a little short on power for two up with luggage. Bought it because a friend had abused his for 4 years, without a problem.

My first big bike was a Honda Phanton, hated the piece of gutless, under-engineered junk, other say they are okay. I think the fun factor cannot be underestimated, and the Phantom was not fun. 

Edited by AllanB